• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Last night I fixed snow crab legs, roasted garlic potatoes, and sauted broccoli. The crab legs were a menu request from the wife.

Having leftover chili from the weekend I made from scratch. Some one told me it might be better the second and third nights...

We will see.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I yam what I yam.... Well, that's what she calls it :)

My wife is making yam chili as I type. She got an honorable mention in a charity chili cook off with it a few weeks back, and hers, along with two others were just in the local papers. She found the recipe on the net, and then did a little tweaking of her own.

This chili is like none I've ever had.

Got flat iron steaks in the fridge waiting for the grill. If you haven't tried this cut, you are missing out. For the $$$ probably my favorite cut. Naturally marbled, but overall pretty lean, always tender, uniform in thickness, takes well to rubs/marinades....just a great steak.

Doing a simple rub today - coarse ground pepper, kosher salt, mixed with dried oregano, thyme, and paprika, tossed with a handful of fresh minced garlic. Lightly coated steaks with olive oil, then liberal amounts of rub.

Will grill them in a couple hours, and serve with baked potatoes and some italian bread.

I think I'm cheating and doing Pizza Hut tonight. Not feeling great, a little congested, and the fam wants pizza. You can't win every time, right?

Does this mean I get my membership revoked?

We'll let it slide this one time :)

Steamkmg 10 lbs of 16/21 shrimp. Broccoli casserole and pot of slow cooked butter beans. Not sure if will do garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes or jasmine rice.

Few things beat steamed shrimp in my book. Next to coffee, shrimp was one of God's best inventions :)

The shrimp turned out perfect. Added couple bottles Amber Bock to the water and skipped the old bay this time.

Not a fried food guy, but had a 'hankerin'' for calimari, so went out and got a deep fryer today. Going to do fried calimari rings and shrimp with marinara, with some She-Crab Soup to go along with it.

What kind did you get and how did it work?

I'm also interested to know. I have a deep fryer, and am considering trying calamari tonight for the first time.

I bought a Kenmore....very easy to use...happy with it. Harris Teeter sells big bags of pre-cleaned calimari rings...very simple recipe, just used fish-fry breading, fried them up, squeezed some fresh lemon juice on them and served with marinara sauce. Very nice :)

Today am doing traditional buffalo wings for the game, and homemade pizza for later.

We are having pulled pork tonight. The boston butt has been in for three hours so far, about three more to go.

I made steamed shrimp, then made a seafood salad that we put on fancy hot dog buns. Very good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.