• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Pho is a top 5 meal for me, and homemade is even better. Next time, give me a heads up, your only 3 hours away. :)

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Simple shredded chicken tacos

Edit: How'd it turn out Boone?

Pho is a top 5 meal for me, and homemade is even better. Next time, give me a heads up, your only 3 hours away. :)

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Whenever my wife and I feel a bug coming on, we eat Pho. It has a very natural healing effect...much like the old days of chicken noodle soup.

Last edited:
I never know what the meal will be until it arrives. Been eating extremely healthy the last few weeks - a lifestyle change that is permanent. Last night I was allowed to have BBQ ribs with the family sauce recipe.

Each day starts with of large bowl of fruit. I've gotten used to it.

I rarely cook from recipes, but I peruse a lot of them just to get ideas. I'm a fan of the Pioneer Woman and a lot of stuff she posts - she is passionate about a lot of things but particularly good food. This one intrigued me. I made some knock-your-socks-off jalapeno poppers for the Super Bowl coated with spicy crunchy cheetoes. This is in that same 'novelty' vein but sounded intriguing and tasty, so giving it a try. Fried chicken strips rolled in crushed Captain Crunch cereal. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Cap?n Crunch Chicken Strips | The Pioneer Woman

Well, 7 hours after I intended to eat, finally sat down to dinner. Chicken is very tasty. You'd never think 'Captain Crunch'. Just a nice flavor with a tinge of sweetness. Try it - easy and good.

Well, 7 hours after I intended to eat, finally sat down to dinner. Chicken is very tasty. You'd never think 'Captain Crunch'. Just a nice flavor with a tinge of sweetness. Try it - easy and good.

Hopefully the recipe didn't take you 7 hours.

Now that's biting humor.

Too soon? :paranoid:

No. He charged me immediately and ran up my leg. He was on my chest before I could react. Kept coming at me. It was crazy.

If you guys haven't had caribou before you need to add it to your bucket lists. Buddy of mine just shot one last week and found a fantastic butcher. Dude is making bacon, jalapeño & cheese caribou brats! Can't wait to try this batch out

Oh this ones all his, I'm just gonna steal some.

Never tried pineapple as a marinade, I'm intrigued now.

Edit: I kinda like the gamey taste though. Jack Daniels makes these marinade packets for meat that are pretty effin good.

Last edited:
My brother rented a huge house right on a trout stream in the mountains near Asheville where my family is all gathering for Labor Day weekend. I'm cooking Sunday dinner. Bought 6 racks of St. Louis style spareribs that I'm going to slow cook on the smoker.

Nice, need to throw a few trout in that jewel as well.

Seems you're pretty content with purchasing that smoker huh?

Last edited:
It's great when you have to cook a lot of food for a big group for sure. I don't use it often for just us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.