• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

d193105529b7db6a493c0b8a05005d4a.jpg
b290b01c6a981ff2b214d66a4f70490b.jpg

Came out pretty good for first attempt. Gonna use a thinner crust next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those pizzas look legit.

I made a quinoa stew the other night. sauteed onions (I used red, but whatever you want would be fine), added in a jalapeno and then 3/4 cup of quinoa, a can of coconut milk and one chopped sweet potato. Really good Monday night, but I just had leftovers for lunch and they were even better.

Pizza looks great other than the one with onions, aka "Satan's testicles"

I made a bomb ass caribou stew last night.

Had around 5 lbs of caribou roast with 2 packs of pot roast season packs added in with 2.5 cups of water. Used about 5 beef bullion's, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, celery salt, Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning and a few others sprinkled in.

Baked it on 350 covered in foil for an hour, pulled the roast out and diced it to dime size pieces then stirred the rue around before re-baking for another hour. Pulled one more time to add a bag of egg noodles, recovered and baked another 30 minutes. Meat was tender and i pulled off a Forrest Gump on seasonings by lucking into a quality mix. The bou was submerged in the sauce for the last hour or so.

after 2-1/2 hours baking Rachel Ray would ask me to host her show after tasting it!

Crock pot stew today. Put a layer of sliced onions on the bottom, added a previously smoked brisket and some leftover tri-tip on top of that. Surrounded the meat with 2 kinds of fresh button mushrooms. Added carrots, celery, green beans, some small sweet peppers, cabbage, new potatoes, and fresh parsley. Covered with a can of diced tomatoes, and a mix of beef stock and onion soup mix.

Gonna let it go on high for 3 hours, then reduce to low and let simmer all day. Serving with french bread.

Going to take the Tequila-Lime chicken thighs I did on the grill last night, slice them up, and use for burritos tonight. The wife gets all turned on when I'm frugal like that.

Doing some pork spareribs, one rack based on a Myron Mixon recipe, the other a Johnny Trigg version (yeah, been watching BBQ Pitmasters this a.m.). A little olive oil then dusted both with a mix of storebought rubs...

976c1c6c0493967d488cdbe55df54c9e.jpg

411ce7963f5dfd74e71c54d9d4f63942.jpg

Gonna do 3-2-1 method with both. The Mixon rack will get sauced the last hour with a sauce made of vinegar-based BBQ sauce, hickory BBQ sauce, ketchup, Caro syrup, and peach preserves.

The Trigg one will get sauced as soon as it goes in the foil with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, Squeeze Parkay, and honey.

Can't wait to see how these turn out.

I know we've got to have some Super Bowl dinners and/or appetizers in progress...what's everyone doing?

It's just the wife and I today, so we'll likely have leftovers for actual dinner (I did a marinated flank steak with chimichurri sauce yesterday for burritos today), but I am going to be doing 2 kinds of wings this afternoon on the Big Green Egg, Bourbon and soy sauce brined wings, and some Honey-Sriracha-lime wings.

Anyone else cooking today?

How does the Honey Garlic rub taste? sounds delicious.

It's very good - especially as a pre-rub for ribs. I'm not someone who likes a ton of 'sweet' in my BBQ, but this stuff is like crack - and I found it at Food Lion (it's a Weber product) so it should be easy to find.

W-Honey-Garlic-Rub.png

I had a NY Strip that was more than an inch thick, but over cooked it ever so slightly. It was still good, but damnit!

Cooked my favorite zucchini casserole to go with it, zucchini, squash, red onion and cheddar layered in the pan with olive oil to juice it, cooked for 20 minutes at 375.

A1 on a burger....yay or nay? I'm yay all day with A1, even sprinkle some on mac n cheese.

Stop judging me Boone!

Last edited:
A1 on a burger....yay or nay? I'm yay all day with A1, even sprinkle some on mac n cheese.

Stop judging me Boone!

I won't put it on a steak! It goes on burgers with lettuce, onions, and pickles!

My kids used to put A1 on grilled salmon

Yes, salmon with A1 is extremely good. I just dabbed an Italian sandwich in it for lunch. I may or may not have an A1 addiction now.

I'm going to be smoking some tri-tip on the Big Green Egg for dinner. If you're not familiar with the cut, some refer to it as 'poor man's prime rib'. It is an extremely flavorful part of the beef sirloin that is triangular-shaped. Sometimes hard to find, but it is an amazing cut for roasting/grilling. I'm going to accompany it with something I've never tried, Green Pipian Romesco Sauce which is a hybrid of a traditional Romesco sauce (made with almonds) and a Mexican Mole Pipian.

Anyone doing anything exciting on the grill or in the kitchen today?

No clue what I'm doing today although I'm sure there will be something fun on the grill tonight.

Tomorrow, I'm smoking an 8 lb pork shoulder. Here in just a bit it will get slathered in mustard and then rubbed with a bunch of spices and brown sugar, then wrapped tight for a night in the fridge. It will go in the smoker about 6am tomorrow.

Will update when I figure out tonight's plan...

Grilled lamb chops with an orange-pomegranate glaze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.