• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adam Carriker is a Redskin

According to that other board :) a 5th round pick.

What does that leave us, a 1st, 4th and 7th?

Pretty much Henry, yeah. Not sure how I feel about this. Seems like the "rich getting richer" within the team but I guess if it leads to a dominating defense it is tough to complain.

According to that other board :) a 5th round pick.

What does that leave us, a 1st, 4th and 7th?

Fine by me!

So you're telling me that two weeks ago, for three 5th rounders, one could acquire Santonio Holmes, Tenn Ginn, and Adam Carricker? Crazy.

I'm hardly a Rams fan, anyone know the deal with Carricker? Remember he was part of the Landry draft I think. Recall scouting him with Gaines Adams and Robert Ayers and the other defensive ends we didn't bother getting. Curious to know more about how he's done in St. Louis.

Just heard this. Wonder what this means for Haynesworth or Rocky? We will be trading guys and getting some picks back.

Heard speculation this opens the door for Rams to trade for Osi Umenyiora? If they trade for Osi will this open door for Rams to take Okung and us trading out of 4th.

Going to be a wild couple of days.

I dreamt last night that despite all the prognostications, despite bringing in McNabb, Bradford somehow slipped to us and we picked him.

Crazy.

Last edited:
He seems like a perfect fit at DE in a 3-4 system. Obviously he's been considered a bust to this point after being taken so high in 2007. I think he was injured all last year right?

Fine by me!

So you're telling me that two weeks ago, for three 5th rounders, one could acquire Santonio Holmes, Tenn Ginn, and Adam Carricker? Crazy.

I'm hardly a Rams fan, anyone know the deal with Carricker? Remember he was part of the Landry draft I think. Recall scouting him with Gaines Adams and Robert Ayers and the other defensive ends we didn't bother getting. Curious to know more about how he's done in St. Louis.

Yeah. A pick for a name always seems great on paper, doesn't it?

Anyway, here's the only thing I could find about this guy, off a Rams board. They were discussing team depth:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/20786142?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

LDT- Adam Carriker, Chris Bradwell, Leger Douzable, and Fred Robbins. Big need Adam is always hurt maybe we should trade to Redskins.

I'm sure we'll find out a lot more now that the trade's happened.

He seems like a perfect fit at DE in a 3-4 system. Obviously he's been considered a bust to this point after being taken so high in 2007. I think he was injured all last year right?

He was. Injured a shoulder in pre-season and had season ending surgery on it.

Got to wonder why Spags would agree to letting him go though and if a defensive guru like him is letting a guy go, makes you wonder if he is all that at this point.

Heard we got Carriker and swapped 5th round picks, so we dropped 20 spots. If true a good deal for us.

Yeah, I can live with that too if true. Swapping picks that deep in the draft is nearly like not giving them anything.

I dreamt last night that despite all the prognostications, despite bringing in McNabb, Bradford somehow slipped to us and we picked him.

Crazy.

I think this has potential. Just pray Giants don't trade Osi Umenyoria to Rams.

Yeah, I can live with that too if true. Swapping picks that deep in the draft is nearly like not giving them anything.
We move from pick 135 to 163. Hardly think anyone in that group of 28 players will have the instant or long-term potential as Carriker, and the fact that Hasslet coached him personally means that he had to in some way vouched for him and blessed this move.

The old regime overpays for this move. The new regime does not. :claps:

I like it - guy has got to have some serious natural ability to be drafted where he was, and while the injury thing is concerning, it also likely means we really haven't seen him at his best in the pro ranks. It's a pretty cheap risk to take with a lot of potential upside. Certainly no riskier than the Mike Williams experiment :)

RickMaese

Trade update: also swap 7th round picks. Skins move up in 7th round from 211 overall to rams' spot at 208 less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

From what I've read, Carriker has best year when Haslett was coach.

So we swap 5th and 7th round picks. Feel a Gibbs giggle coming on.

From what I've read, Carriker has best year when Haslett was coach.

So we swap 5th and 7th round picks. Feel a Gibbs giggle coming on.

This is essentially nothing. They must have really wanted him out of St. Louis.

You know what I REALLY like about all this? That we have no idea about what's next. Yes, I'm a little unnerved that we're draft pick starved at the moment....but with a few purgeable bodies on the squad (Haynesworth, Landry, Carter, Campbell) I think that can be addressed. For what we've gained, I feel that overall we've given up very little. Even for McNabb. I'm looking so forward to seeing what happens over the next few days.

LOVE this......

HTTR

Wow - I agree - that's almost a wash in terms of draft pick impact, not *nothing* but as close to it as you can get. The Rams must really be targeting someone in that 5th round that they're worried won't be there where they were sitting - hard to believe they have mapped it out that far, but it looks that way. I just don't quite get why they'd give the guy away at this price, injured/underperforming, or not?

Who is this front office anyway? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.