A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    kirbster
    Honored Guest

Default RI: Sean Taylor's locker to go on display at FedEx Field

Sean Taylor's locker to go on display at FedEx Field

Two and a half years after Sean Taylor's death, the locker room memorial for one of the Redskins' most beloved players is being removed from Redskins Park. The locker will reappear before the start of the season at FedEx Field, situated in the club level and open for public viewing.

The locker had been mostly untouched since Taylor's death on Nov. 27, 2007, but it is no longer present in the locker room. In its place, wood paneling temporarily covers the empty space. A new locker is expected to be installed soon and a new player will occupy Taylor's old place in the locker room.

The decision to move the locker was surely a difficult one for the team's new leaders. On the one hand, everyone in the organization is eager to begin a new chapter and start anew after a couple of frustrating seasons. On the other, Taylor's death rocked the franchise -- from players to fans -- and his preserved locker was a very visible way for the team to honor his memory.

"We wanted to respect Sean's memory and find an appropriate place to display the locker he used every day at Redskins Park," General Manager Bruce Allen said in a statement provided to The Post. "We know how much Sean meant and still means to our fans and we are happy to be able to share this with them."
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Colgate

Something feels a little weird about the placement on this, I don't know what it is. Am I alone in thinking this?
    0 0 0 0

a/k/a "iheartskins"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Pravda View Post
    Something feels a little weird about the placement on this, I don't know what it is. Am I alone in thinking this?
    No, myself and several of my "tweeps" thought this seemed like a ploy to sell club tickets. "Buy club seats and have access to Sean Taylor's locker!"
    0 0 0 0

kirbster
    Honored Guest

I'd be more inclined to think that if Snyderatto were still in charge. I don't think Allen and Shanahan are that crass. But what do I know?
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
    I'd be more inclined to think that if Snyderatto were still in charge. I don't think Allen and Shanahan are that crass. But what do I know?
    But Snyder is.

Image getting a letter: Buy Club Level tickets now to visit Sean Taylor's locker!

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
    Snyder is still in charge of ticket sales and gimmicks - I don't think that's ever NOT been the case, even when Vinny was around.
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List