• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Ummm.... YES! Try it on pizza too - believe it or not, it's great on whole wheat crust.

Made Orange Anchor burritos with Cilantro rice last night. Maybe a little spicy for the kids, but I loved them.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Okay I just made like over a gallon of pasta mix and every ounce was annihilated!

Used penne noodles...diced up fajita chicken...can of cream of chicken...2 tablespoons of pesto...diced up turkey sausage links

Oh and used garlic salt/butter mix on Texas toast for "garlic bread"

I'm nowhere near as elegant as Goal in describing so let's just say I had a 1/4 chub from the results

106 pages of "what's for dinner", so are we finally ready for "what's for dessert" ?

How about Pots de Creme au Chocolat?

1 C Semi-sweet or dark chocolate nibs
1 egg
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp dark rum
3/4 cup milk brought to boiling point

Combine in a blender one minute on high speed. Pour in cups (makes 4 small cups, double the recipe if you want more). Put in the refrigerator and allow to set.

If you want to jazz it up, put it in small graham cracker pie crusts, and top with whipped cream and raspberries.

Ate at a Himalayan place Saturday night - ordered goat curry. First goat experience :). It didn't taste anything like I was expecting but it was damn good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a stand mixer, but I rarely use it. My wife uses it for baking however.

I just made a cake for my daughter's birthday and used our hand mixer.

Tonight for dinner I made venison with a blueberry balsamic sauce. Good stuff.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the bread my wife makes most of all. Fresh homade bread is the best food smell imho.

I haven't had deer meat in a while, miss it mostly in a thick stew with veggies! Was it this years deer?

We have a kitchen aid and I use it fairly often. Baking mostly but also pasta with the attachment.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Okay I sprung for the Kitchenaid and am already appreciating it. Wife made a bomb ass batch of homemade cinnamon rolls today. Pretty sure they had Tryptophan in them because I'm a literal human slug now.

Last edited:
Made Pepper Stout shredded beef last night.

Smoked a couple of chuck roasts (each cut into 4 big chunks seasoned generously with salt, pepper, Accent) for about 2 hours at 250 or so. While I was waiting for them, in a foil pan, sliced up 3 Jalapenos (seeds and all), 1 green, red, and orange bell pepper, a red onion, a head of garlic, and some celery. Took the meat off the smoker and put it in the foil pan on top of the veggies. Added 2 bottles of Guinness, and about 1/3rd cup Worcestershire Sauce. Foiled the pan and put in a 350 degree oven for a couple more hours. Pulled it out of the oven, shredded the beef with a couple of forks and stirred it all up.

Served on sub rolls with Feta or Bleu Cheese. Pretty damn good.

That sounds awesome. I'm doing something similar this week with a brisket, but without smoking it, just braising in some beer. Have a boubon barrel aged porter from Alewerks in Williamsburg I'm using, should be great.

Made hicken Stew for lunch, good stick to your ribs food. Carne Adovada for dinner, Mexican-chili, essentially. Good the first day, but the second day with burritos? Fugedabodit.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the bread my wife makes most of all. Fresh homade bread is the best food smell imho.

I haven't had deer meat in a while, miss it mostly in a thick stew with veggies! Was it this years deer?

Last year's.

Boone, I thought of you last night. I was making brisket, but didn't smoke it. I essentially braised it in a wine and onion sauce and it was amazing. Cooked it for 3 hours at 325, then let it sit covered for 90 minutes. Really tender and good. My wife loves onions and said it reminded her of French Onion soup, but thicker, on top of really good brisket.

Good stuffs.

Tonight's going to be memorable. Cooking octopus Mexican style, slow simmer of the beast with lots of onions and bay leaves in salted water. Will combine with roasted diced potatoes, fresh thyme, olive oil, chorizo sausage, and some kale. Very simple and I can already tell it's going to be amazing. And I'm cooking for myself. Because.... ain't no one else here :)

Okay I gotta try this octupie you mention, sounds pretty good.

On another note, what do you guys use when you need to thicken a sauce or a broth? I've been using sour cream cause I have no idea what else to use that won't screw up the meal.

Roux is great but it's a pain to make. Corn starch is the easiest way to thicken anything, just put a teaspoon or two in a small amount of hot water and stir with a fork so it's a solution. That's by far your best bet. You can also use arrowroot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.