• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anyone else get boned on taxes this year?

Sarge

Just sent a $6000 check to Uncle Obama today. I guess I'm one of those "rich people" everyone wants a piece of:tantrum::tantrum::cuss::redpunch::evil:

$3,500 myself this year. That hurts. Yeah, it's hell being one of the ruling elite. I'm not a 'tea party' type, but I swear, at some point, the federal government is going to have to get off it's citizenry's back or they're going to find themselves in the middle of backlash the likes they haven't seen in a long, long time.

I'd vote for any candidate supporting the demolishment of the IRS, and the implementation of a 10-15% universal flat tax right now and without blinking an eye.

I think a graduated flat tax could fly but I don't know if it ever will...

Wrote my check last week--so it goes, I guess. :) Just wish the AMT didn't knock out almost all of my deductions.

Got back +$3,000. One benefit of being back in school full time, in addition to paying back undergrad loans.

$3,500 myself this year. That hurts. Yeah, it's hell being one of the ruling elite. I'm not a 'tea party' type, but I swear, at some point, the federal government is going to have to get off it's citizenry's back or they're going to find themselves in the middle of backlash the likes they haven't seen in a long, long time.

I'd vote for any candidate supporting the demolishment of the IRS, and the implementation of a 10-15% universal flat tax right now and without blinking an eye.

I'd be on that like white on rice brother. I read and article the other day that said that 49% of the population does not pay taxes. Maybe when everyone has a small strip of flesh removed from their asses every year they'll research political candidates a bit more, instead of voting for who's "cool".

And just as I was about to write the check last night, our accountant called and said our return had been rejected over a bonus Dear Leader had put into military retirement checks. It essentially gave military retirees and extra $250 sometime earlier this year, but now it has to be returned, so we had to put an extra $250 into the check. Indian Giver.:cuss:

I swear, Mrs Sarge was raged more than I was. She was ready to oil the guns. :rifle:

The only consolation was that I told her, "If we're paying taxes, it means we're making money. We could be out of work"

Maybe it be cheaper for one of us to quit work. Isn't it sad to think that way?

Got crushed this year. $5000 back. My assistant, who makes $12/hour had to send $1500 back. Friggin ridiculous.

Like someone said, it sucks being wealthy. So why the hell are we a family of 6 living in a small rancher? Sheesh.

Gettin back about 6200 combined this year. Thankfully, it's just enough to pay for my daughters summer trip, six countries in 19 days with People To People

You mean my $6000 is going to pay for your daughters trips?;)

Better than what the government might have done with it. You should just check and see if the IRS will let you pay Pete direct.

I think a graduated flat tax could fly but I don't know if it ever will...

I'm a big proponent of the Fair Tax - 23% sales tax across the board.

www.fairtax.org

I owed the gubment about a grand this year, but its because I'm an idiot, not because my taxes went up. :)

Ah, April 15. The day extensions to file are due.:blush:

Can someone explain to me why I'm still doing my kids (aged 30, 28, 24) taxes for free? :anonymous:

Ah, April 15. The day extensions to file are due.:blush:

Can someone explain to me why I'm still doing my kids (aged 30, 28, 24) taxes for free? :anonymous:

I do the same thing, my kids are 20 & 27.

Oh, and just in case any of you were considering renouncing your citizenship:
Forbes said:
What if you pack your bags now? For those who expatriate after June 16, 2008, the rules are different, since Internal Revenue Code Section 877A applies instead of Section 877. You are subject to an immediate exit tax, which deems you (for tax purposes) to have sold all of your worldwide property for its fair market value the day before your departure from the U.S.
So much for that plan. :)

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/23/ex...e-robert-wood.html?boxes=financechannellatest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.