• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Famed CBS News Anchorman Walter Cronkite Dies at 92

i remember a man whose personal integrity was so impeccable, the whole country trusted him. it was only in recent years that i could tell his political leanings. rip...

"And that's the way it is..."

Yep. Here's to him...the ultimate journalist. There are very few who one could even mention in the same sentence. RIP sir.

I literally grew up with Walter Cronkite-actually from even before him, as a child I saw Edward R. Murrow, Douglas Edwards, and afterward-David Brinkley, Chet Huntley, Eric Sevareid, all either predecessors of or contemporaries of Walter Cronkite. Ed Murrow brought investigative reporting to television and Walter Cronkite defined the role of a network news anchor. Walter Cronkite gave you the ineffable sense that he was talking directly to you, like a neighbor would, while being an impeccable news reporter. We've lost a giant, whose famous closing line I'll use in tribute..Mr. Cronkite, you informed and uplifted us all..."and that's the way it is...". Godspeed, sir.

When I was growing up Walter Cronkite was the news. He was a giant of broadcast journalism and there'll never be another like him.

Thanks for sharing that, Mike. You had an opportunity to sit down with one of the giants, and you made the most of it. Well done.

whoa, mike, i used to read your leaders & success column religiously in my college days and beyond! somewhere deep in my desk drawer i have a file of columns that i painstakingly clipped from the pages of IBD. thanks for those inspiring stories and sound advice over the years!

Too bad he couldn't make it until tomorrow, the 40th anniversary of Apollo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.