• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

That sounds absolutely awesome. Going to give that a try. I love soups and chowders and this sounds right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to be of service. This time of year is my favorite for cooking other than grilling season, because I have come up with so many awesome soups and chilis, and it's the perfect time of year to eat them. I guarantee you it tastes better than it sounds.

If you have a dutch oven, it cooks better in that than it does in a stock pot, because it tends to stick a little in a stock pot, but not to the point that it burns as long as you keep stirring it pretty regular.

Lemon Cilantro Chicken over wild grain rice.
Chop an onion, brown. Chop whole garlic clove, add to browned onion. Chop a 1 bunch of cilantro, add to onoin/Garlic mix. Fry chicken breast pieces(no oil), adding squeezed lemon during cooking. Once Chicken is cooked, add to onion/garlic/cilantro mix.

food.jpg

There are only a handful of cheeses that work at all in this recipe, as I found out the hard way. The absolute best is smoked Gouda. After that, my choices in order would be extra sharp Cheddar, Gruyère, then Havarti. Any other cheese I tried either didn't work at all (the consistency got gritty) or it just sucked.

My personal favorite is using smoked Gouda for the cheese, and cod for the fish. Awesome stuff. I like to add a lot of pepper to mine, but I tone it down for the recipe when I give it to people, because not everyone thinks pepper is as wonderful as I do lol.

Awesome sounding recipe Extreme. While reading the possible cheese list cave-aged Emmenthaler popped into my head as a possibility-I'm going to try this, though, it sounds perfect for this time of year. Thanks for posting it.

Awesome sounding recipe Extreme. While reading the possible cheese list cave-aged Emmenthaler popped into my head as a possibility-I'm going to try this, though, it sounds perfect for this time of year. Thanks for posting it.
You know your cheeses my man, and your hunch is correct, it works great. It just didn't pop into my head, because it's not too common, and it's hard to find unless you're specifically looking for it.

Home made Naan Bread pizza. I guarantee all of you, this will be the single best tasting thing you will ever eat.

Use 1-2 pieces of Naan Bread per person. I make my own, but you can buy it at all higher end grocery stores (not so much at places like Food Lion). If anyone wants the recipe for the bread, it's super simple, and I will gladly provide that info if anyone wants it. Garlic Naan Bread works best with this recipe.

Ingredients:

-Garlic Naan Bread

-Grape or Cherry Tomatoes

-Shredded Mozzarella

-Bruschetta (Trader Joe's and Harris Teeter have the best, but I make my own and can provide that recipe too if anyone wants it. sing the jar stuff saves you about 30 minutes though)

-Fresh Chicken Breast (1 average size piece makes 2-3 pizzas)

-Roasted Red or Yellow Peppers (I use both)

-Fresh Parsley

First things first, grill the chicken breast, then cut them up into strips and set aside. Slice the peppers lengthwise into strips and set aside. Take 5-10 grape tomatoes per pizza, then smash and slice and set aside.

Take out all the Naan Bread you will be using, and set it on a greased cookie sheet. Spread a thin layer of bruschetta on each piece, then top with grilled chicken, sliced peppers and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle mozzarella on top, but not as much as you would for a regular pizza. Make it a thin layer, but not too thin. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of parsley on top of each piece.

Throw the pizza in the oven on 425 degrees for about 5 minutes (preheat it first) or until the cheese has started melting but not brown.

Eat, rinse, repeat until you can't eat anymore.

I got bored and came up with this the other night, and have made it twice since. To say it's good is such an understatement. It would be like saying breathing is ok.

Pizza sounds good! I'm making wings w/ cajun "fries" tonight.
That's awesome, I love anything even remotely resembling Cajun food. A longtime family friend is Cajun and grew up in the bayou before moving here, and he made the best food. He even had things in his fridge I didn't know existed before like Cajun mayo, mustard and ketchup lol.

It's a haunt night so Subway is on the menu...

Gonna grill some Hoisin marinated duck breasts, artichokes, and mussel salad on the side.

Boone, seriously? You really think you can get away with just saying something like that and not posting the recipe? :laugh:

No recipes really involved. Mussel salad is store-bought (basically just mussel meat in vinegar and spices), artichokes are prepared the usual way (leaves trimmed) and blanched for 20 minutes in boil-temp salted water, then brushed with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic mix and grilled. Duck breasts I just trimmed off the fat, marinated in a mix of soy sauce, couple tablespoons of Hoisin sauce, garlic, black pepper, a bit of olive oil, and 1/4 cup or so of fresh orange juice. I don't do Duck often, so kind of winging it on that front.

Sounds like Boone is celebrating a certain victory that happened a short time ago. :)

I'm going to celebrate it by making a nice Mexican salad and steamed shrimp for an appetizer.

Haha, this is a UVA-heavy page!

Tonight I am making some quesadillas that I've made once before. Last time they were pretty freaking awesome, so I hope they turn out as good this time around :)

Well, made steak tonight. Yes, on a Monday. Meant to do it yesterday, but time got away from me. Wife made baked potatos that were awesome as well. She cut the top off and scooped them out once they were cooked, then added cheese and bacon with a little courcream back to the potatoes. Man they were good.

But the Star of the show was definitely the steak. Cooked to perfection, if I do say so myself. Perfect Medium Rare, absolutely juicy and tender. No steak sauce in this house!

Dinner.jpg

I love a good ribeye (that's what those are, unless I'm mistaken) - definitely my favorite cut. And I agree that medium-rare is the perfect temp for them!

You are correct sir. Beautiful cut of beef, along with the porterhouse, my favorites.

Got some Guinness beef stew cooking in the crock pot. Can't wait to get home and have it waiting for me with some garlic bread :)

I made some bangin' quesadillas last night. I'll have to post the recipe when I get home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.