• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Some tidbits on players to be gained or traded

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&rwr=1

Flozell Adams-T- Cowboys Apr. 6 - 7:46 pm et

Redskins GM Bruce Allen revealed that the team has contacted the player rep for free agent OT Flozell Adams.

The Redskins don't have a serious left tackle candidate on their current roster. Should they draft Oklahoma's Russell Okung at No. 4 overall, they could move Adams to right tackle in place of underwhelming Stephon Heyer.

Albert Haynesworth-DL- Redskins

Updating a previous item, NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora reports league sources believe the Titans would be interested in bringing back Albert Haynesworth "at the right price."

The key to any Haynesworth deal is money. The Skins just paid him a $21M bonus, and they'll want any trade partner to kick back a good portion of that loot. Per LaCanfora, Haynesworth has a "strained relationship" with many teammates, and Mike Shanahan wants to deal him before the draft to improve the culture at Redskins Park. The Skins are also "strongly interested" in an Adam Carriker/Haynesworth swap with St. Louis. The Washington Post adds the Lions, Bucs, and Jags as possible destinations.
Source: NFL.com

Donovan McNabb-QB- Redskins Apr. 6 - 4:17 pm et

Donovan McNabb wants to play at least four more years, according to SI.com's Peter King.

It's a reasonable goal. Andy Reid relied on McNabb's legs in the running game, whereas Mike Shanahan will use his mobility to get him out of pocket as a passer. Shanny also uses the ground game as a much bigger part of his offense, so the balance should help extend McNabb's career.

That all sounds fairly interesting. I'm good with bringing in Flozell to have a look and if they think he can help, then sign him to a similar contract like Johnson and Parker.

I'm almost to the point of getting rid of Albert at any cost. If he has "strained relationships" with some of the players as well as the coaches, then he's got to go. I just hope we get something in return.

I was wondering if we were going ot bring in Adams. He's a friggin' statue anymore, and I don't like his style, meaning dirty play. But as a right tackle he could do for a year.

I'd like to see Shanny put a foot up Fat Al's ass, but if his attitude is as ****ty as is being reported, it's evident he's trying to get out of town. I say help him and get some linemen in trade

..I'd like to see Shanny put a foot up Fat Al's ass, but if his attitude is as ****ty as is being reported, it's evident he's trying to get out of town. I say help him and get some linemen in trade

I agree that we should dump his attitude if we can get some adequate compensation. But I think the D-line needs to be addressed if that is the case. Like him or not his presence was a large part of our defensive success last year.

Adams is not even a band aid LT. He was a liability last year and why he was cut. Probably would be better than Heyer at RT.

Haynesworth seems to have pissed off the wrong Coach. I'm willing to bet that other guys on the team are taking notice.

I agree that we should dump his attitude if we can get some adequate compensation. But I think the D-line needs to be addressed if that is the case. Like him or not his presence was a large part of our defensive success last year.

Make no mistake, I LOVED him when he was on the field. He was a major force. I just didn't care for him sucking wind every third play, or lying on the ground in fake agony only to return with no issues three plays later, or taking himself out in critical situations

I would love to have him here, but the drama queen act needs to go

It would be a huge mistake to trade him to either Tampa or Detroit - they would then draft Okung instead of McCoy or Suh (depending on who we traded with), and we would miss out on an elite LT prospect. Hopefully the St. Louis thing works out.

It would be a huge mistake to trade him to either Tampa or Detroit - they would then draft Okung instead of McCoy or Suh (depending on who we traded with), and we would miss out on an elite LT prospect. Hopefully the St. Louis thing works out.

Brian Bulaga is an elite Tackle. If he waited til next year to come out he would probably have gone in the 1st 3 picks. I know it was only one game and I have said it a few times but the way he manhandled Derrick Morgan (a possible top 15 pick) in the Orange Bowl was stellar, plus they ran a ZBS at Iowa. Is he Russell Okung? I don't know, but I have a feeling he is the sleeper in this draft.

Brian Bulaga is an elite Tackle. If he waited til next year to come out he would probably have gone in the 1st 3 picks. I know it was only one game and I have said it a few times but the way he manhandled Derrick Morgan (a possible top 15 pick) in the Orange Bowl was stellar, plus they ran a ZBS at Iowa. Is he Russell Okung? I don't know, but I have a feeling he is the sleeper in this draft.

Are you sure it was the Orange Bowl? I looked it up, and according to ESPN, Morgan didn't play in that game:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232238

EDIT: Which is clearly incorrect, because there are youtube videos of the battles between Morgan and Bulaga, lol. ESPN is more of a joke every day.

EDIT 2: I just noticed they have him listed as a CB also. WTF?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert Haynesworth-DL- Redskins Apr. 9 - 2:58 pm et

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan dismissed the Albert Haynesworth trade talk as "just speculation" during an interview on Friday.

"There is nothing to clarify," added Shanahan. "No, we're not going to trade him at all, unless someone gives us something we would have to consider -- that's pretty standard with any player. He's really talented. I think I can get that out of him." Shanahan is the king of misinformation, so we'll believe Haynesworth isn't on the trade block when he's suited up for Week 1.
Source: AOL NFL Fanhouse
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&rwr=1

I can understand why folks, including the media, would consider Haynesworth trade bate at this point.

However, living in Dallas and watching Jay Ratliff play NT every week, I can't get how anyone, Albert included, can't see that he could be a monster in the middle. I understand that the traditional role of the NT in the 3-4 is to be a space eater and occupy blockers so others can make plays but Ratliff is anything but that. He is a play maker. If he can do it, the idea of Albert coming from there should excite the Skins (and Albert) and scare the crap out of the opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.