• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth on the move ?

CarolinaSkin43

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
:toilet:reported on the NFL network that Haynesworth was offered to the eagles before the deal got done and Reid turned it down...and they also said the Redskins have been shopping Haynesworth because he does not wont to play nose but they highly doubt the Redskins being able to move him... so where do we stand if he don't want to play in the new system and they can't nove him

I just find it hard to believe that any team will take on Haynesworth's contract. I still think he could be solid for us as a DE in a 3-4 but I certainly understand why we are thinking about dealing him.

Well so far Haynesworth has made it obvious that he's not interested in going along with the team program, i.e. by his training on his own. So I imagine Shanahan was sending him a message by offering him up in the trade.

He'll either get the message or not. I think it would be tough to trade him with that ridiculous contract and I wouldn't put it past Shanahan/Allen to tell him to hit the road and we'll eat the $21 million.

Stranger things have already happened this year.

Tampa Bay wanted him before and supposedly offered as much money as the Skins. Since we've already paid him for last season, in addition to a huge chunk of his signing bonus, he won't be nearly as expensive to whoever we trade him to.

Still, I'd prefer to keep him. We traded for McNabb so we're in a win-now mode. Trading him in order to switch to a 3-4 THIS year, when we don't have the personnel to effectively run it, doesn't make sense. Let's run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid with Haynesworth playing DT/DE until we get who we need for a 3-4. If we switch now, our Defense could suffer growing pains to the point where our Offense, no matter how effective, would continuously be playing catch-up.

So I imagine Shanahan was sending him a message by offering him up in the trade.

He'll either get the message or not.

Seems like Shanahan is sending a lot of messages. This one, the one sent to Portis, Landry, and hell every other underperforming player. Given the cuts made it would appear that everyone is on notice.

This sort of tactic can be very effective. And I hope it is. However, it could also blow up in his face. If does, there is going to have to be further house cleaning after the season.

Seems like Shanahan is sending a lot of messages. This one, the one sent to Portis, Landry, and hell every other underperforming player. Given the cuts made it would appear that everyone is on notice.

This sort of tactic can be very effective. And I hope it is. However, it could also blow up in his face. If does, there is going to have to be further house cleaning after the season.

It could, but I doubt it. To get to this level, most of these guys are ultra competitive. Sure, almost all of the sulk at the beginning and are disgruntled for a bit. But once TC and preseason start, they will see skill sets the newbies bring to the table, and will (hopefully) kick it into high gear and play harder than they've played in years to win.

Those that don't respond that way? Screw 'em. Don't really want 'em on my team, and pretty sure neither does Shanahan.

I don't want to see him go, I just want to see him get an attitude adjustment. He's getting paid a lot of money to lay on the ground, and I'd like to see him actually earn his keep

I don't want to see him go, I just want to see him get an attitude adjustment. He's getting paid a lot of money to lay on the ground, and I'd like to see him actually earn his keep

I agree, I don't want him to go either. I want him to shape up and fly right.
If he doesn't though, he needs to go.

That this is a story at all tells me one thing: There's a new sheriff in town.

i think an interesting trade partner would be baltimore.

would you take gaither and the ravens 3rd for fat al?

I read on some site (I forget which) that some sources are talking about the possibility of trading AH back to the Titans. We'll see.

If this guy gets out after one year, having made over $2 million per game, and then signs another huge deal with some other team, this will go down as the greatest heist in NFL history.

On this topic-I'll show my "Post of the week" in a Jacksonville Jaguars forum on the topic of us shopping Haynesworth around.

...a lazy Haynesworth is still one of the best DTs in this league. I'll take a lazy Haynesworth over a motivated anything that we have in the middle.

Uh, these guys have any influence with the Jags FO, I wonder? :)

In a way, Haynesworth epitomizes the Redskins of the past 10 years; big splash, way overpaid free agent signing. It would be fitting IMO to ship him somewhere else, but as others have said, I just don't see it happening. We'd probably want a 1st or early 2nd for him, and I just don't see a lot of teams giving that up.

I would take a #2 pick for Haynesworth at this point.

I wonder if we could 'steal' the Raiders pick at #8 with a combo deal for Haynesworth and Campbell? :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Bulldog, if we could con that kind of a deal out of Ancient Al, the entire Raider fan base would be petitioning for power of attorney. :eek:

Well Ancient Al did trade us Jim Lachey for Jay Schroeder. Anything is possible.

I cannot believe that this guy might be on the verge of being the biggest bust in team history. It's difficult to say if his huge dropoff in production last year was due to terrible coaching and new surroundings, or if it stemmed from pure laziness. Or more likely, a combination of the two.

They need to get this turned around fast.

I would hope that the signing of McNabb and our new coaching staff would inspire him, but it's pretty pathetic that someone with that type of salary needs any further inspiration to perform.

Last edited:
I heard all kinds of stuff on 106.7 onthe way home. Seems Fat Al is now much easier to trade since the danny has paid his $21 million guaranteed money. The rest of his contract looks reasonable now.

I'd love to see what Butterworth's attitude is right now. If he's in the same "Conditioning Program" now that he was in last year, I say ship his ass out for some O linemen

It wouldn't shock me at all if Allen is working a deal for him

they said on the NFL network that sources tell them the Redskins aren't done some more moves may be coming?..Anything ..What about Haynesworth for Brandon Marshall.??..would that be a good trade...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.