• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

The Tsaziki sauce is the clincher, and surprisingly easy to make.

How does one make a 'homemade' gyro? I believe *real* gyros are made with a special meat made up of both lamb and beef, aren't they?

How does one make a 'homemade' gyro? I believe *real* gyros are made with a special meat made up of both lamb and beef, aren't they?

You're my gyro!

Yea, technically not entirely homemade, as you will have to buy those strips of the hybrid processed lamb/beef.
Although I suppose you could create a reasonable facsimile by manually mixing the meat at home.

Chomped these babes down at literally 12am, so it wasn't dinner, but too big to be Midnight Snack.
After grillin, sliced up and added Worcestershire, sliced tomato, slices of egg on toast with mayo, and used cheap ass camera to take pic of final product.

Picture1021180009951.jpg

Picture1020182348951.jpg

Since it's too damn wet to golf, I'm watching football, drinking a beer, and I'm going to do some cooking. First off, making some traditional NC pulled pork. Gonna treat my co-workers on Monday with pulled pork, sauces, slaw, and some baked beans. After I get done doing the prep work on that, I'm going to make two different kinds of kimchi, the first using brussel sprouts, and the second version featuring kale.

Made this last night. I smoked it for an hour or so and then moved it to the oven. Made the sauce, which is fantastic btw, with a Malbec. Off the hook amazing dinner. Did some sliced roasted potatoes with garlic and olive oil.

Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce

The wife is not the 'foodie' I am, but she was pretty happy.

Anyone ever have a food allergy test done on them? My Dr ordered one a few weeks ago and results are a few foods I shouldn't be consuming. According to it I shouldn't consume chicken, corn, wheat, chocolate, bananas, soy, egg whites, milk protein, and most importantly BEEF.

Pretty sure that leaves grass and Styrofoam for my menu. FFS

Seriously? Unless your windpipe is swelling shut or you are breaking out in a rash, sounds dubious to me. I think your MD just hates seeing people enjoy life ... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, not going into shock or anything close just upset stomach. So I need to find a gerd diet somehow.

If a certain food genre has a positive number beside it that's the indicator for acid reflux. Most are like 2 or 2.5 out of 10 (I think). Beef tested at a friggin 9, but I think my Dr is using sorcery to manipulate my #`s higher than they actually are. What type of monster informs someone they're allergic to beef?!?!

I've got some GERD issues. I find that if I avoid some trigger foods (for me, that's chocolate, peppermint, dairy products) I generally don't have any major issues. I'm supposed to avoid caffeine and alcohol too - but that's crazy talk :) If I have a flareup, I'll do a couple weeks of Prilosec and usually it calms down.

Italian wedding soup tonight. I'm home alone but I love to cook so what can I say? Homemade beef/hot sausage meatballs with fresh garlic and herbs. I like to add some tomato to the mix although I know it's not called for but what 'Italian Wedding' lacks tomatoes?

It's just a great cold rainy day soup.

I'm still winning.

I love that ****
One of my favorite soups.
I don't make the time to throw it together homemade, so usually get the Progresso in a can.
But I don't really like doing that, because they put a ridiculous and ungodly amount of Sodium in it.

First brisket on the Big Green Egg.

7f948c4a393a718b15330f36c98dba76.jpg

2c2ca6c9e5b063cbf311b46c597b92ca.jpg

8cda6f8b4c1963f14e78d58f6f5c06a2.jpg

It came out moist, tender, and amazing. In other words, nothing like previous brisket attempts :)

I'm needing some pepper connoisseur advice. Really craving a Jamaican jerk sauce lately and I've researched like 5 recipes so far. Every one of them have a "scotch bonnet pepper" as a key ingredient. I have no idea what that is and fairly certain its nowhere to be found up here.

Is there a close substitute in taste to this type of pepper?

I'm needing some pepper connoisseur advice. Really craving a Jamaican jerk sauce lately and I've researched like 5 recipes so far. Every one of them have a "scotch bonnet pepper" as a key ingredient. I have no idea what that is and fairly certain its nowhere to be found up here.

Is there a close substitute in taste to this type of pepper?

This may not answer your question, and you may not consider it too relevant, but maybe you'll be convinced to try this stuff at some point.
When I used to visit the Virgin Islands, I came across this variety of carribbean hot pepper sauces, made there by a small business, in the USVI...and these things are friggin awesome if you are tempted to order some.

https://blindbetty.com/

Scotch bonnet is a habanero - same thing

Going to try pizza tonight on my new Big Green Egg. Technique calls for cooking them at 650 degrees on a pizza stone. Will do one with fresh tomatoes and basil, and a 2nd one with thinly sliced green peppers and onions. Excited to see how these turn out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.