• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Doing some homemade Cincinnati Chili tonight. On my own, my wife and son are in Boone, NC for a band event, but just had a 'hankering' for it. I always feel weird crushing up peppercorns, allspice, cloves, bay leaves, and cinnamon for a chili, and throwing chocolate in the pot as well but damn the finished product makes sense of it all.

And yeah, I'm a 5 way kind of a guy :)

Yeah, I'm kinda alone with liking peas and all. Definitely a side dish and a stand alone vegetable.

Cool weather, heavy downpours all day, and strong winds. So I made pea soup that even pea soup haters love. And it was delicious.

Had an old reliable - Veg burgers, but dropped a bit of Ken's Caesar Salad Dressing (Lite) on both burgers. Sweet peas. Fresh cantaloupe.

Veggie burgers get a bad wrap because most of them suck. I'm one of the most hardcore carnivores I know, but I try all food and give it a fair shot, and I found one brand of veggie burgers that is so damn good, that to this day is the only thing I ever purchased after tasting a free sample at Sam's. They were so damn good, and the jaws dropped when I showed everyone what they were.

It was this brand. And I swear to you, it's worth trying for anyone who doesn't think a veggie burger can be good. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer beef, but these are badass.....

backyard_grilln_burgers_201210.jpg

Those are good - I have some on occasion.

My favorite is Morningstar's Prime Grillers. I put those suckers on flat bread with a sliced tomato, sliced onion, and a few pickles.

Doing a beef roast with vegetables in the crock pot tonight. Rubbed down an inexpensive roast with paprika, mustard, garlic, sage, ground pepper, and some of my red pepper salt. Added 1/2 a coca cola to the mix and some worcestershire sauce and the veggies. Smells good.

Also doing a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

For work on Monday, I'm getting creative. Picked a bunch of Scuppernongs in my backyard today. Halved and de-seeded them and am going to dry them into 'raisins', then make some scuppernong oatmeal cookies with them.

Made gumbo with chicken thighs, shrimp and Chorizo tonight. Andouille woulda been better, but what are you gonna do?

It was amazing.

Made gumbo with chicken thighs, shrimp and Chorizo tonight. Andouille woulda been better, but what are you gonna do?

It was amazing.

It sounds amazing :)

Well, treated the wife to a little something different. Grabbed to Tuna steak at the grocery store. Rubbed them with wasabli and seared them in soy sauce with some butter. Sauteed some spinach and served the tuna some plain white rice. Maybe shoulda thrown a little ginger in that rice.

That sounds like genius. I mean, that's a spicy tuna roll on a massive scale brother :) I might've made the 'base' the spinach, plopped the rice down on that, made an indent in it, and plopped the tuna down on top of that.

Damn, that sounds good!

My dad brought some fresh caught puppy drum and flounder that he caught last night, and I made fish tacos with the flounder and making fish chowder with the puppy drum tomorrow. The tacos were tortillas, flounder seared in fresh lime, garlic, olive oil and pepper, seasoned black beans, brown rice, homemade coleslaw, a sauce I make out of sour cream and chipotle tabasco sauce, shredded queso blanco, and some fried onion pieces. Good ****.

For desert, the kids wanted to try these new taco bell dessert things we saw at the store. One was chocolate taco shells that you put ice cream, fudge sauce and whipped cream on. They were god awful, because the shell was a regular hard yellow corn tortilla with chocolate added. Don't worry, it tastes worse than it sounds.

We also got their cinnamon nacho ice cream dessert that has caramel sauce and toffee bits with it. That **** was pretty decent, like fried ice cream. If anyone is curious, avoid the chocolate taco ones like the plague, they are wretched.

I had cannellini bean salad and catfish for supper. Washed it down with 100% pure blueberry juice.

First of all... the "What's for Dinner" thread is on page 69 for me. Huhhuhuhuhuhuhuhh. That's cool.

Second, it's my 9 year old's birthday today and he wanted macaroni and cheese pizza for dinner. So I made my mac and cheese as described before, then put it on a pizza crust. It rocked. He loved it, had cake and ice cream for dessert. I just wish our beatdown of the Cowgirls would happen a little earlier so we could enjoy it together.

Normally, referencing cunnilingus and your 9 year old's birthday in the same post would be considered 'in poor taste'. But somehow, you make it work. Especially when you bring 'Homemade Mac and Cheese Pizza' into the mix. I can see the parallels now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.