• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

On another note, what do you guys use when you need to thicken a sauce or a broth? I've been using sour cream cause I have no idea what else to use that won't screw up the meal.

Depending on how thicker I need it to be I usually either use Wondra straight or whisked with some melted butter.

Capn' Crunch Chicken strips and some Spanish Rice for dinner.

Roux, Wondra flour & corn starch. Thanks guys that's good stuff, & pretty sure I have none of those things in my pantry either.

Okay Boone is that literally Captain Crunch cereal? If so, go on.....

Yeah. Take Chicken Strips, dip first in flour w/salt and pepper, then dip in egg, then dip in crushed Capn Crunch cereal and deep fry (imagine you could bake too if you preferred). Kids will love it. I think the next time i make it, I'm going to have the last 'dip' be in Texas Pete.

It made me think about that other cereals might make good breading for meat...

Supposedly the KFC recipe got leaked.
I don't know if this is legitimate, but either way, it sure looks like a tasty recipe worth trying.

KFC recipe revealed? Tribune shown family scrapbook with 11 herbs and spices - Chicago Tribune

ct-tlfl-kfc-recipe-note-travel-jpg-20160818

Smoked French rack of pork w/ apple raisin chutney...
IMG_20161230_192412_336.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That shit looks on point Neo, so it taste as good as it look?

Just realized how much salmon I had to throw away from not eating right away. If anyone is wanting salmon this summer (freshly caught) we can work something out.

Anyone doing anything interesting for game day/New Year's Day? Did a nice cheese fondue last night. Also prepped some chicken Moroccan style. Soaked in fresh lemon juice, then made a paste with lots of paprika, cumin, black pepper, fresh cilantro, lemon zest, chopped garlic, salt, and a little olive oil and white vinegar. Going to grill them brick style. Doing some homemade mac and cheese to go with it.

I brought in the New Year with a slightly different twist on the classic New Year's Day meal.

Seared Cod with Black-Eyed Pea Relish, Collards, and Cornbread
Seared Cod with Black-Eyed Pea Relish_2.jpg

Cod is a delicious fish Dixie.

Cannot get any simpler than garlic bread and marinara as a meal. Dont judge me!

Made some chicken alfredo type pasta tonight and the pot was annihilated! Pretty sure I can thank Goal for becoming a pesto sauce addict as well.

Chicken fajitas, marinated in a Hawaiian teriyaki/pineapple glaze, seared in an iron skillet. Sides of salsa, queso, lettuce, and a little guac for the daughter. Serve with Spanish rice. And of course, use the George Foreman quesadilla maker to make a couple for the kids.

Last edited:
I made a large batch of kimchi last weekend. It's pretty strong (I used a traditional korean recipe which includes shrimp paste, and so it is pretty 'funky' - most people probably wouldn't eat it). I'm going to make kimchi soup tonight for dinner. Basically, you combine the kimchi, pork or pork belly (where the hell can you even buy pork belly), garlic, regular and green onions, shitake mushrooms, some diced zucchini, tofu, egg, and serve it over rice. I am looking forward to it :)

Bored on a Saturday. Doing Kimchi soup (pretty much guaranteed to be amazing), 'Gingered Sweet and Spicy Wings', and prepping some flat iron steaks with chimichurri sauce for tomorrow (amazing!).

Life is good.

I purchased a cookbook from a woman who spent 6 months in Italy, learning how to make Italian dumplings from village cooks. Great story, but even better recipes. Think gnocchi, but sometimes without potatoes, with ricotta instead, or with semolina flour, etc. Really light and airy and absurdly good.

And the sauces. I made a lamb ragu a few weeks back and froze some so we're still enjoying that. Bolognese sauce, of course - great with pasta and superb with lasagna. A fondutta sauce (think fondue with Fontina cheese - delicious) was a hit; but my favorite was a gorgonzola cream sauce with gnocchi that was amazing.

Dammit Goal I get hungry every time you type in this thread. My fat can be indirectly blamed in you!

I made a large batch of kimchi last weekend. It's pretty strong (I used a traditional korean recipe which includes shrimp paste, and so it is pretty 'funky' - most people probably wouldn't eat it). I'm going to make kimchi soup tonight for dinner. Basically, you combine the kimchi, pork or pork belly (where the hell can you even buy pork belly), garlic, regular and green onions, shitake mushrooms, some diced zucchini, tofu, egg, and serve it over rice. I am looking forward to it :)

So, my good friend is married to a gal from South Korea (her parents born/raised there, she was born in US). Do you bury your Kimchi before you eat it? He told me that was part of the 'official' process. Never had the stuff - heard it isnt the best smelling, hope you enjoy.

ps. Start watching the Caps!!!!

No - I don't bury it. I leave it on containers at room temp for 3-4 days and then it goes into the fridge. Traditionally Koreans bury their kimchi pots in winter because the ground keeps it above freezing but cold enough so it ferments very slowly and they can eat a batch throughout the winter. It's got some stank to it no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.