• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Trying Lebanese tonight.

Kafta Mishwi - grilled ground lamb with spices kabobs. Going to serve the meat in pita bread with chopped cold tomatoes and a yogurt sauce. Tabbouleh salad as a side.

Can we get a before on the grill and after on the grill pics? Tip, put it all on the grill except the sauce and salad. ;-)

Had to change plans - couldn't find ground lamb... But soon. 3 kinds of wings in progress though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
image.jpg

Turdkrakken?!?!

I don't see chicken and octopus blending well. Sorry.

e5f80a7b4f055fa8bc57757826c68c1a.jpg

Fried wings

dff7a08243611779e1eabf4337ae1f3b.jpg

Sauces

Funny part - I'm the only one home, this is just for me :)

I don't see chicken and octopus blending well. Sorry.

I doubt they blend either, just thought it was a very odd combo to try.

You have to fry octopus for it to be any good right?

OMG no. Octopus is amazing prepared properly. Gently boil in water with lemons, garlic, white wine, and pepper corns. Then grill with olive oil, salt, pepper. Amazing.

You ate all that yourself? Wow. I'm like three hours away dude. I woulda helped a brother out.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Sausage Gravy pizza tonight.

You heard me.

It was great.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Made a simple crockpot version of Chicken and Dumplings last night. Spruced it up with some sauteed onions, carrots, and potatoes. Very simple and pretty damn good to boot.

Was lazy last night and had a spicy Italian on flatbread from Subway.

Pepper jack cheese, pepperoni, spicy salami, threw in black olives and banana peppers. It's my one food vice I cannot break!

Thanks. Normally when make sausage gravy not enough leftover for something like this. Will have to make a small batch.

Yeah, me too. I made biscuits and gravy for dinner, but some of the kids were gone or something and we had leftovers. So I was making pizza the next night and thought, what the hell.

It was good.

Wife just made a bomb ass roast! Sides were potatoes, biscuits, gravy & rainbow carrots. Desert was a fantastic apple pie. I'm literally laying here like jabba the Hut now.

I need a Segway or something.

What’s For Dinner – Recipes compliments of the Redskins and staff 1987

Recipes from: Cooking With the Skins, produced by The National Multiple Sclerosis Society in 1987. Chairwoman for book: Irene Jacoby.

Here’s a few recipes from this book that could come in handy. If there’s interest I will post these on and off. Hope I chose the right place to post.

Mushrooms Almandine – Bobby & Christine Beathard
Ingredients:
12 large mushrooms
1/2 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
1/4 cup grated jack cheese
1/2 cup tartar sauce
2 tablespoons chopped scallions

Wash mushrooms, cut off stems and arrange mushrooms cup side up, in shallow baking dish. Trim and chop stems. Mix stems with 1/4 cup chopped almonds, cheese, tartar sauce, onion and salt. Spoon into mushrooms. Top with remaining almonds and bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot. Serves: 4-6

Mock Crab – Sonny & Margo Jurgensen
“Inexpensive, but it doesn’t taste that way
Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, mashed
2 triangles parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grate parmesan cheese. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon mixture into small baking dish. Bake until brown and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Serve warm with crackers or bread rounds.

Cream of Crab Soup – Nate & Rita Fine (photography and video)
This recipe usually gets some pretty good compliments from the Redskins coaches. I’ve been making it for years.
Ingredients:
1 lb crab meat
1 cup boiling water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1/8 tsp pepper
Parsley flakes
1/4 cup onion
2 tbs flour
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1 quart milk
Few drops hot sauce (optional)

Dissolve cube in boiling water. In a 4-quart saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour and seasonings. Add milk and bouillon gradually; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens enough to coat spoon. Add crab, heat, but do not boil. Garnish with parsley. (Soup improves upon standing as flavors get a chance to blend. Prepare ahead if possible. Let mixture come to room temperature before refrigerating. Reheat over low heat, stirring often. Serves: 4.

Two Week Cole Slaw—Dave & Cany Butz
The name of this recipe, Two Week, is a joke in our house because Dave likes it so much it never makes it past the first evening.
Ingredients:
1 large head cabbage
1 green pepper
1 onion
1-1/2 cup sugar
3/4 up oil
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt
1-2 tsp celery seeds, optional

Coarsely chop cabbage, green pepper and onion. In a small saucepan mix sugar, oil, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture. Add celery seeds if desired. Serves: 10-12.

Corned Beef – Mr. and Mrs. Ray Flaherty​
Ingredients:
3 lbs corned beef
1 orange slice
1 onion, sliced
1 stalk celery with leaves
1 carrot, sliced
2 tbs pickling spice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbs prepared mustard
Little bit of water

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Soak corned beef in water to cover for several hours. Place on large sheet of heavy foil. Arrange garnish of pickling spice, orange, onion, celery and carrot over the meat and seal the foil tightly. Bake for four hours; cool and unwrap. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, mustard and water. Place beef in shallow pan and spread with the brown sugar and mustard mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

*****************************************​

You’ll have to let me know if this is of interest. There are so many interesting-looking recipes in this book.

Last edited:
You guys n gals ever eat your pasta with a pesto sauce? I've recently become addicted to this stuff so tomorrow is chicken, pasta with pesto and garlic bread.

Stuff is so damn good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.