• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Receiver wins reality show -- and job on Cowboys

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Receiver wins reality show -- and job on Cowboys

On one hand I remember the guy who played for the Eagles years ago after open try outs and I think it was a great story. On the other hand, that was 3 decades ago and we all know that scouting has come so far that it is tough to turn a guy up out of thin air.

It will be interesting to see if this guy has anything or if the Boys are blowing a roster spot on pub.

It will be interesting whether or not personality came into play here or if there is genuine talent.

Well, I personally liked the other WR that was left. He had better hands and was more consistent but lacked height.

The guy who won fits Irvin.......taller, big ego, good hands, decent speed. But there were times the guy looked inconsistent and I question his route running ability and his hunger for the game.

I wonder when he'll get cut, probably in the second group of cuts to get to 53.

I can't say I ever watched that show, so I really don't know if the guy that won is NFL material. It will be interesting to see if he actually makes the team.

Didn't watch the show, but I figured it would be a WR that would win since Irvin was the judge and the Cowboys are desperate to find someone, anyone to replace T.O.

Goodell should have never allowed this.. It will turn the entire league into a gd reality show. A real damn shame somebody who will bust their tail to make an NFL team won't because of some stupid ass tv show. IMO of course. I guess thats what they get for trying out for the pukes anyway though... :)

For publicity sake and to justify the show, he will make it through the first 2 preseason games seeing a decent amount of action, probably more than he deserves.

That said, unless he completely surprises and stands out, I can't envision him playing when it counts in the 3rd preseason game.

HHM- Do Cowboy fans ever tire of their team being in the spotlight in these ways?

HHM- Do Cowboy fans ever tire of their team being in the spotlight in these ways?

Yes - we do. Well, let me rephrase, I do. I tend to not associate myself with the majority of Dallas fans because as we know, the majority of Dallas fans are frontrunning, clueless, johnny-come-latelys.

They took all the right steps this offseason in getting away from the excessive media coverage - cutting T.O. and Pacman, and letting Tank walk, not doing another year of "Hard Knocks".

Then JJ goes and does this. I'm not surprised in the least as Jones has to keep the spotlight on him some capacity at all times. I thought the new Stadium would be enough, but apparently not.

That said, he is very loyal to Irvin and smart money says Irvin was the driving force behind because, as we know, he is one of the biggest media whores in the business.

At the end of the day, if this is the biggest "media distraction" this offseason and preseason, I can deal with it considering what I've seen the last few seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.