• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Springtime in DC

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I just wanted to post a couple of photos for you guys who cannot make it to DC this time of year.

Last edited:
Awesome - thanks for sharing - did you take those yourself?

I miss DC. Not the traffic or the volume of people, but the feel of the place. I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler when I was 17, on a day when it looked JUST like that. I actually befriended a woman who ran Duke's botanical gardens about 10 years ago, who somehow had managed to get seeds from the very batch of Yoshino cherry trees Japan gave to us. I had no luck getting to grow.

Thanks again for sharing - beautiful...

Boone, I did take these. I was permitted to use the fixed 14mm (Fisheye) lens from work. That is how I got the wide angle shots. Unfortunately, the company's Nikon D3 was in the shop and I was unable to acquiesce a D300 from them since we are preparing for the busy season and they are keeping strict access to the stock. I used my D70 for these shots.

Very very nice :cheers: Especially love the one with the Jefferson Memorial and the reflections on the water.. you got skillz

Ahh, so you're one of theg hoards that stand in the middle of the street and delay my commuter bus by 30-45 minutes nowadays, huh?;)

BTW, great pictures bud!

Ahh, so you're one of theg hoards that stand in the middle of the street and delay my commuter bus by 30-45 minutes nowadays, huh?;)

BTW, great pictures bud!

I have been known to step out in the middle of the street to get a good shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.