• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Florentine fettucini with broccoli and shrimp in a pesto sauce. Quick and easy.

Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeños. Blue cheese potato gratin. Texas Toast.

Delish!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just got some Flavors soul food, Pork BBQ and some suicide wings.

Just put some ribs in, and my first side of bacon! Smoking away, should make for a good dinner tonight.

Tried this vietnamese 'shrimp pop' thing from the weber.com site last night. basically, you grind up raw shrimp with some pork, basil, garlic, pepper, and breadcrumbs, and form it into croquettes. You chill the croquettes and then put them on skewers and grill. I'm not entirely sold on them - there was too little shrimp taste, and too much pork flavor for my liking. But the dipping sauce was killer (cocunut milk with peanut butter, lime juice and zest, fresh ginger, a little soy sauce). My daughter suggested we grill whole shrimp next time with some of those flavors and use the sauce for dipping. I think she's right - that would be very nice.

Sounds interesting Boone, might have to try that sometime. I'll check out the weber site. I myself have been having a pot roast cooking since yesterday, so damn tender and good. Love it.

I have been ill for the last two days. Thinking I can keep something down now - maybe a small sandwich.

They opened up a new authentic Italian restaurant in my hometown. Tonight it was veal saltimbocco with a side of cheese raviolis topped with the best vodka sauce I have ever had. When I ordered it I was a little concerned about the contrast, but it was spectacular!

Trying some beef kalbi tonight. We'll see how it turns out.

Grilled chicken and vegetables last night - I should have my own cooking show. Bobby Flay ain't got SHHH on me!

Went to Panera. Greek salad with chicken + steak chili + apple. Bummer though because they don't put the cornbread in the chili when you get it to go :(

I got to get the tent put back up on my deck. With all this rain haven't been able to do as much grilling as would like.

Grill night! Making burgers (ground beef, wshire sauce, egg, bread crumbs, seasonings to taste), and veggies on the grill. Wife making some coleslaw to go with.

I love to cook, I'm surprised I didn't find this thread earlier. I've been cooking since I was 9 years old, I was just always fascinated with it. As a result, I've learned how to cook great, and how not to do things.

Today, my dad brought home some fresh Tautog that he caught. I marinated it for 6 hours in a mixture of fresh lemon juice, soy sauce, freshly minced garlic and olive oil (pure olive oil, not that extra virgin pansy bull**** that Rachel Ray has all the people that don't know better convinced is the way to go - that **** tastes like plastic and doesn't have the beneficial part of olive oil in it anymore). Then I pan seared it in some butter and fresh basil.

For sides, I baked some sweet potatoes and steamed some broccoli that I've been growing in a hot house all winter. Nothing better than a completely fresh dinner, I absolutely love it.

I love to cook, I'm surprised I didn't find this thread earlier. I've been cooking since I was 9 years old, I was just always fascinated with it. As a result, I've learned how to cook great, and how not to do things.

Today, my dad brought home some fresh Tautog that he caught. I marinated it for 6 hours in a mixture of fresh lemon juice, soy sauce, freshly minced garlic and olive oil (pure olive oil, not that extra virgin pansy bull**** that Rachel Ray has all the people that don't know better convinced is the way to go - that **** tastes like plastic and doesn't have the beneficial part of olive oil in it anymore). Then I pan seared it in some butter and fresh basil.

For sides, I baked some sweet potatoes and steamed some broccoli that I've been growing in a hot house all winter. Nothing better than a completely fresh dinner, I absolutely love it.

Extra virgin is the first press of olive oil and the highest quality there is; I think you may be confusing it with something else. The first press has the most oil in it, meaning its the strongest flavor of all the grades of olive oil.

And according to Wiki, "Pure Olive Oil" is generally a blend of virgin and refined olives oils, meaning it isn't pure at all. :)

Kansas-style ribs, on the grill 4 hours at 200 degrees. Rubbed down with a traditional rub, homemade bbq sauce on the stove and ready for basting the last 30 minutes...

Going to try Extreme's grilled Romaine hearts as a side :)

Kansas-style ribs, on the grill 4 hours at 200 degrees. Rubbed down with a traditional rub, homemade bbq sauce on the stove and ready for basting the last 30 minutes...

Going to try Extreme's grilled Romaine hearts as a side :)
Let me know what you think. I have even converted lettuce haters with this recipe, I can't grill without it anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.