• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RI: Sean Taylor's locker to go on display at FedEx Field

kirbster

Sean Taylor's locker to go on display at FedEx Field

Two and a half years after Sean Taylor's death, the locker room memorial for one of the Redskins' most beloved players is being removed from Redskins Park. The locker will reappear before the start of the season at FedEx Field, situated in the club level and open for public viewing.

The locker had been mostly untouched since Taylor's death on Nov. 27, 2007, but it is no longer present in the locker room. In its place, wood paneling temporarily covers the empty space. A new locker is expected to be installed soon and a new player will occupy Taylor's old place in the locker room.

The decision to move the locker was surely a difficult one for the team's new leaders. On the one hand, everyone in the organization is eager to begin a new chapter and start anew after a couple of frustrating seasons. On the other, Taylor's death rocked the franchise -- from players to fans -- and his preserved locker was a very visible way for the team to honor his memory.

"We wanted to respect Sean's memory and find an appropriate place to display the locker he used every day at Redskins Park," General Manager Bruce Allen said in a statement provided to The Post. "We know how much Sean meant and still means to our fans and we are happy to be able to share this with them."

Something feels a little weird about the placement on this, I don't know what it is. Am I alone in thinking this?

Something feels a little weird about the placement on this, I don't know what it is. Am I alone in thinking this?

No, myself and several of my "tweeps" thought this seemed like a ploy to sell club tickets. "Buy club seats and have access to Sean Taylor's locker!"

I'd be more inclined to think that if Snyderatto were still in charge. I don't think Allen and Shanahan are that crass. But what do I know?

I'd be more inclined to think that if Snyderatto were still in charge. I don't think Allen and Shanahan are that crass. But what do I know?

Snyder is still in charge of ticket sales and gimmicks - I don't think that's ever NOT been the case, even when Vinny was around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.