A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

Page 117 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2406
  1. #2321

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Nope - Wegman's hasn't made it's way down here to North Kakalakee. I do have a new Costco membership, so may check there... Big fan of Ostrich too (if you haven't tried it, amazing...) so may go that route if I can't find some venison...
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  2. #2322
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,276
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    I wish venison were readily available like other meats. You can find it online, but it's a pain in the ass. Other option is to start deer hunting here in NC. I'd love to do that but really don't know how to get started. I think I'd have to befriend some rednecks
    I thought we were friends?
    0 2 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  3. #2323

    Join Date
    10-01-09
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    9,524
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    133
    Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    I wish venison were readily available like other meats. You can find it online, but it's a pain in the ass. Other option is to start deer hunting here in NC. I'd love to do that but really don't know how to get started. I think I'd have to befriend some rednecks
    Greetings. My name is Ken.
    0 2 0 0
     
     
    The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

  4. #2324

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Madonn' .... goes without saying
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  5. #2325

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    BGO deer hunting meet-up?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  6. #2326
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,276
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    BGO deer hunting meet-up?
    I haven't been in 20 years, I would be up for it again.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  7. #2327

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Homemade fish and chips for dinner tonight. Can’t beat fried haddock and cod with homemade chips and Malt vinegar.

    And Chris - dry aging some flank steak in the fridge for a RE-do on Sunday or Monday.




    Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  8. #2328

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    So damn good...




    Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  9. #2329
    2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

    Join Date
    11-18-12
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    3,549
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    What type of fish Boone?

    Edit: Just saw you had cod in the post above the finished product.

    I was blessed enough to catch a nice king salmon yesterday and have him diced up a chilling at the moment. Soaking cedar boards (new technique) and have a pack of bacon waiting to wrap some bits in as well.

    Any suggestions on spice or pepper additives to try?
    Last edited by Win4us; 06-11-18 at 07:30 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

  10. #2330

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Always feel like fish is best as simple as possible. Maybe a little butter and lemon and dash of salt and pepper but doubt that beautiful fish you caught need anything more


    Posted With Tapatalk
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  11. #2331

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,786
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Dill weed and a little garlic powder is my wife and I's preferred salmon seasonings.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  12. #2332

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...o-salad-366410

    Wow. Haven't even cooked the flank steak and I'm already sold on this one. Tomato salad is unbelievably good. Didn't have 'Sherry Vinegar' but used a combo of several vinegars with a splash of sherry. Thinking next time I'll add a splash of 'Clamato' Juice and a dash of bitters in honor of my Mom who probably made the meanest blood mary on the planet in her day.

    bloodymarysteak.jpg
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  13. #2333

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,786
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Last night was a little surf and turf.

    The surf, was fresh fried oysters.
    The turf, was marinated and grilled venison steaks.
    Store bought scalloped potato's, asparagus, and Corona Light rounded out the meal.


    Yum!
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  14. #2334

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    That sounds amazing Ax.

    My brother and I did a little baked salmon thing the other night (would've worked nicely on the grill too) where we marinated the salmon in a mix of honey, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and some cilantro. Damned good!
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  15. #2335
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,276
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Always feel like fish is best as simple as possible. Maybe a little butter and lemon and dash of salt and pepper but doubt that beautiful fish you caught need anything more


    Posted With Tapatalk
    I agree but there were a couple of fish dishes that I saw in the restaurant biz in South Florida that were extremely complex, but so friggin delicious!

    Drunken Grouper - sauteed with spiced rum, butter, salt and pepper, real simple. But it was served with a sweet potato puree, infused with maple syrup, brown sugar and more spiced rum, reduced. The fish was also drizzled with the same rum, maple syrup and brown sugar reduction, topped with julienne, carrot and jalapeños. It was so awesome! And it wasn't the same dish without the japs, that small hint of spice was just enough to change to complexion of the dish. The first time I got it, the chef saw I asked for no japs, he scolded me! So I put them on the 2nd time...a huge difference absolutely delsih!

    The other was another grouper dish with a stone ground mustard sauce. It was stone ground mustard, and butter with crushed pretzel. The pretzel helped absorb the sauce with the fish, keeping that stone ground mustard flavor locked into the fish.

    I like the drunken grouper much better, but the other was pretty good, too.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  16. #2336

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,786
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Being a creature of habit, surf and turf is on the menu again tonight.

    The turf will once again be marinated venison steaks on the grill, with a different marinade. (Tony Chachere's Cajun Marinade)
    As of this moment, I'm thinking scallops will be the surf.
    Dirty rice
    Steamed broccoli.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  17. #2337

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    Being a creature of habit, surf and turf is on the menu again tonight.

    The turf will once again be marinated venison steaks on the grill, with a different marinade. (Tony Chachere's Cajun Marinade)
    As of this moment, I'm thinking scallops will be the surf.
    Dirty rice
    Steamed broccoli.
    Where you gettin' all that venison Willis? Sounds awesome. My local grocery, which still has a butcher and carries your groceries to your vehicle, makes up some killer shish kabobs. I'm marinating those in some McCormick Grill Mates 'Montreal Steak' marinade. Gonna bake some tater tots (cause I like 'em) to go with. Should be awesome.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  18. #2338

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,509
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    93
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I agree but there were a couple of fish dishes that I saw in the restaurant biz in South Florida that were extremely complex, but so friggin delicious!

    Drunken Grouper - sauteed with spiced rum, butter, salt and pepper, real simple. But it was served with a sweet potato puree, infused with maple syrup, brown sugar and more spiced rum, reduced. The fish was also drizzled with the same rum, maple syrup and brown sugar reduction, topped with julienne, carrot and jalapeños. It was so awesome! And it wasn't the same dish without the japs, that small hint of spice was just enough to change to complexion of the dish. The first time I got it, the chef saw I asked for no japs, he scolded me! So I put them on the 2nd time...a huge difference absolutely delsih!

    The other was another grouper dish with a stone ground mustard sauce. It was stone ground mustard, and butter with crushed pretzel. The pretzel helped absorb the sauce with the fish, keeping that stone ground mustard flavor locked into the fish.

    I like the drunken grouper much better, but the other was pretty good, too.
    We frequently buy the biggest grouper we can find at the beach - stuff it with peppers, mushrooms, lemon and lime slices, goat cheese, all kinds of stuff - then tie and grill it in foil. Off. The. Hook.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  19. #2339
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,276
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Yeah, needless to say, Grouper is my favorite fish. Next time you're in the OBX there is a place in Hatteras just before you get to the ferry to go over to Ocracoke that has the best Fried Grouper sandwich I've ever had. Just a little hole in the wall, you can't miss it.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  20. #2340

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,786
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's for Dinner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Where you gettin' all that venison Willis? Sounds awesome. My local grocery, which still has a butcher and carries your groceries to your vehicle, makes up some killer shish kabobs. I'm marinating those in some McCormick Grill Mates 'Montreal Steak' marinade. Gonna bake some tater tots (cause I like 'em) to go with. Should be awesome.
    The venison comes from my freezer. The 2 deer I got last hunting season will usually last me until this coming season.

    Wasn't too impressed with the Tony Chachere Cajun marinade last night. But I'll give it another chance before the final verdict. It wasn't "bad", it just wasn't that impressive.

    I seem to remember trying a McCormick Grill Mates 'Montreal Steak' dry seasoning some years ago. Will have to look for the marinade and give it a try.

    And I have never had grouper. Sounds like I'm missing out on something good. I'll have to give it a shot.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

 

 

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •