• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Had some brunswick stew last night. Neighbor made a large pot of it and gave me some. They know how to make that stuff down here. Quite good.

Love Brunswick Stew.... I know both Virginia and Georgia both claim to have invented it, but in my neck of the NC woods they swear it started here. In the fall, every Boy Scout troop within 100 miles is staying up all night making it for Saturday morning sales. If you do it right, it is a labor intensive meal - but amazing if done from scratch! Texas Pete is required.

Wife made a batch Red Mill's 13 bean soup. Additives were shredded roast, tomatoes, green chili's and salt. Heated up some garlic bread for dipping, pretty fine lunch.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/13-bean-soup-mix.html

image.jpeg

Went to Williamsburg to see family for Easter. My Mom in Law just had hip replacement surgery, and we didn't want her to have to cook, so I handled most of the menu for Easter Lunch/Dinner. Made Prime Rib, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Cheesy Ranch Potatoes, Broccoli Casserole and Jello Salad (my Mom made that) and got some Hawaiin Roles. Holy Crap the Prime Rib was amazeballs. Cooked it at 200 for 6 hours and it. was. perfect. Better than almost any prime rib I've ever had.

Also made Key Lime Pie and Peanut Butter Pie for dessert.

My parents were happy, and I am now in lots of favor with the in-laws too. It was a good day.

Alsatian Potato Casserole with Gouda and bacon, stewed Kale and rib eyes on cast iron skillet. Nice Sangiovesse to go with.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

My wife has the flu. Which means there's a decent chance I will soon have the flu!#$%%@#%!!!! So I'm going to make BRITU (Best Ribs in the Universe) today. Because I can.

Homemade Mac and Cheese. I know some here are experts (Goaldeje in particular) but I rarely have made. I used a Pioneer Woman recipe. Gotta say, it was pretty amazing. I used sharp cheddar, monterey jack, and parmesan..

Macaroni & Cheese | The Pioneer Woman

Homemade Mac and Cheese. I know some here are experts (Goaldeje in particular) but I rarely have made. I used a Pioneer Woman recipe. Gotta say, it was pretty amazing. I used sharp cheddar, monterey jack, and parmesan..

Macaroni & Cheese | The Pioneer Woman

My wife's favorite. Capital Grille Lobster Mac i my favorite...that stuff is delish!

I imagine Kraft Mac and Cheese and lobster would be most people's favorite :)

The best Mac & Cheese I ever had, was a friend's homemade version, which had like 5 cheeses in it.
So, when it comes to Mac & Cheese, the principle "more is better" definitely applies to the cheeses.
Course, you can further gourmet it, to taste, with things like bacon, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc etc.
Think of it like a 5 Cheese pizza, with your choice of toppings.

I imagine Kraft Mac and Cheese and lobster would be most people's favorite :)

Haha! You could take the lobster out and it would still be the greatest mac n' cheese ever!

As for Kraft...Megan loves it!

Love Mac and cheese. True comfort food.

Just made grilled cheese a new way. Mixed some IPA mustard in with the butter and herbs for the bread. Then grated some Sweet cheddar finely, and put in a food processor with a little Chardonnay and scallions. It was like eating Swiss Fondue.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Making chicken soup for my sick wife. Whole chicken, lots of veggies, love.

tenderloin.jpg

Making beef tenderloin on the grill today. Trimmed the loin, coated it in butter (I actually used a low fat non-dairy butter substitute), and covered generously in seasoned salt and lemon pepper. Cooking in a foil pan in about an inch of the butter substitute. Turning every 15 minutes or so and re-seasoning. Plan on pulling off in an hour or so.

Off the grill...

tend2.jpg

Pretty amazing for gas grill tenderloin. Unbelievably tender and great flavor.

Had a great day in the garden/yard. Making one of my all time favorites for dinner (and it's going to be a late dinner. Peruvian Chicken. If you like crisp, lemony, grilled chicken this stuff is just like crack. I have posted the recipe before, but doing so again below. Couple things. I don't have a rotisserie, and I think it's better if you butterfly a couple of small chickens and then cook them brick style on the grill. I also deviate from the below recipe in that I use 4 lemons in the soak, and then squeeze the juice of 2 lemons into the marinade. They call it a paste, but even if you follow the recipe and don't add the lemon juice, it's never a 'paste'. I usually hit the finished chicken with more fresh lemon juice coming off the grill. I have never tried the 'dipping sauce' included. Trust me, the chicken stands alone and needs no dipping of any kind. Pairing this with some baked potatoes.

This is an amazing meal - try it.

This great rotisserie chicken recipe became hugely popular along the East Coast of the United States a few years back. Know as Super Chicken, El Pollo Rico, or Peruvian Chicken this is a tasty way to make a bird with enough flavor to satisfy anyone, but mild enough for everyone.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
4 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons white wine
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
juice of 1 lemon
1 quart cold water
Preparation:
Combine vinegar, wine, oil with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to form a paste. Add lemon juice to cold water. Trim chicken of any excess or loose fat. Wash chicken thoroughly with lemon water. Place chicken in zip-top bag. Pour spice paste over chicken. Coat chicken completely with mixture rubbing into every surface. Try to get the paste under the skin as much as possible.

Seal bag and place chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The chicken will have more flavor the longer it "marinates" in the spice mixture. Do not refrigerate more than 24 hours however.

Preheat grill and prepare rotisserie. Place chicken on rotisserie and on the grill for approximately 1 1/2 hours at a temperature around 300 degrees F. (150 degrees C.) Test chicken for doneness by measure in the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh. Chicken is done at 165 degrees F. (75 degrees C.).

This chicken is frequently served with dipping sauce. A simple version of this sauce is made from combining 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons lime juice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.