• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

My oldest son made Bleu Cheese baked Orange Roughy the other night, while the other son did grilled lamb chops with mint pesto couple nights earlier.

Tonight my turn in the ring. Doing a tequila marinated london broil, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, and grilled zucchini.

Trying a different steak recipe - with some 'flat iron steak' which is just about the only cut I'll buy now - if you haven't tried it, do so...really good cut with incredible flavor but not particularly expensive.

Marinade is 1/4 cup whiskey
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
3 TBSP olive oil
3 TBSP chopped parsley
3 TBSP chopped cilantro
juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic
3 TBSP fresh orange juice

Blenderize into a paste and coat the steak in it. Marinate for how ever long you like :)

When ready to grill, dry off most of marinade, coat steaks with a little olive oil, then rub down with mixture containing coarse salt, fresh ground pepper, Goya Adobe, and Goya Sazon mixes.

Also going to grill some shrimp with some lime juice, garlic, and a little of the rub from above and serve it all up with some asparagus...

That sounds good. Bet it would be good using tequila in place of whiskey.

Well off to Richmond for meetings. We're being taken to Tobacco Co. for dinner tonight. Wish it was Bookbinders.

A simple but tasty lunch today of grilled salmon drizzled with olive oil and lime juice and fried boniato.

Grilled tilapia w/ a seafood rub, steamed broccoli, roasted garlic potatoes washed and garlic bread.

Lest that sound too healthy for some of you, I washed it down with my own home brewed Two Penny Pale Ale.

On a side note, how did this thread drop to page 4?

Good question.

Trying to decide on cedar plank salmon or grilled shrimp kebobs for supper.

Bought some pasilla peppers last night (they're close to ancho or new mex peppers, big green chiles with just a little heat, great for grilling/roasting/stuffing). Made a stuffing with some cottage cheese, mexican shredded cheese, chopped tomato and purple onion, and added some parsley, Adobe, and Sazon spices. Grilled them until the peppers were blistered and the stuffing melting.

Nice :)

Bought some pasilla peppers last night (they're close to ancho or new mex peppers, big green chiles with just a little heat, great for grilling/roasting/stuffing). Made a stuffing with some cottage cheese, mexican shredded cheese, chopped tomato and purple onion, and added some parsley, Adobe, and Sazon spices. Grilled them until the peppers were blistered and the stuffing melting.

Nice :)

Sounds pretty good. I just ate at a Mexican restaurant recently that I have frequented a number of times over the last few months. They have a stuffed poblano that sounds much like what you prepared except for the cottage cheese. They also add their own home-made chorizo.

I must admit, my flavor for Mexican has changed in the last year. A lot of these Tequila Lounge/Fine Mexican dining places are doing some good things. Their cheeses are awesome!

Elephant, have you tried cotija-the grated cheese yet? If you haven't I would suggest it-it has a marvelous musty flavor, between a mild blue like Gorgonzola and the slight sourness of Feta. It goes great sprinkled on a bowl of chili.

Elephant, have you tried cotija-the grated cheese yet? If you haven't I would suggest it-it has a marvelous musty flavor, between a mild blue like Gorgonzola and the slight sourness of Feta. It goes great sprinkled on a bowl of chili.

By name, I can say I don't remember. But the texture and flavor reminds me of something I have had. I love feta, have steered from the blue cheeses a little due to that musty flavor you speak of. My favorites right now are Chihuahua cheese, kind of like a fresh mild cheddar, and Oaxaca, a full flavored stringy cheese that reminds me almost of fresh mozzarella.

I grilled for the first time this season last night. Sure there is still 2 feet of snow on the lawn, but the deck was clear and it was sunny and the temperature got up to 40 degrees, so that was good enough for me. I did have to put some hot water into the bucket that I use to soak my mesquite chunks because they were frozen into a ball.

I thought I would share the marinade I use with steaks:

½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

This is enough for about a pound and a half of meat.

I marinade the steaks all day. I use an old fashion Webber kettle grill and charcoal. I spread the coals on one side of the grill and then sear the steaks for about a minute on each side, take them off the fire and toss a couple of hand fulls of mesquite that had been soaking in water onto the coals. Then I put the steaks back on opposite the coals so they are cooked indirectly, put the lid back on the Webber and basically smoke them.

They usually come out pretty tender.

I washed them down with an Anchor Steam Beer which is excellent. :pint: However, I believe is only available in the west

Tonight is grilled rib-eyes with a red wine shallot butter (home made) and grilled asparagus. Probably wash this one down with a nice cab sav.

I do love this time of year for grilling!

I grilled rib-eyes last night with parmesan encrusted portobello caps.

Doing my habanero/ginger steak tonight on the grill, some mushrooms w/garlic butter, and pouring the first glass of a homebrew keg (british bitter) to wash it down with.

OK...the red wine and shallot butter? ROCKING!! The wife and I killed off all the steak and there was more than we two should have had. Wow.

It's a beer can chicken kind of night here at my house.

Found a great deal on filet mignon at a local farmers market. Just seasoned them with salt and pepper then grilled to medium rare. For a side fixed grilled asparagus and baked potatoes.

My wife and I washed them down with a nice Malbec. The boys had to drink tea.

For Memorial Day...fried soft crabs, grilled french fries, and grilled veggies. One of my sons requested Soft crabs.

Sounds amazing....man, I miss crabs (of all kinds)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.