• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Donovan McNabb is headed to the Washington Redskins

BGO

So much for the Washington Redskins' quiet offseason.In an insanely gutsy move, the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Donovan McNabb to the Redskins, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. This is no belated April Fool's joke.The compensation of the deal...

More...

JasonLaCanfora says Redskins get McNabb from Eagles for 37th overall pick plus a 3rd or 4th round pick, based on performance. Full story on NFL Net and NFL.com

PFT reporting this is a done deal. We should know shortly if that's the case.

I think I'm going to have to re-write today's blog :)

If true, I'm not thrilled - McNabb is a talented QB, but his cry-baby diva act wore on me and I'm not an Eagles fan. Having to swallow hard and root for the guy, when I have little respect for him overall, it ain't going to be easy.

john_keim says Jason Campbell was not told of the trade beforehand. Did not know about it until I called him. "That's the first I heard of it." #Redskins

thought i heard deal would include a 2nd rounder. temptation was too much for shanny/allen.

For those so excited with what Shanahan and Allen have done so far: Does this move make you SYH???

I'm not a McNabb fan. I just don't like the guy - he strikes me as a diva and a cry-baby and he couldn't get Philly over the hump, so I'm skeptical he'll do it here. That being said, he's automatically upgraded our offense at that spot. Good luck Campbell - the grand experiment is finally over.

I'm going to have a hard time rooting for McChunky. Guess I better get right with Jesus though as it looks like this is for real.

Wow.

not a big fan of this move but I wanted a real QB ...just not a old one...maybe we draft one anyway... to groom ... i'm thinking Tebow...??? not sure but Allen is doing what his dad did geting a whole lot of veterans ...remember the over the hill gang... George Allen.

Well - my blog today was exactly right. Shanahan needed a QB now. He just went about in a way I never saw coming.

Got to be one of the most surprising Skins moves ever.

Can't wait to see him throw it in the dirt on 3rd and 8.

All I can do is hope this is part of a grander plan to pawn him off on some other team so we can wheel and deal up or down the draftboard.

We need to look at this differently.

If Philly was going to trade a QB to the Skins........at least it wasnt Vick.

bruce wasn't kidding - the future really is now. so much for rebuilding...

Word is Campbell had no idea it was coming. Gotta wonder if he's on the roster this year with this move. I think we could see him gone very soon, and Grossman our backup. Who'd have called that lineup going into this?

I guess, if nothing else, a 2nd round this year (and a 3rd or 4th next year) is bargain basement pricing given our usual over-reaches. Not to minimize that cost, but for a QB of McNabbs skills (age, attitude, etc...notwithstanding), that doesn't strike me as an exhorbitant cost.

I'm stunned the Eagles would trade him to a division rival though. That just really surprises me.

Word is Campbell had no idea it was coming. Gotta wonder if he's on the roster this year with this move. I think we could see him gone very soon, and Grossman our backup. Who'd have called that lineup going into this?

Good call. Can we get a 3rd or 4th for him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.