• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

I'd try that LL :)

I'm smoking 2 wild turkeys on my Weber Bullet this morning for a get together this afternoon with my brother, sister, and all their crews. I brined them using Aldon Brown's recipe (brown sugar, candied ginger, peppercorns, allspice berries, a few other ingredients). Took them out of the brine last night and applied a paste of garlic, paprika, cumin, ground pepper, kosher salt, lemon juice, and olive oil. Smoking two at once (you can cook on a bottom and top grill on this thing - pretty cool engineering) with apple wood smoke.

Saw a debate on Facebook about dry brine vs wet brine; have you done both, Boone? I haven't done either. Dry brine involves a salt rub and then wrapping the bird in cheesecloth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I be heard of dry brining but don't know much about it. In a smoker newb but in enjoying learning. There's also a new school if thought that you can do brisket and pulled pork at high temps vs. low and slow with great results. I'm kind if skeptical about that - plus, I kind of enjoy a 12 hour grilling session :)

Late Night Insomni-snack :

scrambled eggs in between thinly sliced roast beef, salt & pepper, on toasted bread, with mayo....mmmm

I suppose a tomato might have made that better......oops, too late for that.....that sucker is goooone....didn't last long at all....

actually 2 of them.

Or some horseradish :)

Kimchi soup w/ egg rolls tonight. Yum.

Doing some ribs on the smoker today. I'm following the below recipe (mostly - I'm genetically incapable of following any 'recipe' in its entirety):

Baby Back Ribs - Best Ribs In The Universe - The Virtual Weber Bullet

They call them BRITU (best ribs in the universe). I'm a little skeptical but we'll see. I have another favorite recipe which has one making homemade BBQ sauce that is just outrageously good. I foresee melding the technique here (love the rolled rib technique) with my that homemade BBQ sauce next time.

Will do a mess of Spanish Rice as a side - just because I like it :)

Made some chicken thigh roll ups with a Spanish Manchego, breadcrumbs and Dijon mustard combo, they were delightful.

Then made Peanut Butter Balls dipped in chocolate for dessert. They were heavenly. :)

Kimchi soup w/ egg rolls tonight. Yum.

Kimchi!? OMG...how in the world do you eat that mess? I can almost smell it from here. All I can say is you must have a cast iron stomach and no sense of smell. :happy:

Made a flank steak last night with a chili powder, brown sugar and... wait for it... cinnamon rub. Then sautéed some onions and reduced a cup of nice Cab Sauvignon, put those on the steak with some gorgonzola and roasted for 5 minutes. Medium Rare perfection.

Had some baby new potatoes, roasted for an hour, then cut open the tops and stuffed with a sour cream and gorgonzola mixture. Terrific as well. The rest of the Cab Sauv went wonderfully well with dinner.

Helped to cut the pain of yesterday's crapfest.

Boone....do you really eat kimchi? Be honest. Every time I think about this it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Boone....do you really eat kimchi? Be honest. Every time I think about this it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Absolutely! I make it and I eat it. It's awesome! Have you tried it?

No, once on a golfing trip to Myrtle Beach a guy in car opened a jar. We threatened to throw him out. The car stunk the 4 days we were there.

Note to self.... if ever eat at Boone's house know the menu first.

You make it.... I worry about you my friend. :happy:

Ms Piggy made Shephard's Pie...

Not what I'm having but what ive been craving lately. Hot ass bowl of chili with crackers, jalapeños and sprinkle of tobasco. Would need a grilled ham n cheese and big glass of sweet tea to back it.

Yeah, I believe if I had to pick one dish I could only eat for the rest of my life, chili would be in the running...

Never had Yaki Mandu Win, what is that?

Got an almost 8 lb bone-in Turkey breast this morning. I mixed up an injection of melted butter and a mix of brown sugar, garlic salt, cayenne, celery salt, black pepper, and paprika and injected the bird. Then did a wet rub (under the skin and on top of it) of brown mustard and olive oil and gave it a good rub down. Covered the wet rub with more of the brown sugar and spices mix. Going to smoke it later today on my Weber bullet (if you don't own one, best purchase you will ever make) with some cherry wood chunks. Making cheesy new white potatoes with goat and asiago cheese and fresh dill to go with it.

Yeah, I believe if I had to pick one dish I could only eat for the rest of my life, chili would be in the running...

Never had Yaki Mandu Win, what is that?

It's basically a mini egg roll/dumpling piece of heaven. Best I had was beef, rice and a hint of cabbage. Let those little bastards marinate in a mini bowl of soy sauce and ud think it was made with angel tears and unicorn semen. More less in the top 3 foods ever created category IMHO.

http://search.yahoo.com/mobile/s?re...&pcarrier=AT&T&pmcc=310&pmnc=410&fr=onesearch

P.S. I spelled it wrong in first post.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.