2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Florida State

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    The venison comes from my freezer. The 2 deer I got last hunting season will usually last me until this coming season.

Wasn't too impressed with the Tony Chachere Cajun marinade last night. But I'll give it another chance before the final verdict. It wasn't "bad", it just wasn't that impressive.

I seem to remember trying a McCormick Grill Mates 'Montreal Steak' dry seasoning some years ago. Will have to look for the marinade and give it a try.

And I have never had grouper. Sounds like I'm missing out on something good. I'll have to give it a shot.

Don't do it unless you're by the ocean, it doesn't travel well...like most fish. OBX, Florida...I would never get it at a restaurant inland. Not even DC or Baltimore where they are relatively close to the shore.

And I used the montreal steak seasoning on my filet last night...I put a little too much on it, it was a little too salty to begin with.
    0 1 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

My daughter and her new husband are here with us for a few days before they head overseas for the next several years. We had lobsters flown in which were great last night. I bought a couple extra. Made some lobster stock last night after the carnage was over. I'm going to do a 'thermidor' type dish on Monday with the lobster meat. Gonna take the stock, add some sauteed carrots, celery, mushrooms, and snow peas, add goat cheese and parmesan, a little chicken stock, some sherry, some heavy cream, egg yolk, butter, lemon juice, and season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and some bay leaf. Serve it all over pasta.
    0 1 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

User Tag List