• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mr. Irrelevant: LaRon Landry Has Been Working Out

BGO

No, no, seriously, you guys: I heard that the more you lift weights, the easier it is to not bite on double-moves and completely whiff on open field tackles. IT’S TRUE! How do I know that? Well, why else would LaRon Landry show up looking like this? Image via Matt Terl, who also offers up this [...]

More...

Good he should be a freaking linebacker anyway with the way he covers. At least if he whiffs as a LB there's a couple of safeties back there to make the tackle? I'm just sayin.

I really don't disagree Kevin... gotta wonder if you're the first to think of moving him....

I don't see how he can bulk up enough to be a LB in the 3-4. Typically they want all four of those guys to be 235 plus and preferably the "plus", or so I thought. Landry is listed as 210 right now. 25lbs is a lot of weight to put on and not adversely impact the athleticism that has gotten him here.

Not that I completely disagree either, just wondering at the real feasibility of it.

I don't see how he can bulk up enough to be a LB in the 3-4. Typically they want all four of those guys to be 235 plus and preferably the "plus", or so I thought. Landry is listed as 210 right now. 25lbs is a lot of weight to put on and not adversely impact the athleticism that has gotten him here.

Not that I completely disagree either, just wondering at the real feasibility of it.

I was just going to say 25lbs is nothing, and then I saw your athletic impact clause.

:)

Horton is listed as 6'1" and 211 and Landry at 6'0" 210.

Somebody's lying. :)

His upper body alone looks 210.

My only concern is that I hope Laron worked in flexibility with the muscle building. I worry about players getting muscle bound and losing the agility and quickness in the process.

I doubt if that’s a real concern. Done properly, weight lifting actually enhances flexibility, as the muscle is both shortened and lengthened and the opposite muscle is stretched as the opposite is being shortened. This assumes that you are going through the full range of motion.

And the added muscle power will probably enhance his speed where it counts in football. I.E. the ability to get to speed, change direction and stop quickly. He’s not running a marathon after all.

It’s Landry’s muscle between his ears that concerns me the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.