• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

So this year, brined the bird and trying something different. Mixed olive oil mayo with some honey garlic rub and a generous amount of fresh chopped sage, thyme, and rosemary. Rubbed the bird all over and under skin with the mayo and stuffed it with cut lemons, onion, and more fresh herbs.

Here's the before shot:

View attachment 4265

I'm going to Smoke/roast it on the Big Green Egg with a drip pan below with some white wine, chicken stock, garlic, and bay leaves in it for gravy.

John, did you look it with the lemon still in it? If so, was there too much lemon flavor?

Yeah - but the lemon doesn't flavor it. Just provides moisture and smells great. Turkey was unbelievably good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here happen to make their own salad dressing? Getting sick of the store bought stuff and would love to hear some changeups for out of the norm dressings to drown a salad. Apparently I need to eat more salads, blah

I’m a big fan of ‘tri-tip’ which luckily my local grocery carries but is hard to find in most grocery stores. It’s a triangular chunk of beef that has a very beefy flavor, good marbling, but isn’t expensive. I call it the poor man’s prime rib :). You can cook it like a big steak or also use it as a roast. I prepped one this weekend with a mix of a whole head of chopped garlic, some olive oil, some chipotle rub, and black pepper with the intention of grilling it. But it was rainy and just didn’t feel like screwing with it, so I’m going to roast it tonight with some fresh green beans and new potatoes instead.

For you guys who enjoy hot sauce in your food you should really try it on salad. I’ll dab a bit on a dinner salad and am quite pleased with its addition.

I am bad about grabbing the Texas Pete with just about anything but brother, think your enthusiasm has me beat. Running over to the oracle to post an important question for the Gods.

For salads it’s definitely not a drenching, maybe 1/2 a teaspoon for an average to large size salad. You’re probably right tho I do have a ‘problem’ with hot spices.

today’s salad featured RedHot but Tobasco works well too

Tri-tip was damn good. Just seared it in a Dutch oven, dumped some red potatoes and fresh green beans on top of it, and covered with some beef stock. Put it in the o em for an hour with the lid on. Really easy meal.

Thawed out some pheasant breasts and quail from a recent hunting trip. Going to grill the pheasants some with a brisket rub and some with a Jamaican Jerk spice mix and finish them both off with a light coating of BBQ sauce. Also doing some quail marinated in teriyaki sauce and garlic with fresh jalapeno slices wrapped in bacon.

This won't suck.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

That looks fantastic.

Made grits this morning for brunch and the recipe called for adding hot sauce. Instead of that, I added in some Adobo sauce (no chipotles, just the sauce) and it was on point. Nice subtle smoky flavor with the cheese and grits. The youngest even got seconds and she doesn't like grits.

Also made some of the best pork I've ever made by reconstituting dried chilis and then making a paste to marinade the pork with. Just sauteed pork strips but hot damn they were good with tacos. Have a few leftovers so I'm going to make steamed buns with pork this week sometime.

The birds came out great...not dried out at all, very tasty. The wife wouldn't eat any of it because it was wild shot and processed (she has no moral issue with hunting, she's just a germaphobe...). Illogical but I love her so what's a guy gonna do?

Made a poor man’s jambalaya today that came out good as a muhfuh!

Diced log of Summer sausage
Crumbled breakfast sausage
Can of green chili’s
Can of kidney beans
V8 vegetable juice
Jasmine rice

Oregano
Black pepper
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Red Hot-2 tsp

I knew it was a hit when my picky eater son mauled 3 bowls of it

Made Butter Chicken for lunch today with Basmati Pilaf. It was freaking great. Making a lot of pasta next week, paired with fish - mostly salmon and flounder it looks like...

last night took some stew beef and put in crockpot with onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. Then we fixed some very crispy french fries. Put a serving of the beef and gravy on top of the french fries. Also had some gnocchi. Got to fix this again soon.

Just had mooseloaf, cheesy mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade biscuits & pasta salad. Wife knocked it out of the park today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.