• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Damn...I just don't live close enough to Boone. That is all there is too it.

You got that right. We could damn near be soulmates :)

Chicken Breast dipped in sweet/sour sauce.
Green beans.
Cole slaw.
Tea.

Boone, my wife says you could move from computer friend to real friend if you keep that up and invite us to dinner sometime.

She likes the sound of you, I guess. :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

What's not to like? :)
Tell her I kinda dig her husband...in a politically-correct, non-sexual, non-threatening kind of a way.

Settle down. Let's not piss Neo off in the food thread too. :)

Kidding Neo! Kidding!

Oh, I should add we went to Maggiano's for dinner. Did the family style dining and now have a fridge full of leftovers. Lord they give you a lot of food.

Settle down. Let's not piss Neo off in the food thread too. :)

Kidding Neo! Kidding!

The scary thing is that I wasn't pissed off in the other thread either. :)

Made Chicken w/ Penne Pasta for me and the Misses tonight. It turned out rather delish!

Doing it up tonight.

Cooking rack of lamb on the grill as follows:

Grilled Rack of Lamb w/Mango Chutney

Rub rack of lamb with kosher salt/fresh ground pepper and refrigerate.

Prepare mango chutney as follows:

Combine 1-2 cups diced fresh mango
Tablespoon minced garlic
Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1-2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
Tablespoon lemon juice
Pinch of kosher salt
Chili garlic paste (find in oriental section of grocery store) to taste

Grill rack of lamb, serve mango chutney on the side as topping/condiment.

Side dish is Asian Grilled Eggplant as follows:

Slice ichiban (or other slender variety) eggplant lengthwise. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Grill until well cooked and skin blistered.

Drizzle with marinade made with:
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
Chopped cilantro leaves

Looking forward to this meal. The lamb recipe is new. The asian eggplant recipe is a repeat (and wonderful - I urge you to try it, especially if you 'don't like' eggplant).

Mmmmm...mango chutney! When I lived in South Florida we had a mango tree in our back yard. Every year we would have thousands of mangoes and we would slice and freeze as many as we could, usually giving away boxes of them to the restaurants I worked.

You name it, we tried it with mango! The mangoes from our tree were so good, I never tired of them. Mid-May was the best time of year down there!

Chili with the beer base has been simmering for about half an hour now. Can't wait!

Trying my first brisket in the smoker today. Temp is just over 180, according to everything online, perfection! Can't wait to try it!

Cooked up some locally-grown collards earlier (with (gasp) a little fatback as required in this region. Making some Cincinnati Chili for the main course. I don't often get a craving for it, but today just sounded perfect...

Ingredients:1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1 bay leaf
1/2 (1 ounce) square unsweetened
chocolate
2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Add beef, in batches if necessary, and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned.
3. Add chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, chocolate, beef broth, tomato sauce, cider vinegar, and red pepper. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. It is the best if you now refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove the bay leaf. Reheat gently over medium heat. Serve over hot, drained spaghetti. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Made a chicken and penne pasta dish tonight. Roasted some red, yellow and orange peppers, sauteed some onions and garlic in olive oil, added some tomato sauce and chunks of fresh chicken breast and tossed it over some penne. Not bad, needed a little more flavor, just not sure what I should have added. I did add a touch of salt at the table which helped, but still just a little bland with all that garlic and the roasted peppers.

Sounds good El, did you consider Fresh grated Parm? You also could consider some lemon zest, which would brighten up everything.

Julienne salad with all the fixins'. Green tea to wash it down.

So, I bought some frozen Ahi Tuna steaks from Sam's Club. I knew going in it was not going to be sushi grade but I figured a nice medium tuna steak would be good. They were average. So I am stuck with 7 more tuna steaks, paid very little so I wasn't bummed. I knew I could always make tuna salad out of them. Well, I finally got around to it tonight. One of the best tuna salad sandwiches I have had in a while.

Cooked the ahi tuna well and chopped it up.
added some chopped onions
chopped up 2 dill pickles
mayo
and a touch of honey mustard, just a tad for flavor

It was delicious.

Made homemade meatballs with a Sherry sauce Tues which was very good. Had leftover BBQ from my smoked pork shoulder Monday. Last night I took some chicken breasts, pounded them thin, then rolled them around some peppers, onions and cheese, then wrapped bacon around them. Pretty damned good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.