• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Poll-trade down Trent Williams in the first

who do we pick with our first pick in second round-trade down scenerio

• Terrence Cody DT Alabama

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Regus Benn WR Illinois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jared Odrick DT Penn State

• Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

• Charles Brown OT Southern California

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Colt McCoy QB Texas

• Ricky Sapp, DE, Clemson

• Tim Tebow QB Florida

• Jahvid Best RB California

• Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech

• Total voters

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think our second round picks will be very interesting. In the trade down there is also another pick at 47; some of these players may be available then.

Terrence Cody DT Alabama *
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Nick Saban chuckled when talking about the ever-shrinking Terrence Cody.
The former Alabama nose guard, who tipped the scales at 370 pounds less than two months ago at the Senior Bowl, weighed in at 348 pounds Wednesday at the Alabama pro day.
“I’d take 348,” Saban said, “because in my mind, I knew he’d never get there. So I was real happy to see him get there today.”
Cody was listed at 354 pounds on the roster this past season after peaking at more than 400 while in junior college. Now he lists himself among the top options in the NFL draft, even if most projections are a little less optimistic.
“I am thinking first round, somewhere very high,” Cody said. “Probably the top 10 or top 15. I feel like I kind of shocked a lot of people today.”
Recent mock drafts had Cody slipping as low as the second round after his overweight performance at the Senior Bowl.
The hulking lineman was one of 18 draft-eligible former Alabama players who participated in the tryout attended by all 32 NFL franchises, including head coaches Rex Ryan (New York Jets), Tom Coughlin (New York Giants) and John Fox (Carolina Panthers).
Cody no doubt is among the risers in the Tide crop, along with cornerback Kareem Jackson. The junior is now a potential first-round pick, even though he didn’t run in Wednesday’s workout.
After a huge NFL combine, he didn’t need to. Jackson clocked a 4.48 in the 40-yard dash earlier this month in Indianapolis.
The fact that his speed is the attribute credited for his rising stock is funny to Jackson, a solid cover corner who started all but one game as a freshman before developing into the less recognized but still impressive cornerback playing along side the flashy Javier Arenas.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/03/11/1047114/alabama-football-terrence-cody.html

Regus Benn WR Illinois
Benn is a big receiver with above average speed that can be equally effective catching the ball underneath and in traffic or on the deep seam routes. He has good ball skills as well as leaping ability which allows him to go up and high point his catches when in traffic. He will struggle to track and adjust to deep balls that are thrown off target. He is a little stiff in his hips and tends to telegraph his cuts to defenders but shows a good burst coming out of his break. He needs to refine his route running and setting defenders up but has enough talent to be a threat as a team’s second receiver.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/regus-benn?id=497270

Jared Odrick DT Penn State
1. A high school All-American, Odrick idled until his junior season when he began to realize his potential. He's considered one of the top defensive line prospects in the 2010 draft.
As a true freshman in 2006, Odrick played in 12 games but made only four tackles and a sack. He cracked the starting lineup as a sophomore and posted 16 tackles and two sacks in eight games before losing time to a broken left hand and the season to a dislocated right ankle.
Odrick put on a first-team All-Big Ten performance in 2008. He had 41 tackles with 9.5 tackles for loss, including 4.5 sacks. Most of his damage that season came down the stretch, portending his All-American and Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year performance in 2009 (43 tackles, 11 for loss, seven sacks).
Odrick displayed better effort and consistency as a senior. His strength and athleticism makes him an intriguing tackle prospect. With the premium NFL scouts put on defensive linemen, it would be surprising to him still on the board after the top 40 picks.

Analysis
Pass rush: Has good height, strength, agility and length to be a consistent penetrator. Bowled over many college linemen with his bull rush and seems to be in motion with the snap of the ball. Has some shiftiness and is able to penetrate with a swim or an inside-out move when blocked one-on-one. Uses his hands to discard linemen. Disrupts passing lanes with his long arms and big hands, keeping his eyes in the backfield. Can accelerate to the quarterback after initial contact but does not have elite quickness or change-of-direction ability to come back and make the sack or chase down plays in the backfield.
Run defense: Usually holds his ground inside or pushes back against double-teams. Disengages from blocks to get back into the play and has made stops four or five yards downfield. Not quick enough laterally, but uses his strength to move down the line while engaged on stretch plays. Must be more aware of protecting his knees from cut blocks.
Explosion: Good quickness and pop off the snap. Able to knock his man back a step or two into the pocket. Improved his get-off as a senior playing the three-technique and is able to consistently penetrate from that spot.
Strength: Brute strength makes him a tough assignment in pass protection for college linemen. Stacks his man and rips off in either direction to fill a hole. Pushes the pocket as a pass rusher, even when double-teamed. Plays tall but controls the line on almost every snap when straight-up or doubled.
Tackling: Solid wrap tackler inside because of his strength and length at the point. Lacks the change-of-direction ability to regularly rein in elusive ballcarriers or make plays from behind. His height also prevents him from consistently breaking down in space.
Intangibles: Work ethic and consistency of effort have been questioned in the past, but he appeared to turn a corner in 2009. Cited for disorderly conduct and fined for a February 2009 early morning fight in downtown State College.
NFL Comparison: Fili Moala, Indianapolis Colts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117620
Patrick Robinson CB Florida State
and 16 others at Florida State’s pro day on Thursday. Niners coach Mike Singletary, Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison were among the 25 team representatives on hand to watch the players work out outdoors on FieldTurf. The other primary prospect they came to see work out was CB Patrick Robinson (5-foot-11 7/8, 190). S Myron Rolle did not work out, and will hold his own private workout at a date and site to be determined. Robinson, meanwhile, showed why he has first-round potential, running the 40 in 4.44 and 4.40 seconds, posting a 4.29-second short shuttle and doing the three-cone drill in 6.89 seconds. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/19/10 - TOP RATED NFL DRAFT SCOUT CORNERBACKS: Patrick Robinson, Florida State, 5-11, 190, 2: He is a daring defender who plays with more confidence than consistency and will need to play within his abilities to be a consistent pro. Robinson showed his best overall play last season with career bests in tackles (47) and passes broken up (11) and was impressive during Senior Bowl workouts. He has long teased pro scouts with his ability to cover receivers and react to the ball, which first became obvious in 2007 when he had six interceptions. Robinson was suspended for taking part in the infamous Florida State academic scandal and missed the Music City Bowl and the first three games of the 2008 season. - Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com/CBS Sports/USA TODAY

03/19/10 - Of the 14 former Florida State football players who worked out on the turf field for the school's annual Pro Day, there was a cornerback who hopes to be taken in the first round. There was a receiver who was kicked off the team before his senior year. There was a graduate student trying to make it as a long snapper. The 30 or so NFL scouts — including San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary — in attendance got to see them all during the 21Ú2-hour workout. They got to see Patrick Robinson, a possible first-round selection in the April 22-24 draft, run 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash. "I thought I should have run a little faster, but I'm satisfied with it," said the three-year starter at cornerback. "... I think the last first-rounder we had was Lawrence Timmons in 2007. I'm trying to end that drought." - Corey Clark, The News-Press

02/24/10 - 2010 NFL DRAFT SCOUT PRE-COMBINE TOP 64: 33. Patrick Robinson — CB, Florida State, 5-11, 190, 1-2: He has long teased pro scouts with his ability to cover receivers and close on the ball. Robinson is a daring defender who plays with more confidence than consistency and will need to learn to play within his abilities to be a reliable pro. Robinson was suspended for taking part in the infamous Florida State academic scandal and missed the Music City Bowl and the first three games of the 2008 season. - Frank Cooney, USA TODAY/NFL Draft Scout

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66264&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
Charles Brown OT Southern California *
Charles Brown, T, USC
1. Brown is another athletic offensive lineman out of USC. He began his career as a reserve left tackle, playing in nine games during his sophomore campaign in 2007.Brown became a full time starter during the spring of 2008. His play in 2008 earned him an honorable mention to the Pac 10 All Conference Team.
He is tall and with the frame to get bigger. He is an above-average pass protector, and gets set quickly and maintains good balance; shows adequate lateral movement and can mirror and slide with athletic edge rushers. Brown is fast and agile out of his stand; he is mobile and has better-than-average body control, balance and change-of-direction skills.
However, he is not a physical player. He does need to add bulk and strength. He also lacks explosive power and overwhelming mass, struggling to hold his ground against bull rushers when not playing with good leverage
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2140
Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
Some imagined that even with Paul Johnson's vaunted triple-option offense, the Yellow Jackets might struggle to replace star runner Tashard Choice's 1,379 rushing yards in 2007. Dwyer, a true freshman at the time, had been impressive, averaging an identical 5.3 yards to Choice and finishing with nine touchdowns to the future Dallas Cowboys' 10 for the year. But few expected the youngster would emerge in 2008 with the type of toughness and consistency that Choice had brought to Georgia Tech.
Rather than match Choice's production, Dwyer exceeded it, rushing for 1,395 yards to lead the ACC and earning 2008 ACC Player of the Year honors. Talk about consistency? Dwyer rushed for an identical 1,395 yards in 2009, but lost out to Clemson's C.J. Spiller for conference MVP honors.
Nicknamed "Diesel," a suitable enough moniker considering his bull-in-a-china-shop running style, Dwyer's bulk, strength and surprising elusiveness made mincemeat of the ACC. Teams will have to judge whether his production was enhanced by Johnson's unique offense, but considering the effectiveness Dwyer showed as a true freshman in former coach Chan Gailey's pro-style offense, their questions might be answered in the film room. Among the most intriguing all-around backs in the 2010 draft, Dwyer appears capable of emerging as the position's top-rated player.

Analysis
Inside: Powerful, thick-framed runner at his best slugging it out in the trenches. One-cut runner who attacks the line of scrimmage, gets skinny through the hole and can gain yardage in chunks once he breaks through. Good vision for the cutback. Surprising lateral agility to elude and has a burst to break it outside.
Outside: At least adequate speed to beat the linebacker to the corner, though he's helped by this scheme by often getting the ball with room to run. Deceptively fast and elusive. Shiftier than his frame would indicate and can cut to either side while running at full speed.
Breaking tackles: Arguably his greatest skill-set. Possesses a naturally stout, strong frame, especially in his lower body. Runs with good forward lean, making himself even more powerful and keeping his legs churning in the pile. Runs hard. Consistently finishes runs by falling forward for the tough yards. Best asset might be his toughness, as he delivers the blow and will simply drive over some defenders. Flashes a wicked stiff-arm which he uses to not only shield would-be tacklers from his legs, but to aggressively shove them aside.
Blocking: Good size, strength and toughness as a pass blocker. Squares to the defender and delivers a good initial blow. Has to continue to improve in his sustain, but has the frame and work ethic to hold up well in the NFL.
Receiving: An underrated component to his game, though he only has 15 career receptions. Possesses soft hands out of the backfield. Typically used on only short dump-off routes, but is occasionally slipped out of the backfield for wheel routes and shows impressive body control in going up to make the tough, contested reception.
Intangibles: Has never missed a game due to injury despite his punishing style of running. Announced his decision to leave Georgia Tech early alongside teammates Derrick Morgan and Morgan Burnett.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1242895
Colt McCoy QB Texas
Colt McCoy's career in Austin, Texas has been an amazing one. Not only is it very impressive for a freshman quarterback to start at Texas, but McCoy threw for 29 touchdowns and just seven interceptions during his freshman campaign in 2006. He even completed over 68 percent of his passes. All of that success earned him a ton of accolades and it built the expectations really, really high. McCoy failed to live up to those expectations as a sophomore. Asked to throw more often, McCoy did garner 3,303 yards through the air, but he threw just 22 touchdowns and was intercepted 18 times. His completion percentage dropped to about 65 percent and he was even sacked 24 times, twice as much as he was the previous season. So nobody was quite sure which McCoy would be showing for the 2008 season. However, that question was answered very quickly and McCoy ended up throwing for 3,859 yards, 34 touchdowns and just eight interceptions.
However, there is a reason why McCoy does not get much love from NFL draft pundits. At 6-3 and 210 pounds he is not as big as most NFL teams would like and he does not have a rifle arm. His arm is very accurate and McCoy knows how to win games, but that will not be enough to turn him into one of the top NFL prospects.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1715

Ricky Sapp, DE, Clemson
1. Last year the Clemson defense was often overshadowed by the offense, no matter how disappointing it ended up being. Ricky Sapp has continued to produce for the Tigers. In 2006, the 6-4 defensive end ranked second on the team in sacks behind Gaines Adams; that was as a freshman with limited playing time. In 2007, Sapp continued to develop into a solid pass rusher from Clemson's bandit end position. During the 2008 campaign Sapp tallied ten tackles-for-loss, two sacks and 28 total tackles.
Those lackluster numbers kept Sapp in college for his senior season despite early indications that he would be ready for the NFL after his junior campaign. There were some injury issues last year that kept his numbers down and he is already proving to be more productive during the 2009 season. Through five games he has already nearly equaled his tackles and tackles-for-loss numbers and has matched his two sacks of a season ago.
Sapp still has some work to do to get on the national radar, but he is a talented pass rusher at times and has the potential to be a very good player in the NFL. If he can keep up his production during the 2009 collegiate season, there is little reason to think that Sapp cannot be a second or third round selection.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1637 *
Tim Tebow QB Florida
03/25/10 - "My sense of Tim Tebow is, if you asked him to play nose (tackle), he'd play nose," Belichick said. "He's that type of kid. I don't know what a team would do with him, but I think he's a really interesting player." Interesting enough for the Pats to draft? In the second round perhaps? The Pats are on Tebow's list of teams for a private workout. When asked if that had taken place, or if it was happening down the road, that was the one time Belichick clammed up about the kid. Beyond that, he just couldn't say enough, which makes you wonder if there's something to it, or if the coach merely is playing possum. "He's had a great career. There are a lot of positives. I'm sure he's going to help a team," Belichick said. "I think he performed very well in the offense he was in. I think he was outstanding. He's already spent, I think, six weeks, or whatever it's been, working on some other things and I think you can see the results of that working. He's worked hard and made some changes, you can see those changes. I think he'll continue to work hard." Wouldn't he be leery of someone having to change his throwing motion? "Tiger Woods has rebuilt his golf swing twice. Every quarterback I've ever had or coached has worked on his mechanics and improved them. Phil Simms, certainly (Jeff) Hostetler, Brady, I can't think of too many that haven't. It's part of every player's development. I mean, show me a player who comes into this league at 21 and is a finished product at any position. Show me one guy. "They all need work. They all have things they need to work on. Some guys are more coachable than others. Some guys have different things they need to correct, whatever the techninque or physical development happens to be. I don't think that's unusual." Well, the Tebow talk certainly is food for thought, because Belichick didn't bite on much else. - Karen Guregian, The Boston Hearld

03/25/10 - With no one on the roster yet to back up or compete with new starter Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers coach John Fox is spending plenty of time evaluating quarterbacks. One he acknowledges liking is former Florida Gators star Tim Tebow, who is expected to be picked somewhere in the first three rounds of next month's NFL draft. Count Fox among those not fretting over Tebow's unconventional - some say flawed - throwing motion, which has been under reconstruction for the past two months. "Did you ever watch Bernie Kosar play?" Fox asked Wednesday morning during a media breakfast for NFC coaches at the league's annual meetings. "Bernie might not appreciate it, but I call it as I see it. He won a lot of games. So it's not all just how pretty they are (or) how big." Kosar quarterbacked Cleveland in the 1980s and early '90s, compiling a 53-51-1 record as the starter and passing for more than 20,000 yards despite an unorthodox throwing motion. Some NFL talent evaluators have said Tebow is no more than a developmental prospect who might never become a successful NFL quarterback. "I think you'll get 32 different opinions and it'll be interesting," Fox said of Tebow. "But I think he's proven he's had great success at the college level. That probably counts for something. That's how we evaluate these guys. None of them have played a down for us yet. "Where that fits and trying to predict where he goes, I can't honestly tell you and I'm not going to give you my exact evaluation, but I think he'll get a shot to play quarterback in this league." - Charles Chandler, The Charlotte Observer

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66563&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB
Jahvid Best RB California
Best has been ranked as one of the top running backs for much of the season, but questions of his durability might hurt his draft stock. He’s already been knocked for his lack of size (5’10”, 195), and now has to deal with a concussion issue. Two concussions in two weeks, with the second one a scary landing in the end zone (see video below).

Jahvid didn’t see much action as a back his freshman year (29 touches), but broke out as a sophomore with 1,580 rushing yards, at 8.1 yards per carry, and 15 rushing TDs (16 total). Rushed for 200 yards 3 times as soph., with a high of 311 yards on 19 carries versus Washington. Had 8 100+ yard games.

Best has the ability to break for a big run every time he touches the ball. He has excellent acceleration, quickness, and breakaway speed. Has agility and vision to find the holes, eluding would be tacklers. Good hands out of the back field, but is not a good pass blocker.

Would you like to write a player profile for any prospect that may be entering the 2010 NFL Draft? Email profiles of any player (even players not on our list) to our 1. Webmaster. Credit will be given to the author of the profile.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Jahvid-Best

We know where Washington stands at quarterback and left tackle. I think Jason Campbell could do a nice job for Mike Shanahan, but so far, the coach isn't really embracing the incumbent starter. But those are the obvious needs. Honestly, there are no under-the-radar needs because the Redskins need help at pretty much every position. Maybe with the presence of Albert Haynesworth and Maake Kemoeatu, folks have been lulled into thinking the Redskins are OK at defensive tackle. But I don't think that's the case. If you can find a nose tackle early in the draft, you have to think about selecting him. Haynesworth's going to line up at defensive end the majority of the time. He wants no part of playing nose tackle, although he'll be there some of the time.

The Redskins would also be wise to look for inside linebackers for their new 3-4 scheme. If you think London Fletcher's going to succeed in a 3-4, you haven't studied the league. Little guys like Fletcher simply don't function well in this type of defense. Ask the Cowboys' former mighty mites Dat Nguyen and Dexter Coakley. It just doesn't work for 5-10 guys to be taking on 340-pound guards who are light on their feet. So yes, inside linebacker might qualify as an under-the-radar need.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/12350/draft-watch-nfc-east-6
CLICK LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.