• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Took this about 5 hrs into a 6 hr cook at 225. I used the 3-2-1 method which, in a nutshell, is smoke 3 hrs, foil 2 hrs, take out of the foil and cook another hour, to firm it up. I added a dollop of bacon grease, and smeared some Tabasco jelly on the foil and a splash of apple juice, before I wrapped it. I used a Memphis-style rub. Not my favorite way to do ribs, I prefer a little more tug, but that's the way the Mrs likes 'em, and they're still pretty good. I used Kingsford briquettes and a chunk of wine-barrel for the smoke.

13256382_1109129042463296_545270267152507162_n.jpg

try the apple wood Kingsford charcoal = very nice

Sat down this season for my first feast of crabs. Not much better than picking crabs, eating corn on the cob while feeding my daughter bits and pieces as I picked them while the boy ran around with his cousins.

Probably one of my favorite meals. And there is nothing that compares to Maryland Blue Crab. What pass for crabs down here in NC is a shame. We order steamed crabs from Maryland during our beach week every year. I used to try to have them shipped live, but unlike lobster, they just don't do well. But order them steamed and reheat in an oven or microwave and they are fantastic. #jealous

Boone- for the chicken did you keep the grill at about 300?

Also, I've been thinking of using the brick method with the bottom of a cast iron skillet. Should work, no?

I put all 3 burners on my gas grill on medium, sear for 5 minutes each side, and then turn off the middle burner and cook for another 40 minutes. The legs are falling off by this point. I make sure to oil the grill and the 'brick' well (I use a long heavy cast iron griddle plate as my 'brick' but anything heavy and fireproof will do) so that the skin doesn't stick.

A cast iron skillet will be fine. I've even put a 15 lb iron weight on mine. I think you mentioned using a brick method for burgers once. Same idea. Best chicken ever.

I've never bricked burgers. I do cook them in the cast iron skillet on the grill though. I use high-fat ground beef (27%), if I cooked those indoors the fire department would probably show up. :)

I thought I recalled you using bricks for something - but maybe it was someone else....

You guys kill me in this thread. It's truly torture reading about your cooking/grilling skills.

I'm decent with steaks, etc on the grill. But my gf isn't the best cook either. So we eat out a ton--much more than I would like.

What do you prefer between Maryland blue crabs or crab legs? I love snow crab, and Alaskan king crab is decent too. I'm not sure that I've ever had blue crab before.

It's all about the desire to learn. I didn't grow up in a culinary family. Both my mom and dad cooked a few things very well, but cooking has always been a natural fascination for me. It's just part of who I am.

As for crabs, king crabs (or any other open ocean crab) and Maryland blue crabs - there's no relationship. They are both great in their own right, and certainly snow crab or king crab legs are 1000 easier to prepare and eat. But the taste of Maryland blue crab properly prepared with Old Bay - man, there's nothing like it. Picking crabs is a learned art. I've noticed that many people, if they aren't raised on crabs, and taught how to eat them, don't seem to have the patience for it. You aren't going to get fat eating crabs. Crab feasts at our place can last hours and hours. It's more of an event than a meal. You need a crab Yoda.

Just made a dope batch of 100 cows masterbating.....aka Beef Strogin-off!

Was damn good

My house is like an episode of Naked and Afraid. Actually, it's more like a never-ending season.

My gf, God bless her, really can't cook anything. She'll put in some effort, but cooking is probably the thing she does worst.

Tonight? We had pot stickers for dinner lol. Like from a box, with soy sauce. And she isn't 21 years old.

I also refuse to eat fast food. That means it's either eat out almost every night, or frozen pot stickers lmao.

I'm going to have to step up and learn how to cook. I'm sick of going to the same restaurants over and over. It's killing me here.

Just made a dope batch of 100 cows masterbating.....aka Beef Strogin-off!

Was damn good

That's not the most appetizing thought ever. Just sayin'...

My house is like an episode of Naked and Afraid. Actually, it's more like a never-ending season.

My gf, God bless her, really can't cook anything. She'll put in some effort, but cooking is probably the thing she does worst.

Tonight? We had pot stickers for dinner lol. Like from a box, with soy sauce. And she isn't 21 years old.

I also refuse to eat fast food. That means it's either eat out almost every night, or frozen pot stickers lmao.

I'm going to have to step up and learn how to cook. I'm sick of going to the same restaurants over and over. It's killing me here.

I can relate to a point. My wife isn't much of a cook either. Here's to hoping there are other things she does amazingly well. In which case, quit yer bitchin' and learn to cook :)

I can relate to a point. My wife isn't much of a cook either. Here's to hoping there are other things she does amazingly well. In which case, quit yer bitchin' and learn to cook :)

If things don't work out with my current gf, I already have my next plan of attack worked out.

You know how they have dating sites for almost every group now? Farmers Only, Jewish Doctors, etc....?

I'm going on one for chefs.

And I honestly don't care what they look like. We've all had that beautiful wife or gf that every guy stares at, etc. I don't even want that anymore.

350 pounds and a cleft lip? That's okay. Tell me about your chicken parmigiana. Whisper "sweet nothings" to me about pot roast and potatoes. Impress me.

Cooking for me is an artistic expression with a great secondary benefit. After all, you can't eat a cello or a watercolor.

I couldn't take it anymore. Snow crab and corn on the cob it is.

Someone has to take control lol.

Frying up some catfish and hushpuppies. Just in the mood for something different after a work day.

98641790a3d8c064ce0a06a0014d053c.jpg

Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.