• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

About ready to throw them on the grill - and don't worry - I'll let you know what I think :)

Just took a pork shoulder out of the smoker for lunch. Perfection! It's internal temperature is 185 degrees right now. Wrapping it in foil, letting it sit for an hour and a half. Will be grilling up some veggies soon, peppers, onions and asparagus.

So this isn't for dinner, but lunch counts, right? My six year old son has his first baseball game today at noon, so we are eating early.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I did some turkey burgers on the grill last night. Huge burgers, topped with some barbecue sauce and melted pepper jack cheese at the end. Grilled zucchini as a side. Pretty damn good :)

I just grilled up some killer Chicago style dogs for lunch. Couldn't have turned out better, they were on point.

Last night did grilled tuna vera cruz, grilled asparagus, and saffron rice. Washed it down with St. George's IPA

I think I'm finally ready to eat something after the first of the month trip to Philly for my monthly medical stuff.

Bah.

Well, last night when I went down to my mother's house to grab my dog, she's doggy day care, I smelled something delicious cooking but didn't have to to inspect. So tonight with my fiance on a gig, I raided mom's fridge.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

I haven't had it in a while, but my mommy cooked her pot roast and it is the best!
:mmm:

About to be alone in the house, but grilling later nevertheless...

In the mood for burgers tonight - trying something different. Cooked up a lb of bacon and crumbled it. Diced up some fresh mushrooms. Ditto a couple of home grown pickled jalapeno's from the garden last year. Going to mix all that in with my ground beef, along with some shredded cheddar. Expecting that to result in a pretty interesting burger :)

I'm also going to do some skewered fresh shrimp on the grill. About to start prepping those - thinking I'll marinade the shrimp in a mix of some of the bacon grease I just produced, some lime juice, garlic, and ginger, and a little salt/pepper.

All topped off with some tater tots and a Dos Equis. A guy alone on a Saturday night could do worse.

I'm also going to do some skewered fresh shrimp on the grill. About to start prepping those - thinking I'll marinade the shrimp in a mix of some of the bacon grease I just produced, some lime juice, garlic, and ginger, and a little salt/pepper.

I'm interested in knowing how these turn out. I've never thought of marinating with bacon grease.

I also added some chili-garlic sauce, a dash of sesame oil, and a tablespoon or so of soy sauce...smells good...

What made me think of using the bacon grease was the number of grilled seafood appetizers I've seen where you wrap shrimp, scallops, or other seafood in bacon before it goes on the grill. That always struck me as a pain in the ass.

I also added some chili-garlic sauce, a dash of sesame oil, and a tablespoon or so of soy sauce...smells good...

What made me think of using the bacon grease was the number of grilled seafood appetizers I've seen where you wrap shrimp, scallops, or other seafood in bacon before it goes on the grill. That always struck me as a pain in the ass.

Well, I think that it's a brilliant idea. :)

The chili addition is good. I'm a big fan of the chili/lime combination.

I'm really not a 'recipe guy'. If I'm trying something totally new, I might follow one, but I think most good cooks recognize certain flavors go together, and take it from there.

I'm really not a 'recipe guy'. If I'm trying something totally new, I might follow one, but I think most good cooks recognize certain flavors go together, and take it from there.

Well that is quite a fusion thing going on there. Bacon/garlic, chili/lime, sesame oil/soy/ginger.

I suggest you give it a name for your own nouveau cuisine.

Anyway, I'm out the door for some veal parm, a romaine/bleu cheese/black tapenade olive salad, and a glass or two of chianti.

Enjoy your feast!

Pretty damn good...then again - it's hard to screw up grilled shrimp in my opinion :)

Doing Peruvian Chicken - done 'beer can chicken'-style on the grill.

Easy and very, very tasty.
Basically, you take a whole chicken and wash/soak it in ice water with the juice of 2-3 fresh lemons. While it soaks, combine the following to make a paste:

4 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons white wine
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons paprika (I use smoked paprika)
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Drain the chicken and put it in a gallon ziplock bag. Add the paste and seal the bag. Knead until the entire chicken is coated with the paste. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but overnight is even better.

Grill (either beer can-style or using a rotisserie) on indirect medium heat (shoot for 300 degrees) for 90 minutes. Check midway through - if the chicken is sufficiently browned by then, you may want to cover the chicken with foil to avoid excessive browning.

This is my new favorite chicken recipe. You won't go back to rotisserie rubs after you try this :)

I'm going to grill some zucchini spears marinated with some italian dressing as a side.

Winning.

Made these last night, along with some berry cobbler the gf made. Amazing!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-fajitas-recipe/index.html
As much as I'm not a fan of Mexican food (my old boss paid for lunch 5 days a week for 12 years and it was almost always Mexican) I think I could eat good chicken fajitas every day. When it's made right, it's one of the best meals around. Never cared too much for steak fajitas though oddly enough.

Cobbler is killer, I tend to eat it hot with vanilla ice cream until I explode.

I recommend that recipe - the only thing I will change next time is to add more heat to the marinade.

I've just put my order in for some soft crabs. This weekend will fix some fried and grilled soft crabs. Can't wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.