• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Donovan McNabb is headed to the Washington Redskins

raider buzz now turning towards jason...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/373409-could-jason-campbell-be-wearing-silver-black-next-year

With the recently announced trade of Donovan McNabb to the Redskins for a 2nd round pick, Jason Campbell is going to become available for at worst a 3rd round if not 4th round pick.

I'm shocked and surprised about this trade, but overall it's probably best for the Raiders because McNabb is an injury waiting to happen. I could see the Raiders trading for Campbell and putting him into the mix.

Jason Campbell should be relatively cheap and would be a good pickup. He's 6'5 230 lbs and would be an upgrade over Bruce Gradkowski and would have a good chance at becoming the starter.

For a 3rd or 4th round pick, Campbell would definitely be worth it.

Overall I'm very happy for McNabb because next season McNabb has a chance of helping Washington unseat Philly if he can stay relatively healthy for most of the season. McNabb's getting shafted for being old. The guy's put in his life for the franchise and when he's getting old but still productive they give him away while he's still worth something. Philly deserves to be behind the Redskins in the NFC East standings because of this trade...

remember in the 60's we got Sonny for Snead from the Eagles....why would the Eagles trade McNabe to a NFC east rival....just not sure about this move...like I said in another poat it would not surprise me if we drafted Eric Berry at #4 ....

I guess, if nothing else, a 2nd round this year (and a 3rd or 4th next year) is bargain basement pricing given our usual over-reaches. Not to minimize that cost, but for a QB of McNabbs skills (age, attitude, etc...notwithstanding), that doesn't strike me as an exhorbitant cost.

I'm stunned the Eagles would trade him to a division rival though. That just really surprises me.

Kinda speaks volumes about how much the eagles value him anymore.

This stinks. He's one of those guys in the league I heavily dislike as unfair as that may be. Oh well, here's to hoping this is all in the effort to make it a stop gap year and next year guys like D.M. will be gone.

i like it for 2 reasons....

1> the rams have a pick we want

2> we now have a qb they showed interest in.

if the rams dont want to give us the qb we want for cheap...we will start a pro ball qb and go from there.

win / win from my stand point. i would MUCH rather what ever young QB we have watching mceagle from the sidelines than JC....

initial reaction from dallas media...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/tag/_/name/donovan-mcnabb

Split opinons on Donovan McNabb deal
By Calvin Watkins
Had a chat with Tim MacMahon, our ESPNDallas blogger, and a Cowboys scout and this is our quick opinion on the Philadelphia Eagles sending Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins on Sunday night.

Tim: "I think it makes the NFC East tougher for the Cowboys. The one weak link now has a legit quarterback and Kevin Kolb will be just fine for the Eagles. Kolb will be for Philly like Aaron Rodgers will be for Green Bay whe Brett Favre retired."

Calvin: "It makes the Eagles weaker and the Redskins older. McNabb doesn't have anybody to throw to in D.C., much like it was in Philly all those years. If he stayed in Philly he had Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson. The Redskins have some old running backs and some unproven wide receivers. At least the Redskins didn't give up a first rounder."

Cowboys scout on the trade: "Hard to tell right now. It's a new coach but McNabb has the tools that John Elway had when he won Super Bowls in Denver. More experience and some big wide receivers with a coach that likes to run the ball, might help them.

Merged (sorry Blondie) so we can consolidate all commentary to one thread.

i like it for 2 reasons....

1> the rams have a pick we want

2> we now have a qb they showed interest in.

if the rams dont want to give us the qb we want for cheap...we will start a pro ball qb and go from there.

win / win from my stand point. i would MUCH rather what ever young QB we have watching mceagle from the sidelines than JC....

True - but if the Rams were truly interested in McNabb vs. selecting Bradford, seems like at that price, they'd simply have made the deal. I have a hard time imagining this is part of some multi-tier arrangement. But hell, I didn't see this coming either, so who knows :)

Is it at all possible that the Skins would redeal McNabb somewhere else for compensation?

If not, I'm floored. I know there was talk of this on NFLN and CBS Sportsline earlier this weekend and after signing both Johnson and Parker my thoughts were "anything's possible." I've been a Skins fan for close to 40 years, and this one is going to be tough to stomach. This is not Deion coming here after five seasons in Dallas......this is someone who has been the face of a hated rival's franchise for 11 seasons. I'm so conflicted right now.

True - but if the Rams were truly interested in McNabb vs. selecting Bradford, seems like at that price, they'd simply have made the deal. I have a hard time imagining this is part of some multi-tier arrangement. But hell, I didn't see this coming either, so who knows :)

so we end up with a young qb we didnt see coming...who would you rather groom him for the next years or 2...donovan or JC?!?

and in the mean time...if shanny happens to pull a SB outta his arse, i certainly wouldnt mind that!

just think of the fun you can have with your fecal friends! :blush:

mugs - maybe i'm just tired, but did you mean 'fecal' or 'fickle'?

For some reason that makes sense only to me, I would rather suck with Campbell than suck with McNabb.

I'd be willing to bet when Redskins travel to Philly the game will be in primetime.

Couple threads ago we discussed "what it" McNabb to Redskins?

Jason will be in a different uniform this year. Have a feeling Shanahan wasn't impressed with him.

McNabb is in final year of contract. Will be interesting to see if we do an extension. This will determine if we go with a Teebow or McCoy to learn under him.

Guess Okung is on his way to DC.

This just has to be a precursor move.

Doesn't it?

Those those of you that were Mods at ES...aren't you glad you aren't tonight!

I'm shocked at the move and torn about it. I can only think that, first it solidifies Okung at #4 and second, they must have something working with Campbell as far as a trade goes.

I've loved to hate McNabb in the past, because he was an Eagle. Now I gotta learn to love him? I'm not sure about all this.

Rigg44...is ES that bad...never really been there and posted what makes it so bad???

i don't like this move at all.

if we end up keeping mcnabb, we have an old qb that, while an upgrade over JC, hasn't been able to get a more talented eagles team over the hump. plus we gave away a 2nd in a super-deep draft. we have to go oline with the 4th pick now, but we do not get a young gun to groom for the future. we'll likely be a middle of the pack team and not in a position to get a stud qb next year either.

if we end up trading mcnabb to st louis for the 1 pick, we get the young gun that we need for the future, but we don't get a 2nd round tackle to help protect him. i would have rather stayed at 4, draft clausen (assuming that the brain trust wants a qb at 4) and then get someone to keep him safe.

no bueno. muy no bueno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.