• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Grilled some lamb chops last night, topped them with some homemade chimichurri. On the side, a garden salad and broccoli cooked on the grill wrapped in aluminum foil with olive oil, garlic, smoked salt & pepper, and red chili flakes.

Look at the beautiful grill marks on these suckers: http://twitpic.com/5241mo

Grilled some lamb chops last night, topped them with some homemade chimichurri. On the side, a garden salad and broccoli cooked on the grill wrapped in aluminum foil with olive oil, garlic, smoked salt & pepper, and red chili flakes.

Look at the beautiful grill marks on these suckers: http://twitpic.com/5241mo
Awesome, I'm salivating :D

Last night before the storm, we went out and caught 76 blue crabs in less than 2 hours. Then we came home, I steamed them up with some old bay, red potatoes and lemons, and we feasted.

My hands are all cut to ****, but worth it :laugh: Blue crab is why I will never move away from the bay. You Louisianans can shove your filthy crawdads up your ass lol.

I love a good crawfish burl, but I agree - nothing beats Maryland Blue Crabs. Nothing!

I've started noticing that more and more with certain meats.

To me, bluefish is completely inedible unless it's smoked. When it's smoked, it's awesome. After a night in the fridge though, they taste so good they make you wanna slap your mama :D

Ordered some fresh wild caught alligator tenderloins today. Can't wait till they come in, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

For anyone who hasn't had it before, it's easily one of the better tasting meats you could eat IMHO. Nowhere near as weird as you would expect. To me, it tastes like a cross between rabbit and chicken, and doesn't have any weird tastes that most wild animals tend to have.

Ordered some fresh wild caught alligator tenderloins today. Can't wait till they come in, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I love gator. As you say, it doesn't have a gamy taste. My favorite is blackened steak.

Went camping back in March, and the meal was gator nuggets, frogs legs, stump knockers (pan fish), and hush puppies. All the frogs legs and gator was less then a week old, and the fish caught that day. My buddy Fuzzy lives minutes from Okeechobee, has a kick azz air boat, and supplied all the vittles.

I love gator. As you say, it doesn't have a gamy taste. My favorite is blackened steak.

Went camping back in March, and the meal was gator nuggets, frogs legs, stump knockers (pan fish), and hush puppies. All the frogs legs and gator was less then a week old, and the fish caught that day. My buddy Fuzzy lives minutes from Okeechobee, has a kick azz air boat, and supplied all the vittles.
That's awesome, sounds like a good time for real. I wish I was able to get some fresh out of the water gator, but not too much of a shot of that happening here :laugh:

I was glad to find a place that supplied wild caught gator instead of that nasty farm raised crap everyone sells. Farm raised food is just horrible tasting. Anyone who says they can't tell the difference in farm raised and wild caught, has never eaten wild caught.

Grilling some artichokes, eggplant (asian style), and throwing a few steaks on the barbie as well. And I'm only cooking for me :) That's how I roll these days.

I bought some alligator meat a couple years ago - stir fried it and it was good. Be curious to know the best way to prepare it and where you ordered it from Extreme?

Yellowfin Tuna steaks. Grilled asparagus. Small mexican salad. Green tea to wash it down.

Grilling some artichokes, eggplant (asian style), and throwing a few steaks on the barbie as well. And I'm only cooking for me :) That's how I roll these days.

I bought some alligator meat a couple years ago - stir fried it and it was good. Be curious to know the best way to prepare it and where you ordered it from Extreme?
http://www.lintonseafood.com/alligator_meat_s/29.htm
This is a site I forgot about that I ordered from a while back....
http://www.lacrawfish.com/Alligator-Meat-1-LB-P185.aspx

I steak up the tail tenderloins, marinate them in my homemade hot sauce made only from what I grow, then I throw them on the grill and baste them with a butter and lime juice mixture. Absolutely awesome if you like gator.

I am actually curious if anyone here has ever had farm raised gator, and how it compares to wild caught. The reason I ask, is because I can't stomach the taste of farm raised fish or shrimp, because it literally tastes like it's spoiled garbage to me. I have read a lot of review online where people say the farm raised gator is good, but I also know people who love farm raised shrimp and fish, so I don't want to chance it until I can find someone who hates the taste of most farm raised meat but likes farm raised gator.

Farm raised is just sooooo much cheaper and easier to come by, that's why I'm debating on just saying screw it and giving it a try.

Last edited:
Just grilled out some taco burgers (homemade taco seasoning mixed in with a splash of worchestershire sauce and bread crumbs), topped with homemade guacamole. Good stuff!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Hotter than hell here in NC....so made some gazpacho and grilled some drumsticks with a homemade cherry-based BBQ sauce. Not bad, but a little sweet for my tastes.

Marinated a pork loin in a homemade teriyaki sauce all day, then grilled it to perfection (modesty not my strong suit, sorry).

Roasted some potatoes, added some hard boiled eggs and bacon and made a lovely potato salad.

Knocked it out of the park, frankly. Wife giving me amorous eyes during dinner, telling me how great everything was. Now I'm worried she ate too much. Sort of groaning on the sofa now...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Something interesting happened today. I decided to go crabbing/fishing for a while with the kids. We didn't catch a single one of either, but somehow we managed to catch 22 squid, about 6-8 inches long not including the head. In all my life, I have never caught squid or seen it caught, I really didn't know it was possible from a pier.

So tonight, it's fresh calamari with green beans and onions from the garden, and homemade hush puppies. Damn good eatin tonight :D

Since I nearly got 'blowed up' with a melted gas line on my new Weber grill, and am waiting for them to send me a free replacement, have to satisfy the creative cooking urge gasp! indoors.

So tonight we're doing a nice roast with red potatoes, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, and onions. Roast is marinating in some merlot, fresh garlic, bay leaves, parsley, couple of dried hot peppers, salt, pepper, and a little worcestershire sauce.

Gonna sear that thing in a bit, then put it in a broiling pan in the center of all those cut veggies, cover with the wine marinade, reynolds wrap that bad boy up, and bake for 90 minutes or so.

<Checks Google Maps>

Greensboro only about 4 hours away, Boone. If I leave now, save me a little?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.