• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

I think i've mentioned here that I make a killer chipotle sauce. Well, I'm now bottling it.

0e663ac2-7249-4de3-8116-8f63ffa15c6e.jpg

I was wondering how the NY strips turned out and was afraid that it was too long. Thinking that maybe you found a new trick and was curious to see if it did work. Sorry to hear that it didn't, but the good news is that you did not spend full price.

Finally getting around to making the brisket. Smells fantastic right now. Practically drooling.

Yeah. So, at the risk of being obnoxious... nailed it. Effing nailed it. Homemade Creamed Spinach, Roasted Brussels Sprouts and (for some reason) Cheese Fries as sides. Pretty damned good.

I was challenged to a cook-off. The rules were 30 minutes to cook and under $10. I killed it. Pics soon.

Edit: Updated with pics.

food.jpg

It's pan seared wild caught tuna with homemade stone ground mustard sauce, risotto, and baked zucchini with garlic, olive oil and pepper. 22 minutes including prep and cooking, and $8.12. ANd it was even better tasting :D

Last edited:
Doing Peruvian Chicken on the grill in the snow...

I love this recipe. Butterflied a couple chickens, soaked in water with juice of 4 fresh lemons. Rubbed down with mix of white vinegar, white wine, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, fresh ground black pepper, and salt.

Will grill 'brick style' in a bit. This is an amazing dish.

Just put some breakfast tins in the oven-

f3509613-3be2-4d0f-a360-e527f708ffe5.jpg

Egg, bacon, onion, cheese and hash browns.

Boone gets extra credit for grilling in the snow.

Been meaning to get me a couple Tuna steaks to do the Wasabi rubbed Tuna again. That was delish!
"
Anyway, for shoveling the neighbors walk, she came out and gave me a couple of smaller NY Strips. Just gonna sear 'em up and have a salad.

Hey Goal - I've yet to do a perfect brisket (last one was just slightly overcooked). Gonna try again tomorrow - any tips from the master?

Patience. Mine hit the plateau earlier than I thought it would and I nearly panicked and took it to the oven. Once it passed the plateau though we were golden. I got it up to 204F which was perfect.

I made an oven beef stew tonight. Stew Meat, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions with beef broth and Merlot. Added in some ground mustard which was a terrific addition. Really, REALLY good. Stayed in the Dutch Oven for almost 4 hours, terrific stew.

1601264_10203123464790242_2083176001_n.jpg

This is what I did last night, just realized I posted on FB and not here, please forgive me :D

I took a pork shoulder and de-boned it, then trimmed off the fat and tied a net around the meat to make a roll. I marinated it in soy sauce and ginger root for half a day. I sauteed some onions, garlic and leeks in olive oil, then dumped in a brine of soy sauce, rice vinegar, liquid smoke, smoked paprika and browning sauce. Then I cooked that down halfway and set it aside. I caramelized the pork on all sides quickly, then braised it in the brine on low heat for 4 hours, turning every hour.

While that was finishing up, I steamed some asparagus and made some chow mein noodles. I took the pork out of the brine, and wilted some bok choy in it. Then I cranked up the heat, and cooked down the remaining brine into a syrup that I drizzled on top of everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.