• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Yeah I probably do have a problem. Lately I've been scrambling 4-5 medium size eggs, throw a tad of milk in then douse them with probably 3/4 tbsp of cayenne. It gets worse, I then throw a generous helping of Tapatio on top.

I may just start cooking with bear spray, save spices.

I may just start cooking with bear spray, save spices.

There's this story about a guy who was stranded in the wilderness for weeks, and then his food finally ran out.
And he survived for days longer by consuming what was left of his Bear Spray.
Not sure if this ever actually happened, or if anyone else is believing this **** that I just made up, but like I said, it's a story. That much is for sure !

There's no way that could happen, even for a mutant. I know because a few weeks ago my dumbass son dropped a can of bear-spray in the hallway, discharging it. It was only like a second of release but it jacked up the whole house for a few hours.

Some of you guys who went thru the gas chamber at military or police training know what I'm talking about. Stuff is brutal to breathe and even worse to have on your skin lol.

I do like the gnarliest of spices that are intended for digestion though. Guy I know introduced me to scorpion peppers and dammit if I don't love em now!

Trinidad Scorpions [emoji4]

Use the full name to demonstrate the respect they deserve!

Couple of years ago at a BGO Tailgate I served a chocolate stout with scorpion pepper. It was a cold ass day but that stuff lit us up. Just ask Brother @Om.

Hurts so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing an 8 lb brisket on my weber bullet using a high heat method an applewood charcoal. Rubbed down with an ancho chili rub and using a Guiness-based mop sauce (with chopped red onion, garlic, jalapeno, bay leaves, brown sugar, and salt & pepper) every 30 minutes. Gonna do 2.5 - 3 hours on the smoker, then foil it and finish it up in the oven for a couple of hours. Expecting greatness. The rub and mop sauce are actually Bobby Flay recipes. Baked potatoes on the side.

How'd the brisket turn out? And send me the recipe if it was good.

Our oldest-still-at-home daughter had Homecoming last night and asked that I make dinner for her and her friends. I was blown away. So I grilled a Porterhouse (1.5 inches thick), some chicken breasts, roasted asparagus and carrots, and made some melting potatoes (4lbs). Plus had a gorgeous fruit tart for dessert.

Now listen, there were 4 young women (17 years old or so) and then me, the wife and the younger two kids, so 8 people all together. The food was gone. All of it. Damned locusts or something, I've never seen anything like it.

Made me proud. :)

I told Boone I made chili Friday night because it's Fall now and thus time for chili. Ground my own chuck and used a chocolate raspberry stout as the base. A little more soupy than I like, but the flavors were on point.

Making hand-made pasta tonight for dinner with pesto and shrimp. Than I'm going out of town for two days and doing easy stuff until Thursday.

Brisket was very good. I used the High Heat method described here on the Virtual Weber Bullet website:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisket4.html

For rub and mop sauce I used a Bobby Flay recipe I found online.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/smoked-bbq-brisket-recipe-1941085

As I mentioned, finished in the oven at 340 degrees for 2 hours. It came out tender, great flavor, and bark (I didn't have to throw it back on the smoker, it had great bark coming right out of the oven). Only change I would make is maybe use a different beer base. Guinness worked fine, but doesn't have a ton of flavor.

Dish question....does anyone else like pinto beans and cornbread as a meal or is it just a hillbilly thing?

That's a comfort food from my childhood - although my Kentuckian mother referred to them as 'soup beans'. I love them and still make them occasionally, although I cannot get anyone else in my family to eat them. I like to put a big old spoon of pickle relish in them. And yes - cornbread mandatory.

Okay, the wife and I are trying low carb recipes and tonight was meatloaf. The main goal is no carbs so bread crumbs/crackers are out of the question. Almonds was tried as a filler and I quite frankly hate those bastards.

Any of you guys use a low carb meatloaf filler that's NOT almonds...& if so what?

Okay, the wife and I are trying low carb recipes and tonight was meatloaf. The main goal is no carbs so bread crumbs/crackers are out of the question. Almonds was tried as a filler and I quite frankly hate those bastards.

Any of you guys use a low carb meatloaf filler that's NOT almonds...& if so what?

Found a recipe that calls for using dried/dehydrated onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms... I think that would be really good. If you wanted, you could probably blenderize them to keep the meatloaf texture. If I were doing it, I'd buy some sundried tomatoes, dried shitakes, and blenderize them with a packet of french onion soup. Bet that would work great.

Last edited:
Dish question....does anyone else like pinto beans and cornbread as a meal or is it just a hillbilly thing?

Cornbread with lots of butter can be a meal in itself. Adding beans just makes it even better.

As a kid my grandmother would make homemade buttermilk biscuits. We would have them with black molasses as a meal.

Sometimes the simplest of dishes make a great meal.

Found a recipe that calls for using dried/dehydrated onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms... I think that would be really good. If you wanted, you could probably blenderize them to keep the meatloaf texture. If I were doing it, I'd buy some sundried tomatoes, dried shitakes, and blenderize them with a packet of french onion soup. Bet that would work great.

Oh, sundried tomatoes sounds perfect. Onions are the devil's testicals though!

Cornbread with lots of butter can be a meal in itself. Adding beans just makes it even better.

As a kid my grandmother would make homemade buttermilk biscuits. We would have them with black molasses as a meal.

Sometimes the simplest of dishes make a great meal.

You ain't lying, miss that country cooking from grandma, especially biscuits. I like to take a spoonful or 2 of honey and mix it with butter using a fork. Tear the biscuit dab and repeat!

I don't think I could cook without onions and garlic - seriously... I think just using sun-dried tomatoes would overpower the meatloaf. Another thought - you know those bags of dried veggie chips you can buy at higher end supermarkets (it's usually dried tomatoes, zucchine, yellow squash, green beans, etc...) - I'll bet if you crushed those up it would work perfectly.

Okay went rabbit hunting today and scored 3. Currently crockpotting them for a few hours.

Anyone have a good wabbit recipe on hand...or even a secret spice for such?

No rabbit recipes here...sorry!

Traded some honey for some potted Lemongrass... Making 'Tom Yum' - a spicy thai soup with shrimp, lemongrass, thai peppers, lime, all kinds of vegatables and amazing spices...

My house smells like Heaven....me so horny....

Which reminds me ... gotta get you that honey Win...

Last edited:
No rabbit recipes here...sorry!

Traded some honey for some potted Lemongrass... Making 'Tom Yum' - a spicy thai soup with shrimp, lemongrass, thai peppers, lime, all kinds of vegatables and amazing spices...

My house smells like Heaven....me so horny....

Which reminds me ... gotta get you that honey Win...

This sounds amazing - I LOVE that kind of soup!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.