• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Westbrook

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Westbrook_Eyes_Next_Step_43607.jsp

Every time something is written about Byron Westbrook, there is usually a mention that he is the brother of Brian Westbrook.

For example, when the Redskins play the Philadelphia Eagles, Byron usually becomes a focus that week because he mimics Brian--a Pro Bowl running back for the Eagles--on the scout team during practice.

Two years in that role, two years on the Redskins’ practice squad, and now Byron knows he must establish himself in the NFL, apart from his brother.

He does not mind that his NFL tenure is seemingly connected to Brian, though.

CLICK LINK FOR REST OF ARTICLE

I have never been impressed with Westbrook.He didn't show much as a coverman and was a disaster on kick returns.

Time to move on in my opinion.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Have to agree, BD. I'm still waiting for that first "oh so that's why they've kept him" moment on the field. Until I see something from him between the lines, all I can figure is they're keeping him as a practice body and for whatever inside intel he still might be able to provide on his Redskins-killer brother twice a year.

Yeah but I feel the same way about Tryon too. I still can't figure out why they kept either Westbrook or Tryon over Richardson last year when, at least to this non-coach, Richardson clearly had the best pre-season of the the three.

*shrug*

But hey, what do I know right? I think I know but...

Last edited:
I liked Richardson also and he looked much better than those guys and Torrance. Maybe the coaches saw something else that I didn't at practice or in game film.

Westbrook has been around for more than 2 years. Tryon was a 2008 draft pick. As such we should be seeing a bit more out of Westbrook at this point after being in the system with the defensive playbook. Tryon has to prove himself as well, but again Westbrook has had a LOT more time to become comfortable and show something to the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.