• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Well, trying out the new custom bb [map][/map] codes I installed today, this might help :)

Last edited:
Now that the state of Virginia finally lowered it's Flounder size restrictions to semi-normal limits again, we finally caught some legal Flounder. Then when they quit biting, the Sandbar Sharks started hitting. So for dinner, we had Flounder fillets sauteed in garlic, butter and lime juice, with parsley on top. I cut the shark into nuggets and fried them up and it was all crazy ass good.

I loved that my son, who is the pickiest eater on the planet, devoured about 10 of the shark nuggets. In his words, because eating shark is something tough guys do :laugh: I guess we all have a little Chuck Norris in us :D

3 lbs of brisket on the grill here (after checking to make sure the propane hose was in better shape than Boone's!). Covered it in yellow mustard and then rubbed it down with some spices. Internal temp is approaching 160 now. When it gets there I will pull off, baste it in it's own juices, wrap in aluminum foil and put it back on till it hits 190 or so.

<checks Mapquest - screw it, checks Priceline>

Save me some if I get there late tonight, Neo?

:D

Made a Boboli pizza last night (LOVE those things) that was out of this world:
Fontina, Gruyere & Mozzarella cheeses
Roma Tomatoes
Boar's Head Pepperoni
Sauteed onions & garlic (in olive oil)
Fresh basil
Boboli pizza sauce

So amazing.

Coming off a gastronomical orgy yesterday - 2 bushels of jumbo Maryland Blue Crabs shipped live to my Dad's house in NC. Lost just a few in transit. 12 of us damn near finished them (we are some crab-loving fiends).

Tonight just doing some simple turkey burgers with pepper jack cheese on the grill. And settling in for the season finale of 'Falling Skies' :)

Saturday night we fried a dozen soft crabs and steamed 50 little neck clams. These soft crabs were fresh and I cleaned them just before supper. A friend of mine is a crabber and sheds his own crabs.

Boone...can't go wrong with blue crabs.

Quickie dinner tonight.... stuffed flank steak, yellow potatoes roasted with garlic and oregano, and blanched broccoli as side dishes.

I'm trying blue cheese instead of feta in the stuffing

Mid rare burgers stuffed with bleu cheese, smothered in sauteed onions and mushrooms, topped with avocado and shredded lettuce, on a toasted ciabatta bun. Just finished eating, and it was awesome. I only make these a few times a year, but I think I need to go to at least once a week :D

Been smoking two chickens all afternoon, looking fantastic... also made potato salad this afternoon with bacon and eggs (makes a big difference - also, try roasting the potatoes instead of boiling them, concentrates the flavors), and the wifey made pasta salad.

Went to the Mennonite Bakery up the way and got homemade Molassas Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies and a Peanut Butter pie.

I may be watching the game from the hospital. Send cards.

Cold smoking? I don't want to tell you your business, but chickens shouldn't take more than a couple hours in the smoker. :)

Cold smoking? I don't want to tell you your business, but chickens shouldn't take more than a couple hours in the smoker. :)

Yeah, I keep the temp really low. Really low. Like +/- 200 degrees when possible. That really infuses the meat with good flavor and the meat just falls off the bone. No sauce needed here!

Yeah, I keep the temp really low. Really low. Like +/- 200 degrees when possible. That really infuses the meat with good flavor and the meat just falls off the bone. No sauce needed here!

Awesome! I'm salivating thinking about it. :)

Doing some teriyaki ribeyes and portabellos on the grill.

We seriously need to have a BGO cook-off sometime. How much fun would that be?

And Texas is so conveniently central to the U.S. Plus Neo lives here. Plus I have a pool.

Peruvian Chicken

This is just too damn good not to share. I do this 'beer can chicken' style, but that's the only similarity.

I strongly urge you to try it :)

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
4 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons white wine
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
juice of 1 lemon
1 quart cold water
Preparation:
Combine vinegar, wine, oil with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to form a paste. Add lemon juice to cold water. Trim chicken of any excess or loose fat. Wash chicken thoroughly with lemon water. Place chicken in zip-top bag. Pour spice paste over chicken. Coat chicken completely with mixture rubbing into every surface. Try to get the paste under the skin as much as possible.

Seal bag and place chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The chicken will have more flavor the longer it "marinates" in the spice mixture. Do not refrigerate more than 24 hours however.

Preheat grill and prepare rotisserie. Place chicken on rotisserie and on the grill for approximately 1 1/2 hours at a temperature around 300 degrees F. (150 degrees C.) Test chicken for doneness by measure in the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh. Chicken is done at 165 degrees F. (75 degrees C.).

This chicken is frequently served with dipping sauce. A simple version of this sauce is made from combining 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons lime juice

Damn Boone, that sounds amazing. I just happened to have purchased a rotissere attachment that sounds like it would be perfect. After my trip to Kroger this morning, I don't think my wife will let me go back until next week, but I may just try that then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.