• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins pick up Willie Parker

BGO

The Washington Redskins are about to add another running back to their already crowded backfield.Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the Redskins reached an agreement with free agent running back Willie Parker. According to Schefter, it's a one-year contract...

More...

I'm loving it. Portis is going to need therapy and a full-time personal masseuse to easy his bruised ego. Poor fella....

First we got us a Johnson.
Now we got us a Willie.

I shudder to think who may be next...:paranoid:

LOL @ Boone.

I think Shanahan is motivating Portis with bodies. Likely he is planning on Clinton being the man but knows that if Clinton knows that he can't the best out of him. It is expensive motivation but I'm guessing it works for a year, at least (assuming they get the line fixed cause if they don't it wouldn't matter if we had Jim Brown circa 1963 running the ball).

I still like the fact at how cheap we are getting these RBs. While I think all of these guys are on the team for the 2010 season, I wouldn't be surprised if none of these guys were with the Redskins in 2011.

does Willie still have the break away speed.....? not so sure but I guess we have to have back-ups for the back-ups......We need young legsParker is the youngest am I right 29...

i kinda like the name of our previous backfield....porta-john............ i guess now it can be Willies porta-john?

Now all we need is Brian Westbrook and the backfield will be complete. Instead of the Four Horsemen, we'd have the Four Nags. :D

Stunning, nothing less. If it works I guess it's a great move. Our FO has been so grossly inept for so long that it's tough as a Skins fan to have a healthy perspective. At this point it's blind trust in the new regime and while I willingly go that route, some of these moves sure have me scratching my head. I'm STILL trying to wrap my head around the TE signing.

I think the other thing that's somewhat gotten lost in the RB conversation is that Portis had what easily could have been a career-ending concussion to end his 2009 season. He has yet to play a down since then. While we expect to see him this year, there is absolutely no guarantee he doesn't take a hard shot (because he's GOING to take hard shots) and be done, either for the season or forever. It could happen in pre-season given his history.

That happens, we're going to be thrilled with these moves, and while part of me sees Shanahan trying to light a major fire under his starter's ass here, the other part remembers these RB additions may have other concerns driving them - #1, Portis' health.

My guess is that we'll still go out and get some young legs.

I don't think this is about finding a running back per se, rather what I think the coaches might be asking themselves is which of these guys can catch the ball out of the backfield and make himself the most useful running, blocking, and catching on passing downs.

well this should be interesting to say the least.

I can say it is safe to assume we arent going to get a RB in the draft?

Given the numbere of holes we have to fill and the limited number of draft choices, maybe they decided to just find 1-2 year guys at RB. We may end up with a rookie RB on the roster but I'm willing to bet it is an UDFA.

Last edited:
I was out of media range all day yesterday and JUST read about Parker. You know what jumped into my head the instant I read it? That maybe I feel a draft day trade involving Portis coming.

Whaddya all think?

HTTR

I was out of media range all day yesterday and JUST read about Parker. You know what jumped into my head the instant I read it? That maybe I feel a draft day trade involving Portis coming.

Whaddya all think?

HTTR
Certainly possible, but at this point of is career, I can't imagine who'd want Portis and his guaranteed contract.

Whaddya all think?

HTTR

IF it happened, I would think Portis would be as part of package trade and I'm not sure how that guaranteed money would be handled. Would the Skins be on the hook for that money or would the team he's traded to owe it to him.

If the Skins had to pay it no matter what, Danny might just right him a check and say "Thanks for the memories" and off he goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.