• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Haynesworth may want to get out, but will he pay back money to do s

Jimbo--I'd say college football is pretty much a full time job, even the athletes where I went to school which had D-1 and D-1AA for football, the athletes were training just about year 'round.

I can't imagine that on the pro-level that they could reasonably expect anything else.

When you make more money than 95% of the NFl why would you do something that u don't won't to do...I personally feel like he is not a team player and is also trying to show Shanahan that he really does not have to answer to anyone....so trade ol fat AL...but who Detroit ?

I wonder if some of these star players are gaming the system:

1 Sign big contract with guaranteed money up front.
2 Collect guaranteed money
3 Complain about coaches
4 Become locker room cancer
5 Get cut and become free agent
6 Rinse and repeat

I wonder if some of these star players are gaming the system:

1 Sign big contract with guaranteed money up front.
2 Collect guaranteed money
3 Complain about coaches
4 Become locker room cancer
5 Get cut and become free agent
6 Rinse and repeat

Hmmm...that might make keeping an eye on how Peppers does with the Bears this season interesting, one of the complaints among Panthers' fans was his inconsistency last season-there for a game or two and then suddenly his effort seemed to dwindle down to nearly nothing. Alaskan, I hope you haven't spotted a trend here. :halo:

This is becoming close to being a full time business. In the old days, players would have offseason jobs to support their income and didn't have time to train year round. Nowadays, guys make millions a year. Even UDFA's make three times as much as I do. There is really no good reason to NOT work at football all year. The new CBA should specify that a team has the right to your services from March 31 (or perhaps earlier) until your team's season ends. That's still WAY more vacation than I get per year. Until that time, we're gonna have to put up with all this stuff about guys working out on their own and taking this "voluntary" thing literally.

Right now, I don't have a problem with Haynesworth working with his own trainer but you have to be an idiot to not show up at a minicamp, an extra one granted by the league for a new HC, where things like offensive and defensive strategies can be installed.

look...I lean toward your sentiments.....but a couple thoughts:

1) The contract was written for a reason with "voluntary" inserted

2) We really don't know what is going on behind the scenes. SO..yea...you want him at the first mini - but how much is really accomplished in 3 days and what's to say he isn't absorbing the needed information anyway?

My main problem with AH's action is that it..potentially....disrupts the bonding that is integral to team building. but as we have observed in the past...great players (e.g., ST) can forego these things and do just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.