• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Bonefish Grill tonight in Collierville, TN. I ate too much, but it was worth every bite.

Crockpot brisket with vegetables for dinner.

Getting up early tomorrow to do a chicken, Peruvian style, butterflied and cooked on the grill under a big cast iron grate. Another chicken I'll smoke beer can style. Dallas and Jets fan friends here at 1pm to watch the game. Dinner at halftime.

Crockpot brisket with vegetables for dinner.

Getting up early tomorrow to do a chicken, Peruvian style, butterflied and cooked on the grill under a big cast iron grate. Another chicken I'll smoke beer can style. Dallas and Jets fan friends here at 1pm to watch the game. Dinner at halftime.

All of that sounds incredible.

Going to Williamsburg tomorrow and letting everyone there cook for me. :) But tonight, I am making a standing rib roast, my first. I already have my mac and cheese waiting to be cooked, and will be making scalloped potatoes to go with. Em is making a broccoli casserole so we can say we have something green on the table. :) Can't wait. That is the most expensive cut of meat I have ever purchased, and I can not wait to taste it.

Funny you mention that Goal, my brother is also doing a standing rib roast tomorrow. I'm actually almost tired of cooking. I am trying to come up with a potato dish for tomorrow and here's my idea....

I'm going to slice baking potatoes, coat them with some olive oil, chopped garlic, and some salt/pepper and then bake/broil them until they start to brown. Then put a layer if them in a glass baking dish. On top of the potato layer I'm thinking I'll do a layer of sour cream, sprinkle chopped scallions over the top and maybe some chives as well. Then sprinkle crumbled bacon over that, top it with another layer of the garlic potato slices, cover the whole thing with some grated cheddar cheese and broil until cheese starts to melt - whattya think? Suggestions?

That sounds amazing, I would be tempted to use white cheddar if you have it, I think that would set off the potatoes nicely.

That does sound good

Wow. I will not brag on Facebook because it's obnoxious, but you all can put up with it here, right?

:)

The prime rib was amazing. At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I nailed it. Absolutely nailed it. The mac and cheese was brilliant, the scalloped potatoes were terrific, but the prime rib, with au jus was just ... stunning. Way too expensive to do often, but once or twice year, yeah I'm pulling that one out. I mean... damn!

We did a bottle of Merlot with it, and that was good, but when I opened the bottle of Cab Sauvignon, the meat really sang. perfect pairing. I drank way too much. I think we have some sort of church concert our kids are participating in I will be on tangentially aware of.

Oh well. Worth it. :)

When time allows, talk to us about how you prepared that. I know nothing about this particular cut of meat.

When time allows, talk to us about how you prepared that. I know nothing about this particular cut of meat.

I'm fixing 2 rib roasts tomorrow. With that cut of meat I spice it with salt pepper garlic and some onion, brown the outside (sometimes i do it on the grill) and get out of the way. As long as you have picked out good roasts just cook it to the right temp and it turns out awesome.

Grilled chuck eye steak, white cheddar mac'n'cheese, and an Italian vegetable blend.

Prime rib is easy, just roast it! I used to cook it when I worked at lone star.

My resolution for my next BBQ conquering is to make my own BBQ sauce

BBQ sauce is easy and fun to play around with. I like bourbon based sauces personally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I spent years perfecting my BBQ sauce. It only took so long, because I'm so particular about how I want it to taste. It has to be a little sweet, a little smokey, and a little spicy. And for ****'s sake, it can't taste like vinegar and molasses like so many store bought sauces do. Terrible, those sauces. Mine tastes like I would imagine a Carolina BBQ version of Stubb's tasting, and it's awesome. I could seriously mass produce the stuff and be rich.

I made spaghetti with Arabbiatta sauce. Added half a pound of ground sirloin and half a pound of ground pork, portobello mushrooms, and sweet onions. Opened a 96 point Sonoma pinot and made garlic bread.

It was awesome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

A family tradition on the Eve...

BBQ ribs with all the fixins'. I ate every bite.

Butterflied leg of lamb with olive oil and herbs, grilled. Mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Oh yeah.

The prime rib roast turned out so well that a couple people coming back tomorrow afternoon requested another one, if i can get another at Costco in the am it will be a repeat of dinner todaY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.