• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Jason Campbell may take more time to evaluate situation, sources sa

BGO

Although the Redskins expect quarterback Jason Campbell to sign his tender offer as early as today, the quarterback now might take some more time while continuing to evaluate his difficult situation, two people familiar with the process said late Sunday night. The Redskins last week made preparations for Campbell to sign the one-year, $3.14-million contract, the sources said, and Campbell intended to do so. But Campbell actually has until Thursday to sign the tender, which is the last day restricted free agents can sign offer sheets with other teams. Coach Mike Shanahan granted permission for Campbell's agent, Joel Segal, to continue to seek trades after the deadline to sign Campbell, whom Shanahan has said the team has no plans to release. From a lot of email I've received from Insider readers, it seems the public perception is the Redskins have been good to Campbell in permitting him to search for

seg

More...

So it appears that absent interest from a team before then, the next chance to unload him will be during the draft? Why? Can we assume that means as a package deal with or for picks?

Last edited:
There are so many of these QBs available in the second round, that I just don't see anyone racing to trade us a high draft pick for JC.

Take a shot on a young second rounder in the draft, or bring a JC over whose career is halfway over?

Everyone is keeping their powder dry for now. It's only a matter of time before some other teams realize that their future "franchise QB" isn't panning out or someone gets injured.

At the very worst, we have an adaquate QB on the bench in case McNAbb gets hit

Had the Skins cut him loose on the eve of Free Agency he would have a team by now. As it is, we are close enough to the draft that teams figure they can wait, see what falls to them there, then work it out. I'm thinking a lot depends on what happens with Clausen.

Releasing JC, IMO, is not even an option. they will need to wait this thing out until some one comes calling with a 4th rounder.

I can see Oakland and Buffalo being the best options for him. Hopefully one of them gives us something decent, at least a 4th.

I see him going to Oakland IMO......they really don't have much there.

You mean outside of JaMarcus, right? :)

I think you could possibly add Jax to that list. Garrard is very hit and miss apparently, I've read they might want to upgrade.

Had McDaniels not rejected JC last year, I would also say Denver could work.

There are actually a decent number of teams out there who could use either a stop-gap solution, or someone to mentor a younger QB for a year or so. The NFL is going to have to get used to the fact that we're not the same Skins, which is refreshing. If we can't get a good enough pick for him, I expect Shanahan to hang onto him for a year and let him ride the pine as insurance for McNabb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.