• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Mom and kids are at the beach so I cooked for myself...2 inch thick NY Strip, with saute'ed kale.

Seasoned the strip with montreal steak seasoning broiled medium. Forgot the friggin charcoal!

Saute'ed kale with 1/4 cup of garlic, couple table spoon of olive oil and half a cup of water.

DEELISH!!!

And no Ax! No f**king tomoatoes!

You have to cook it on the radiator again?

Got my Cuban on... made Ropa Vieja tonight. Beef and olives - yummm...

You have to cook it on the radiator again?

Got my Cuban on... made Ropa Vieja tonight. Beef and olives - yummm...

Haha! We have radiators in the house. I love radiant heat!

Nah...I don't mind broiling a steak, especially such a thick cut because I can manage the heat better and cook it more thoroughly. I don't use a gas grille.

Steak's good no matter how you cook it if you ask me :)

Cauliflower crust pizza is unbelievably good...

631b55529f58e0f20b1749af6188efdf.jpg
952bac9a05377a11ee6bb0fdb552bb2b.jpg
ad1083704345f2996148fd792cbb1ef9.jpg
1f72186ce81874d60de5c3369fcf10bb.jpg
122587ff35c2fc22ee63452afb69a078.jpg

Was so skeptical the first time I tried it. Not now. If you wanna try it, keep it simple - crust, spicy sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella, maybe some fresh tomatoes, and basil as it comes out of the oven. I loosely follow a Pioneer Woman Recipe. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ew!

Baked a couple pieces of flounder...frozen, but it's one of those fish that can be frozen and still taste good enough. Haha! Some salt, pepper, and some fresh squeezed lemon cooked in a pan lined with olive oil. Not ideal, but a good meal.

Also had Zucchini and squash casserole...some call it a zucchini lasagna.
Zucchini, squash, onion, olive oil, and cheddar cheese. Layer it up, and bake at 375 until the cheese is golden brown.

Cauliflower crust pizza is unbelievably good...

Was so skeptical the first time I tried it. Not now. If you wanna try it, keep it simple - crust, spicy sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella, maybe some fresh tomatoes, and basil as it comes out of the oven. I loosely follow a Pioneer Woman Recipe. Amazing.

As a frustrated gluten-free person, I find this amazing for a couple reasons.
One, a quality GF pizza crust is hard to find/make, in both the taste and texture.
Two, cauliflower is literally the LAST thing on earth that I would have expected to make a good GF pizza, with its inherent texture, and difficulty in replicating that to a normal wheat pizza crust feel.

As a frustrated gluten-free person, I find this amazing for a couple reasons.
One, a quality GF pizza crust is hard to find/make, in both the taste and texture.
Two, cauliflower is literally the LAST thing on earth that I would have expected to make a good GF pizza, with its inherent texture, and difficulty in replicating that to a normal wheat pizza crust feel.

Agree - it's totally counter-intuitive. Two keys - gotta make sure you squeeze out as much of the water as possible from the cooked cauliflower, and you've gotta cook the crust before putting toppings on it. Adding egg, parmesan, and mozarella to the cauliflower helps make it tasty. It's shockingly good.

Agree - it's totally counter-intuitive. Two keys - gotta make sure you squeeze out as much of the water as possible from the cooked cauliflower, and you've gotta cook the crust before putting toppings on it. Adding egg, parmesan, and mozarella to the cauliflower helps make it tasty. It's shockingly good.

Cool, there should probably be a Disclaimer that says we do not recommend spinning, twirling, flipping the uncooked pie in the air and on your fingertips, like the NY pizza places, because it probably isn't THAT flexible.

Grilled cheese, of course. No need for the foil though.

John, I tried your cauliflower pizza today - just basic with sauce and cheese. We really liked it. There was a mental switch I had to throw that it wasn't going to taste like "regular" pizza, but as soon as I threw it, I enjoyed it immensely - the second piece was really, really good.

I used Z'atar spice in the dough instead of Italian Seasoning, and I could see all kinds of variations with different veggies and toppings. I'll continue to play...

Steak, baked sweet potato, banana milkshakes, egg white salad rolled in romaine lettuce.

I'm doing the no carb thing this month. Grilled fennel and golden beets with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil. Pretty tasty.

Beets actually do have carbs - before anyone corrects me :)

5224b08769ad5177dd39cd886fcb44f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still on the zero carb thang.

But felt like cooking, so here's what I've got going into the crockpot. Bought a couple of smallish port tenderloins. Coated them with a little olive oil, and then sear them a little under the broiler. In the crockpot, put a thick layer of sliced cabbage. On top of that put sliced red, green, and yellow bell pepper. Added some baby carrots to the vegetables. Added a cup of chicken stock and 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Took the pork tenderloins and coated them generously with Montreal seasoning. Put them on top of the veggies. Tucked a bunch of white mushrooms in around them and covered it all with red onion slices and some rough chopped parsley. Sprinkled more Montreal seasoning over the top of it all. Gonna cook it on high for 6 hours.

Perfect and easy low-carb Hurricane Florence dinner.

Well, my wife made a mistake at the grocery store...she bought a 2 pound NY Strip. Oh well! Gonna be having that for dinner tomorrow night!

Think I may give gyros a go this weekend, never tried making them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.