• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

I actually have not fished for trout before (not messing with fly rod though, just going to use some light tackle and maybe some live bait too). No idea how big this stream/river is either (not too big I'm guessing) or whether or not there are many fish in it to begin with. We'll see I guess. Plan on putting some catfish bait in the water at night too and see what happens. If I catch them, they'll be on the grill for sure :)

Make sure to check the regs good, some streams don't allow live bait. Have your escape route planned if you do see the warden.

If it's a slower/deeper stream you can't go wrong pitching spinners. Rooster tails and vibrax shallows are good choices.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Though if you can use bait I'd suggest some really small baby shrimp,like 1/2 the size of your thumb lengthwise. Trout have small mouths.

Saw one on FB for chicken & noodle dish from a crockpot. Basically gonna be..

Shredded chicken
Pasta
Cream of chicken soup
Chix broth
Etc

Make sure to check the regs good, some streams don't allow live bait. Have your escape route planned if you do see the warden.

If it's a slower/deeper stream you can't go wrong pitching spinners. Rooster tails and vibrax shallows are good choices.
View attachment 3305
View attachment 3306

Though if you can use bait I'd suggest some really small baby shrimp,like 1/2 the size of your thumb lengthwise. Trout have small mouths.

It was too warm for trout where we were. Did catch some smallmouth bass and some brim, that was about it. We are looking at doing a flyfishing trip in early November (fishing from rafts)...

My brother did bring some fresh trout steaks with him. We stuffed them with fresh chopped garlic, ginger, and we grilled them with lemon and lime slices inside and out. They were incredible.

Last edited:
Local top round steak with a Gorgonzola sauce. Also sweet potato cornbread with brown sugar honey butter, as well as swiss chard and smashed potatoes.

Everything made from local farmer's market produce. And a terrific Merlot from nearby as well.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

If Goal's dishes are anywhere near as amazing as his descriptions are, he's the best cook on this board.

Ha! John, you're my cooking muse, you are easily the best cook on the board.

I have an English degree and write good.

How'd it turn out Goal?

Fantastic. The gorgonzola sauce went great with the meat and the potatoes, and the merlot complemented both.

Just to give balance, I made gnocchi Friday night with the same gorgonzola sauce, and the sauce was amazing, but the gnocchi were chewy and too doughy. They were OK for the first time, I'll keep working on it to make it better...

Yeah your descriptions are on point. You'll definitely have to author the BGO recipe book.

Neighbor just brought me over some kieash with moose sausage. Shit was on point!

What is 'kieash'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or did you mean quiche?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't censor me witch!!

But yeah cheesy moose sausage quiche over a pie crust turned into a helluva meal. Waiting on cheese & jalapeño caribou brats now.

Anybody made chicken & dumplings lately? Don't know why but Ive been craving it this week.

Your Mom's tears.

:)

Flour, salt, baking powder and cream. Not... uh... healthy, but tasty!

Homemade lasagna tonight. Homemade bolognese sauce with local tomatoes and beef ribs from the Farmer's Market. Homemade pasta, bechamel sauce, parmaggiano reggiano from Italy (that was our biggest souvenir) and a little supermarket chicken sausage.

Damn.

Roasted cabbage wedges and salad on the side.

Damn.

Local table red with a hint of sweetness to compliment the sugar on the cabbage.

Did I mention .... Damn.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.