• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Doing another soup. Found this recipe by googling 'Great shit to eat from other countries that Americans never make' (and I'm only kind of kidding there)....

Albondigas - a Mexican meatball soup. Doing meatballs with thirds of chorizo sausage, ground pork, and ground beef with garlic, carrots, jalapeno, fresh mint/cilantro/parsley, egg, cumin, salt, pepper, and cooked rice. Will partially cook my meatballs then add to chicken stock with some canned diced tomatoes, celery, zuchini, potatoes, black beans, onion, and some more spices.

Good Lord that sounds amazing.

I'm making Chicken Stew this week sometime. Scallops tonight - Wegman's had Fresh Caught for $9.99/lb this week.

Time to kickstart this thread again - with the holidays coming, itching to know what kinds of meals you guys are preparing for your loved ones? I'll be posting some of my plans up as I finalize them. I ordered some lamb spareribs from a gourmet meat company online, along with some black truffles (which I have zero experience with), and some wild boar sausage. Thinking I might do some mac and cheese with the black truffles, and some wild boar sausage stuffing? More to come...

Just got done with a brutal stretch of work, which I wrapped up by getting a horrific man cold. Going the comfort food route tonight with some soup beans (pintos with garlic, ham hocks, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, and some chicken stock). I feel better already :)

Calling @Goaldeje, calling @Goaldeje... I'm going to make that mac and cheese with black truffle shavings...but need some help making some really goody mac and cheese as a base. I've efforted homemade mac and cheese before but mine always seems to come out drier than I want it. Any tips? I know you be a mac and cheese master....

Calling @Goaldeje, calling @Goaldeje... I'm going to make that mac and cheese with black truffle shavings...but need some help making some really goody mac and cheese as a base. I've efforted homemade mac and cheese before but mine always seems to come out drier than I want it. Any tips? I know you be a mac and cheese master....

Sorry, been busy for the Holidays. There are three main bases I make for mac and cheese: evaporated milk, a roux, and a fondue base. The fondue base is essentially a roux made with wine in addition to milk/half and half. A decent chardonnay makes the sauce pop. Also, don't be afraid to experiment with different kinds of cheese - blue cheese with a good cheddar is a killer combo, if both are pretty good quality. :)

Had our Christmas Eve dinner tonight with the whole family - all four kids and our oldest's boyfriend (and a couple of friends). I made Prime Rib (because, why not?) with twice baked baby new potatoes with blue cheese, mashed sweet potates, brussells sprouts with bacon and walnuts and some cheddar biscuits. Had a fantastic Cab Franc from a local vineyard with it all. Then for dessert (a couple of hours later) we had a layered gingerbread cake with bourbon-barrell aged gingerbread stout.

Can't move now, but totally worth it. This is my big meal of the year, every year, and I ****ing nailed it. :)

Couple days off before a big work grind. Snow on the way. Decided to make one of my favorites, Carne Asade. Couldn't find skirt steak which is really ideal - went with London Broil instead :) Have had the beef marinating in a puree of chilis, fresh lime and orange juice, garlic, and cilantro (plus a few other ingredients) for a few hours. Also made a chimichurra sauce to go with it. Going to serve it on flour tortillas with guacamole, with some refried beans on the side.

@Om - if you start driving now, you'll just make it.

Thanks for sharing - never heard of this before. Will definitely give it a try. :cheers:

Looking for something simple I can make on a dreary cold Saturday while I watch UVa go at it against Duke today. Going to make some old school style Bean with Bacon Soup with white great northern beans.

My son in-law pulled it together. Ton of people, big roaring fire, and plenty of oysters. He lives on the water, so the oysters that didn't use just put them back overboard
for future use. Everybody else brought something. It was like a big pot luck dinner where the oysters were the star.

Just made a simple yet bomb ass pot of vegetable soup. Carrots, potatoes, celery, corn diced up.

2 types of all-seasoning, Italian, black pepper, parsley/garlic, a bunch of beef bullion cubes in water. I really do enjoy making soups and stews.

Made chili the other day with cornbread on the side. Toasted the cornmeal first in cast iron, then added in cheddar in the bread and jack on top. Oh yeah, I also coated the cast iron skillet with bacon grease so it wouldn't stick and also because... bacon.

The chili was with a chocolate raspberry stout that is dynamite. Great chili.

Damn you Goal, now you have me over here like

21CD6EF8-23C6-4D3B-9ED7-3A5B3E694162.jpeg

Setting aside that really strange clip @Fear The Spear (did I really see them open up a CAN of raw chicken breasts - wth?)... going to try this Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe tonight. I've never eaten it or made it, so we'll see how well it turns out.

Man - the Tikka Masala was sooo good. Definitely one of the favorite things I've made in quite awhile. Also made some homemade Naan which was easy to make and delicious.

Perfect meal.

Local butcher has elk meat bacon, rolled in thick ass black pepper. Diced it up threw in eggs and served with biscuits and gravy.

Was pretty good and I tried something new, in my house anyway. Threw a dab of this stuff in with the elk and yeah, puts it over the top.

A39FC36A-3EE7-4AD5-BFCD-C7A27D9941A1.jpeg

If you've never tried it you've been living a lie!

I made some fried chicken last night using this 'Serious Eats' recipe. I doubled up the spices because I did an extra large batch of drumsticks only. I also used a different cooking method. I deep fried 4 pieces at a time, at 375 for 5 minutes each batch. Drained each batch and put all of the chicken in a big roasting pan. Baked at 375 for an hour. It came out great.

IMG_0985.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.