• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Yeah, I debated whether or not to use two posts, but didn't want to pad my post count.

I figure this is a safe place anyway, right?

Fat ass PLTs. No I did not misspell BLT. A PLT uses prosciutto instead of bacon. Phuck yeah!

I sauteed shrimp, snow peas, broccolini, scallions, garlic cloves, fresh dill, squash,asparagus, zucchini and parmesan. And ate the **** out of it. And it was delicious. I would post pics, but I'm lazy. I put them on facebook because I could do it from my phone :)

Made chili last night. Used Guinness as a base. It rocked.

I will have to give this a try. I made a buffalo & black bean chili that was awesome, but was missing something...maybe a Guiness would have fired it up.

I think I just had the best meal I've ever had. I won some sort of contest at work that I was unaware of, and decided to take Em out for a really nice dinner. It was ridikulus. Artisanal cheese tray to start, the most expensive, wonderful bottle of Cab Franc I've ever had, the best sirloin I've ever had, absurdly good fritte with a horseradish aioli, and a stupendously good lemon cheesecake.

I am so effing full. I lost two pounds this week, and am pretty sure I gained them back tonight.

Totally worth it.

Taking my kids to the Halloween festival at my son's school, so looks like funnel cake for dinner for me tonight :laugh:

The sandwich was sooooooooo good, but the bread is killing me! I will be paying for that all night tonight!

Texas chili (tossed the chopped steak with some of my Tabasco pepper salt beforehand) tonight. To go with it, making some buttermilk cornbread with chopped jalapeno's from my garden and plenty of mexican cheese. Yummy :)

And yeah, real men say 'Yummy'. Trust me.

I have my meatloaf in the oven now, with the secret of mixing brown sugar with the ketchup to put on top of it! Also I have my homemade baked mac and cheese in the oven. I use bacon grease to start the rue for it, then add three crumbled up pieces of bacon to the cheese rue mixture before it is mixed with the noodles. Lastly I top it with crumbled up cheese its! Only about 30 minutes or so left to bake.

I have never, not even once, attempted homemade mac and cheese. But several of you have talked about it and it sounds amazing. May have to give it a try one of these days.

I've eaten dozens of homemade recipes and tried several myself. They all had one thing in common - they sucked :(

For me, the problem is I am a cheeseaholic, and they never seem to taste like cheese. They always taste sour, and it ruins it for me. To this day, the best tasting mac and cheese I've ever had is the stuff at Cheesecake Factory. Super cheesy.

I've eaten dozens of homemade recipes and tried several myself. They all had one thing in common - they sucked :(

For me, the problem is I am a cheeseaholic, and they never seem to taste like cheese. They always taste sour, and it ruins it for me. To this day, the best tasting mac and cheese I've ever had is the stuff at Cheesecake Factory. Super cheesy.

The main thing I think is to make a rue, and melt the cheese in it. I use a pound of extra sharp cheddar when I do it. It is very cheesey

EDIT:
The only things I would say is when mixing the flour and bacon grease is to do it slow and stir the whole time at a low heat. same thing when adding the milk, if not you end up with a big dough ball, I have done this before, it sucks lol. Also use a pound of cheese, and top with cheese its.

photo (12).jpg

Last edited:
I have never, not even once, attempted homemade mac and cheese. But several of you have talked about it and it sounds amazing. May have to give it a try one of these days.

With your culinary talents this is something you definitely need to fix.

BB...bacon makes everything better. Recently I diced some potates (1/2" cubes) and fried them in bacon grease with a little onion. My wife said they were some of best potatoes she ever had. When told her what I used she said no wonder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.