• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Since it was cold I decided to make Chewy's Chicken Tortilla Soup. My son made some cornbread as a side.

We are having pulled pork tonight. The boston butt has been in for three hours so far, about three more to go.

Great minds and all that, I made the same thing. I put on a rub Saturday and let it sit overnight, then seared it Sunday morning, added it to a pot with some Coke, water and onions and let it slow cook for about six hours. Pulled it apart and added the sauce and let it cook about an hour more.

Yummmm....

The family enjoyed it last night, and we're having it again tonight. I made so much that I'll probably be eating it all week, at least as leftovers for lunch.

Doing some stuffed eggplant tonight. Stuffing includes ground beef, garlic, celery, red sweet pepper, onion, fresh chopped parsley & basil, breadcrumbs, and eggplant meat. Will be topped with chopped tomato and parmesan/romano mix, then baked. Smells amazing so far, although despite being a big fan of eggplant (I love to grill it the ichiban type with a teriyaki marinade), I've never done the traditional stuffed recipe.

I'm marinating back ribs overnight for tomorrow's dinner. The marinade is brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chopped fresh garlic, chopped fresh ginger, and crushed red pepper.

Sounds nice Chris! I always worry about using brown sugar in marinades because it can burn so easily once on the grill...but maybe I'm just not doing it right :)

Sesame oil is so underrated. I swear, to my taste buds, it's the elixir of the Gods!

Grilled out burgers tonight. 70/30 ground beef, one egg, Panko bread crumbs, whatever spices I feel like, and a touch of parmesan cheese. Ended up quite well, added some white cheddar cheese for the top, and i fried an egg for my burger. The egg was nice and runny, wonderful all the way through. Wife made French fries and Cole slaw, good eats.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Sounds nice Chris! I always worry about using brown sugar in marinades because it can burn so easily once on the grill...but maybe I'm just not doing it right :)

Sesame oil is so underrated. I swear, to my taste buds, it's the elixir of the Gods!

This is actually a recipe that I found in Saveur magazine for Hawaiian-style Kalbi (Korean barbecue short ribs). They are roasted in the oven in high heat (450º). The marinade is reduced to a syrup while the ribs are roasting and it is brushed over the meat during the final 20 minutes of cooking. I've used this recipe 3-4 times previously and everyone loves them, a great salty/sweet combination!

Grilled out burgers tonight. 70/30 ground beef, one egg, Panko bread crumbs, whatever spices I feel like, and a touch of parmesan cheese. Ended up quite well, added some white cheddar cheese for the top, and i fried an egg for my burger. The egg was nice and runny, wonderful all the way through. Wife made French fries and Cole slaw, good eats.

That sounds delicious! I love the fried egg addition, a runny yoke makes everything better. :)

Gotcha Chris - that's the technique I usually use - sounds tasty!

That sounds delicious! I love the fried egg addition, a runny yoke makes everything better. :)

yeah, I love a good sunny side up or over easy egg where the yolk is still runny. The wife is making corn beef hash and eggs for lunch today, love it on toast, with the runny egg.

You should try it oa burger sometime, little slice of heaven!

Having leftover chili for dinner tonight from the batch I made two weeks ago. The wife froze it, and i can't wait!

So what's everyone making for the Super Bowl next weekend? I'm considering a Beer Cheese soup from GB, but got nothing from Pitt, aside from Klondike Bars. Any suggestions?

We like to have one item from each representative city, and then other fun stuff. Might be wings this year, been a while. Recommendations are welcome!

I'm going to a party with neighbors and am required to bring an item that represents the area of my team.

I'm taking peel and eat shrimp boiled in vinegar and Old Bay with my homemade cocktail sauce that is horseradish heavy.

Having pork tenderloin that was marinated in crushed pineapple, soy sauce and ginger.

Cannot believe we don't have a 'Super Bowl Menu' thread going...

So what's going on the halftime table gents?

I'm doing 5 layer tex mex dip and chips, and two kinds of wings (traditional buffalo style and a homemade teriyaki with soy, sesame oil/seeds, lime, ginger, splash of OJ, ginger, garlic, and a dash of rooster sauce). Wife did some pimento cheese sandwiches and deviled eggs to finish things off.

Alaskan King Crab Legs! Mmmmmm.....

I did 3 degrees of wings and kicked up tater tots. For tater tots mix in bowl with parsley, garlic, and parmesan cheese.

I made hummus for the first time for the superbowl - man is that easy to do! Recipe:

1 can garbanzo beans drained (save 1/4 cup of juice from can)
2T olive oil
3-5T lemon juice
2 cloves garlic crushed
1.5T tahini
1/2t salt

combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend on low until smooth. delicious! We added some roasted red peppers to a batch for extra flavor, and it worked great.

the tahini makes all the difference, I add some red chili flakes or some habaneros for some kick.

tonight im making a home made chicken pot pie to use up some leftover chicken breastses, making a bechamel have the mirepoix already chopped, and making my grammas ridiculous pie crust.

Red chili flakes sounds like a good addition, thanks Ry!

Last night I made spaghetti-squash & meat sauce (w/ ground dark meat turkey). I just buy a pre-made sauce b/c I'm lazy, and sautee mushrooms, onions & garlic and add it to the simmering sauce. If you haven't tried spaghetti-squash in place of pasta yet, I really like it. Its sweeter than pasta, but adds a very nice flavor. Topped it off with some ground reggiano, of course. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.