• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Fear - I happened to have a container of *shelled* pumpkin seeds in my cabinet and fried them up with some fresh garlic, olive oil, and some jalapeno salt and fresh pepper...When they were browned (which just took a couple of minutes) I pulled them off and shook them in a couple paper bags for a minute to remove some of the oil. They were fantastic - totally changed the texture and taste. They are even better today (the oil has absorbed and they are just nice and crunchy. Look forward to trying this with some in the shell as well. Try it folks - very easy.

That's interesting, because mine were always un-shelled. Now I'm curious to experience what the shelled taste like.

Since I can't get any of Boone's pulled pork sammiches had to break down and go to Taco Bell.....for shame.

That's interesting, because mine were always un-shelled. Now I'm curious to experience what the shelled taste like.
No - I thought YOU had used shelled. In your pictures they look like the shells are on, but I guess not. I'm sure they'd be good with shells on as well, but I haven't tried that.

Taco Bell is my guilty pleasure. Pulled pork came out really well. I've gotten really good at making slaw to go with them, and traditional NC sauces. I do not own a smoker though. I covet a Big Green Egg badly, but have never worked up the nerve to shell out that kind of cash for one. Yet. Still, even crock pot pulled pork comes out very nice.

I have decided my next reward for a great sales quarter will be the Green Egg. Can't wait.

Tonight I'm making Pot Roast. Browned up a nice roast in a smoking hot dutch oven, removed meat, then added in a white and a yellow onion, 2 sweet red peppers and a couple cloves of garlic. Cooked for about 15 minutes until everything started browning, then added in carrots (3 medium) and de-glazed with 1/2 bottle of Cab Franc. Added in a box of beef broth and 3 medium chopped potatoes, put meat back in, and it's sitting in the oven. Smells fantastic.

Will be having the rest of the Cab Franc with dinner. Can't wait.

Spaghetti. I made a large portion for last night and had some for lunch today. Have more than enough left over for supper tonight. That should cure my crave for spaghetti until sometime next year. Also having a small caesar salad tonight.

Mmm, love me some pot roast. It was delish! Also had some extra Cheesecake from a function we will be at Tuesday that we enjoyed. Wonderful dinner.

Been enjoying our farmer's market lately. Been eating healthy for lunch, going with egg white omelets consisting of veggies from the Market. This morning it was a red onion and feta cheese combo and it was incredible. The feta was goat's milk cheese from a local farmer and it. was. incredible. I am not sure I can go back to the brined stuff. Wow it was so rich and creamy, never had anything like it. And the red onions were amazing too.

Will be making Chili Verde from scratch for the first time tonight. I will post if it turns out well. If it doesn't, we will never speak of it again.

OK. So I bought Tomatillos from the Farmer's Market last weekend because I wanted to try Chile Verde, one of my favorite Mexican dishes. So I roasted the tomatillos along with 3 jalapenos and a cayenne pepper (also from the FM) for 30 minutes-ish. Meanwhile, I browned a pork butt steak (a little more than a pound) on both sides, removed it from the dutch oven, and sweated out some diced peppers and onions. I then added in the roasted tomatillos and peppers and the pork steak, added enough chicken stock to almost cover the pork and let it simmer for about 2.5 hours. I then removed the pork and shredded it, added it back in and cooked it another half an hour. The sauce reduced nicely so it was very thick and the pork was ridiculously tender.

It was fabulous. Seriously fabulous. I would probably leave out the cayenne next time, because of the residual heat (I was still sweating washing the dishes), but everything else was tremendous. My kids ate it all up, and 3 out of 4 of them don't like spicy food.

I will be making this again. Soon. I may cut the heat a little and also put it in a burrito. Lots of possibilities there. Delicious dinner.

That sounds awesome brother. You're turning into quite a cook :)

Thank you. With Em starting her new job, I am trying to pick up some of that slack and cook more. I may be perusing the previous pages in this thread for ideas, we have some amazing cooks here.

Thank you. With Em starting her new job, I am trying to pick up some of that slack and cook more. I may be perusing the previous pages in this thread for ideas, we have some amazing cooks here.

OK, I know sometimes I shouldn't, but...

Estrogen shots kicking in? :rotflmao:

You're the only one laughing.

:)

My boobs are actually shrinking, thank you much. Smaller than they were 6 months ago, anyway.

OK, I know sometimes I shouldn't, but...

Estrogen shots kicking in? :rotflmao:

You're the only one laughing.

:)

My boobs are actually shrinking, thank you much. Smaller than they were 6 months ago, anyway.

Lol, only El would make an estrogen joke in a thread filled with dudes talking about cooking. :) You know what they say about casting the first stone and all.... :D

A little while ago I found a new supplier for jumbo lump crabmeat. I made some cakes with it and they were fantastic, better than any I've ever had outside of the DMV and ones I had in Seattle.

The meat-

The mix-

The cake-

I made Crab Cakes last night, using Salmon instead, and I REALLY wished I had Chris' recipe

Doing Peruvian chicken tonight - brick chicken style. Love this recipe. You butterfly a chicken or two, soak it in some cold water with the juice of 4 lemons for a bit. Meanwhile, make a rub with garlic, paprika, cumin, fresh ground pepper, kosher salt, some wine, some olive oil, and the juice of another lemon. Put the chicken in a gallon ziploc and put in the marinade (if you have time, getting some of it under the skin makes a big difference).

Grill (using brick method preferably, but also works well with beercan chicken method)

This stuff is like crack. Really amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.