• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Add another Redskins player to the trade block

BGO

This is shaping up to be transformational week for the Redskins.We knew Albert Haynesworth and Jason Campbell were available in trades, and now it sounds like Rocky McIntosh can be added to the mix.Jason Reid of the Washington Post talked...

More...

Not totally understanding this unless Shanahan told him he wasn't part of the team's plan this year. I have a feeling he'll be part of a package trade come Draft Day.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this draft, especially the first day, is going to be really interesting. I'm expecting some surprises and a lot of maneuvering to be going on.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this draft, especially the first day, is going to be really interesting. I'm expecting some surprises and a lot of maneuvering to be going on.

Yep. It's refreshing not really knowing whats going on, isn't it? Remember when we traded for picks and then drafted Campbell? Yeesh.

Think with this draft you will need a lot of paper, good sharp pencil, and an eraser to keep track. This will be a draft like one we haven't seen in years. Don't think you will see a Ditka entire draft trade for one guy, but plenty of moving around.

Enough moving that Mayflower has hired extra crews. :smile2:

And since Schefter and Shanny are very tight, I'd say he has it on the best authority.

There is a big difference between being friends and Shanny telling a reporter what he plans on doing on draft day. I think Big Al, Campbell and Rocky are all gone after the draft. I just hope we have fair compensation.

According to Schefter, Haynesworth is NOT on the block:

I call smokescreen on this one. But you never know.

And the smokescreens league-wide seem to be getting thicker as the draft approaches. This upcoming week is going to be very interesting indeed. :shocked:

And the smokescreens league-wide seem to be getting thicker as the draft approaches. This upcoming week is going to be very interesting indeed. :shocked:

It's the drama and the build up that makes the draft special.
That and when something crazy happens like when the Raiders make a pick or a fan base goes ballistic when "their player" isn't picked (see Mcnabb/Eagles, Ted Ginn Jr./Dolphins).

I gotta say, I really don't care who is traded at this point as long as the move makes our team better. There are many players on the team I do not want to see leave this squad. Chris Cooley is my favorite Redskin at the moment, but if we could get better, then I would trade him in a heart beat. I like Rocky McIntosh and London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Phillip Daniels and most of the players we have left, even Big Al, but if they are traded to make us competitive I am fine with it.

The key is getting value.

I couldn't agree more. Four picks and we have a lot of needs. We need a Left Tackle, Right Tackle, Free Safety and Inside Linebacker. If we take Okung at #4, then we don't pick again until the 4th round pick. Now I think Shanahan can find a Right Tackle late, no doubt about it. However Free Safeties and Inside Linebackers aren't as easy to fine.

I don't think we use free safeties, per se. Just half-field safeties who can play in space but also come up and mix it up in the trash.

According to Schefter, Haynesworth is NOT on the block:

I call smokescreen on this one. But you never know.

Just because he's not on the block doesn't mean he won't get traded. It just means we're not "actively" shopping him....but we're always willing to listen to offers. :D

Of course, considering how much money we already have invested in Haynesworth, it could be that the only offers we'll listen to involve the Lions' #2 pick or the Bucs' #3 pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.