• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

You know what? Despite loving to cook - the world's most perfect food for me will always be a great hamburger.

I with you. Hard to be a great hamburger.

Calling for dusting - 1 inch of snow here tonight. Think will go to store later and get ingredients for seafood bisque.

I'm not sure how I got to a place where I spend every Friday night alone, cooking for myself, but hey...what are you gonna do? Probably sounds pathetic to most :)

Not at all. One of the things I miss most is going to a movie by myself. When I lived in Tallahassee briefly, finishing up my degree, I knew few people and made only a small handful of friends. So just about every Saturday afternoon I would head over to the theater and watch a movie...or 2 if the mood struck.

As for dinner tonight, I am taking the misses to PF Changs. I am not a huge fan, but it's one of her favorites, so...

Ya'll got me to thinking about burgers. Just got some turkey burgers and buffalo burgers a short time ago. Got enough to last a few weeks. Can't decide which one I want for tonight. Hmmmm.

Will be making burgers either tonight or tomorrow for dinner, and chili the other night. Can't wait!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah...I might have to go the burger route myself tonight. Anyone got a great burger recipe they want to share? :)

Well to heck with PF Changs! I might just have to have another burger! :laugh:

Boone, however you prepare it, try it on an English Muffin. My gramma used to make them for me that way and I still love it to this day. But I don't do it all the time, don't want to spoil it...leave it for special occasions when I miss her.

Speaking of gramma's special treatment when I was a boy. I was one of the rare children who liked spinach. In fact I loved it so much so that when gramma would prepare it for me she would give me a shot glass full of the spinach juice. Mmm...

It's Burger Weekend at BGO. This idea may need its own forum.

Going to try the turkey burgers in a while.

Here's what I'm doing:

Chopped up a handful of mushrooms
Added chopped garlic
Chopped 2 large jalapenos
Added some fresh ground black pepper
Some sea salt
Some Goya Adobe seasoning
Some dried parsley
Some Accent

Worked it all into some nice ground round.

Going to grill them and throw some sharp cheddar slices on them at the end.

Serve with crab/cod chowder from last night.

Oh hells yeah.

Never go to Whole Foods on an empty stomach. They have a really powerful way of sucking you in with their beautiful fresh flowers and fruits and veggies up front, which lead into the amazing meat and fish counter with all kinds of prepped chicken dishes, not to mention the hot food bar at the end of the store.

Ended up buying some chicken thighs which had been dry-rubbed with some kind of BBQ seasoning. Grilled them up and served with baked beans, rice, and roasted brussels w/ pepper.

Yeah, I learned my lesson a long time ago at the Whole Foods Market. Very dangerous for the wallet.

Since it's food-related, here is an interesting food pyramid I came across this week

"The Mediterranean Diet"
[media]http://www.oldwayspt.org/sites/all/files/Med_pyramid_flyer.jpg[/media]

Marinated some salmon in Soy Vey Veri Veri Teriyaki (http://www.soyvay.com/) then grilled it up on the foreman grill. Served w/ rice, pinto beans, and roasted brussels and carrots. Holy ish the soy vey marinades are good! Also recommend their Island Teriyaki.

Chicken spaghetti. Sauce comes from my aunt's secret recipe list.

Last night I mojito-marinated some rockfish, then smoked them with pecan chips on my new best friend - a Charbroil infrared grill. If anyone has ever wondered about the infrared grills, they are excellent. No hot or cold spots, and you've never had anything cooked more perfect. So far I've done ribeyes, pork loin, fish and chicken. Every single one of them came out perfectly tender and evenly cooked, well worth the investment.

Lowes had a $799 one for years that I was completely unwilling and unable to get, but they recently came out with a smaller model for $270, so I jumped on it. Here's the one I got......

Char-Broil-Quantum-Infrared-Urban-Gas-Grill-with-Folding-Side-Shelves-Review-2.jpg

The grilling surface is completely different than anything I've ever used too. I highly recommend it. It's similar to this cross section, but rather than having the black plate shown here, it has a steel plate with thousands of little holes in it......

070525_infrared_hsmall_10a.grid-6x2.jpg

If anyone has been considering one, pull the trigger. You'll be glad you did.

Feeling better, so I'm going to make a roasted potato salad, and fry up some pork chops.

Tuna out of a foil packet, can of sardines, salt/pepper cashews, and a gatorade. What can I say, on-the-road food...

Good to know I'm not the only sardine eatin country boy on the board :D

Although I must say I strongly prefer the mustard ones. For travel food, those bumblebee tuna or chicken salad cans with the crackers are pretty awesome too.

Good to know I'm not the only sardine eatin country boy on the board :D

Although I must say I strongly prefer the mustard ones. For travel food, those bumblebee tuna or chicken salad cans with the crackers are pretty awesome too.

Extreme, count me in the sardine-lovin' membership. My preferences are for the smoked, packed in olive oil and the teeny Portugese sardines as well as packed with evoo and lime juice. I also love smoked oysters and squid packed in its ink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.