• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Rick Snider Report: Sports talk wars begin

BGO

WJFK became 106.7 The Fan today and they were pretty good. Good enough to give ESPN 980 some trouble. My Washington Examiner column today discusses the impact LaVar Arrington will have with his late afternoon show. Frankly, I was surprised how good he was. I knew LaVar was a charismatic person from the years I covered [...]

More...

lets see:

Junks vs Mikes -
Junkies hands down. Funnier, more hip, better banter, interesting guests and they crossover from sports into anything and everything. I hate how espn forces these guys down our throats -- when I tuned into all-star game coverage last week, there they were, coaching. Coaching, really?

Wise vs Cowherd -
Wise by default. Cowherd is just horrible.

Wise vs Sheehan -
For now, even. Mike is still finding his rhythm, but I get the sense he will be relevant and entertaining. Kevin is knowledgeable, but he needs a sounding board. I'm surprised Sterno doesn't chime in more.

LaVar vs Coach & Doc -
This is where I'll be flipping the dial. I really like Walker's passion for all sports, not just the Redskins. LaVar is fresh; he will give us the player perspective whether we agree with it or not.

LaVar vs Pollin/ Czabe -
Going with LaVar for now. Czabe makes me laugh when he comes at you from left field, but Pollin is stale and tired.

Bottom line, nice to hear a LOCAL alternative to 980. So far, the big winner is the listener.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.